Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Reserved

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
If the falcons beat the cardinals I renounce my faith in Arizona

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Bucs lose

Still somehow remain two games out of first

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

We'd better not lose to the loving Bears. They have no defense, while we have no offensive line and the most disappointing offense in football. Moveable object meets stoppable force.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Prediction: The Seahawks and Niners will beat the everloving gently caress out of each other.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Eagles/Cowboys is the game of the week and maybe even the year. I'm really nervous.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

axeil posted:

Eagles/Cowboys is the game of the week and maybe even the year. I'm really nervous.

What a wonderful world we live in, friend.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Cruel and Unusual posted:

We'd better not lose to the loving Bears. They have no defense, while we have no offensive line and the most disappointing offense in football. Moveable object meets stoppable force.

The Bears D-line has been decidedly "okay" so they could cause some issues for a bad O-line. The problem is the Bears match-up terribly in every other way - their secondary should be exactly what Detroit needs to let Stafford get back into a passing groove, and their offense has played like poop against anything resembling an average D all season (so Detroit should have no problems). I'm thinking Detroit 28, Chicago 17.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Prediction: The Seahawks and Niners will beat the everloving gently caress out of each other.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

I would pay to see that. Those rosters are rife with talented assholes that have burned me over the years.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I predict eight total personal foul / unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for the Seahawks / 49ers game.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

I would pay to see that. Those rosters are rife with talented assholes that have burned me over the years.

seiferguy posted:

I predict eight total personal foul / unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for the Seahawks / 49ers game.

Nah. The coaches are good about stopping that between these two. There will be a lot of jawing though. Maybe an ejection or two.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Rivers is going to throw 4 touchdowns versus the Ravens secondary.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
I'm just assuming the Hawks and 49ers split their games, each team winning at home. It's a shame that Thanksgiving happens to be in Levi Stadium.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Sour Diesel posted:

Don't fight it baby, just let it happen. King Laser face is coming.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Don't fight it baby, just let it happen. King Laser face is coming.

Also isn't Matthews going to be back for that game? I'm sure the Ravens can handle him (They haven't had a 100 yard rusher against them in a while) but he's still good enough to balance the Chargers offense which is really going to hurt.

Yesterday the Ravens shut down the Saints running attack and Brees still threw for 400+ yards on them.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Sour Diesel posted:

Also isn't Matthews going to be back for that game? I'm sure the Ravens can handle him (They haven't had a 100 yard rusher against them in a while) but he's still good enough to balance the Chargers offense which is really going to hurt.

Yesterday the Ravens shut down the Saints running attack and Brees still threw for 400+ yards on them.

Yeah, Mathews is back. He had 100 yards on like 12 carries against the Rams. Him being back will make sure the Ravens can't cheat and drop eight into coverage every snap

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
For the first time since the Falcons game, Giants should be favored. The Jags are still a broken mess, and while the Giants are deeply flawed we have yet to lose to a team with a losing record. Bortles has regressed from his earlier promise, but he's been given no support whatsoever and he isn't in position to succeed. Our defense is bad and might give the Jags an easier time, but I think overall this is the week the Giants defense looks okay simply because of the trash they are facing. On the Giants offense facing the Jags defense, this is the matchup to watch. The Jags Defense is actually alright, and the Giants offense is also alright, if a little turnover prone. The Jags are very good at generating pressure and Eli is now poo poo under pressure, so the Jags might actually cause issues for the Giants. If Eli can get the ball out of time though, it might not matter.

Giants should win, but this is one of the Jag's last good opportunities to win a game so I don't expect them to go down easy.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Browns vs bills is always the game of the year.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

axeil posted:

I'd never wish an injury on Tony Romo but I really, REALLY wish Brandon Weeden was suiting up for this one.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Texans vs Titans is the who cares game of the week, I just want a sweep against my most hated team and then ehhh

5 wins with a game against the Titans and two against the Jags to go, then have to deal with the Ravens and Colts, looks like a nice Cowboys-like season

Pork Chops Aplenty
Jan 11, 2008

Intruder posted:

Texans vs Titans is the who cares game of the week, I just want a sweep against my most hated team and then ehhh

5 wins with a game against the Titans and two against the Jags to go, then have to deal with the Ravens and Colts, looks like a nice Cowboys-like season

A) Are the Titans seriously your most hated team

B) Do they have a chance of winning this game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

my cutting eagles-cowboys matchup analysis:

Eagles literally have no one to match up with dez bryant, can't defend any tight end in the league, and needed Tony Romo to get hurt to beat them last year (BY 3)

Cowboys win 470-28

Judd Crandall
Jan 23, 2005

Bust a move all over your face!

