Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I haven't played the first game in forever so I won't comment, but Claptrap is lovably horrible in 2 (and the fact that the game doesn't really force him on you except for the first hour or so) and amazing to play as in TPS (purely for the added PC interactions)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Finally got around to completing this and it is just far and away the best thing Telltale has done, as well as the best writing there has been in a Borderlands game. Now trying to complete the Game of Thrones game in comparison and it is just such a slow slog in comparison. Obviously, Game of Thrones is a darker and less fast-paced world than Borderlands, but the characters in that just aren't as exciting to be around or memorable as the show, or this game.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Finally got around to completing this and it is just far and away the best thing Telltale has done, as well as the best writing there has been in a Borderlands game. Now trying to complete the Game of Thrones game in comparison and it is just such a slow slog in comparison. Obviously, Game of Thrones is a darker and less fast-paced world than Borderlands, but the characters in that just aren't as exciting to be around or memorable as the show, or this game.

The worst part of Game of Thrones to me is that the characters themselves could make for really good stories but they are trapped in a terrible story filled with forced cameos from show characters

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Geniasis posted:

Seriously though, I did miss a lot of those choices and ended up with Athena, Dr. Cassius, and August. Which I actually liked to be honest. As cool as Zer0 would have been, it was really awesome to have a team of characters who had really been a part of the story and had a stake in what happened.

I had that too and really liked it, it seemed thematically appropriate.

Athena and August have petty much been with the crew since episode 1 and 2 so having them be in the end just made sense. While Janey was there, I feel like she had an appropriate conclusion to her story, and Zero/Claptrap cool but kind of ancillary to the story. Having Cassius there felt like an appropriate conclusion to his own mini-story.

Ekusukariba posted:

The worst part of Game of Thrones to me is that the characters themselves could make for really good stories but they are trapped in a terrible story filled with forced cameos from show characters

Indeed. I still fee as though if the cameo characters didn't dominate this as much the story would have been better. But I've ranted about that enough on the GoT Thread.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Guardians of the Galaxy is gonna be dope if it's by the same guys who made this game.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Little Bitch Man posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy is gonna be dope if it's by the same guys who made this game.

I was just telling my friends, if Pierre Shorette and Adam Hines aren't heading up Tales