Quest For Glory II posted:

my cutting eagles-cowboys matchup analysis:

Eagles literally have no one to match up with dez bryant, can't defend any tight end in the league, and needed Tony Romo to get hurt to beat them last year (BY 3)

Cowboys win 470-289

ftfy

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Sour Diesel posted:

This will happen but the Ravens win due to ten Tucker field goals.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The Bears have been progressively worse every game of the season since the 49ers game. Thus, instead of a repeat of the 27-14 beating they took earlier this year, it'll be 42-0 Lions.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

I really don't see any reason for Bears optimism. Stafford will put up 50 and the offence will struggle. We'll end the season at 5-11.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Lazerbeam posted:

I really don't see any reason for Bears optimism. Stafford will put up 50 and the offence will struggle. We'll end the season at 5-11.

Uh.

Have you seen how poo poo the Lions offense has been lately? It's going to be a mess of a game.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

Fair point but I'm still not expecting a win.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I love those weeks where your team can absolutely torpedo itself in the playoff race but is extremely unlikely to advance itself.

Love it.

In the AFC:N race the Ravens will probably lose. They have a good front seven but so did the Rams. Their corner situation is dire. The Steelers may lose but
I doubt it. The Saints will be playing for their lives and the Steelers secondary is woefully bad, but the Steelers could rush for 300. I actually think the Bills should be favored over the Browns but It's hard to back Orton vs Cleveland's secondary. The Buccs are definitely a trap game waiting to happen and the Buccs will be way more familiar with the Bengals schemes than the Bengals will theirs.

I say:
Chargers 28 Ravens 17
Saints 21 Steelers 27 (OT)
Browns 14 Bills 9
Bengals 24 Buccs 13

I have a sneaking feeling one or more of the AFC:N teams will implode like an Italian submarine this week.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Bigass Moth posted:

Browns vs bills is always the game of the year.
Hopefully, no knees get destroyed this year.
As for how the game turns out? Bills-Browns games are beyond prediction. They're usually horrible in a good way though.
The worst thing about it is that we must kill one another. The Bills need this to stay alive for the playoffs, the Browns need this to keep pace with their eerily 100% above-average-but-not-good division.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Once again it is possible for every team in the NFC:S to lose this week. The only game that has a reasonable chance for an NFCS win is the Panthers vs Vikings contest, and I still don't like Carolina's odds.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

bigmcgaffney posted:

If the falcons beat the cardinals I renounce my faith in Arizona

16-3

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

At this point its looking like 10-7.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mrit posted:

At this point its looking like 10-7.

They get to make the playoffs? :unsmith:

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
At this point I just hope that the Jaguars bump out Katy Perry for the SB halftime show.

EDIT: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/25/us-music-superbowl-katyperry-idUSKCN0J805T20141125

:(

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I feel like it's a coin flip, but if I had to pick a winner between Green Bay and New England I'd go with the Patriots. Both teams have offenses that are murdering everything, but the Patriots have a better defense, and have put up a better record in spite of facing a tougher strength of schedule than Green Bay. And the Patriots certainly don't give a poo poo about cold weather.

The flipside is holy poo poo have you watched Aaron Rodgers play lately? So yeah.

Pork Chops Aplenty
Jan 11, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

I love those weeks where your team can absolutely torpedo itself in the playoff race but is extremely unlikely to advance itself.

This is pretty much every week going forward for every team in the AFC:N.

quote:

Love it.

In the AFC:N race the Ravens will probably lose. They have a good front seven but so did the Rams. Their corner situation is dire. The Steelers may lose but
I doubt it. The Saints will be playing for their lives and the Steelers secondary is woefully bad, but the Steelers could rush for 300. I actually think the Bills should be favored over the Browns but It's hard to back Orton vs Cleveland's secondary. The Buccs are definitely a trap game waiting to happen and the Buccs will be way more familiar with the Bengals schemes than the Bengals will theirs.

I say:
Chargers 28 Ravens 17
Saints 21 Steelers 27 (OT)
Browns 14 Bills 9
Bengals 24 Buccs 13

I have a sneaking feeling one or more of the AFC:N teams will implode like an Italian submarine this week.

The Browns just lost NFL interception leader Tashaun Gipson for the season and will most likely be starting Jim Leonhard at safety. Our secondary isn't that scary right now, and the rest of the defense has been destroyed by injuries.

The Steelers are going to be the team that implodes, simply because they SHOULD dominate the Saints at home- they've proven to be physically incapable of winning easy matchups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

sean10mm posted:

I feel like it's a coin flip, but if I had to pick a winner between Green Bay and New England I'd go with the Patriots. Both teams have offenses that are murdering everything, but the Patriots have a better defense, and have put up a better record in spite of facing a tougher strength of schedule than Green Bay. And the Patriots certainly don't give a poo poo about cold weather.

The flipside is holy poo poo have you watched Aaron Rodgers play lately? So yeah.

When in doubt, take Aaron Rodgers at home.

I am so pumped to finally see Brady play Rodgers. Gon be gud'

• Locked thread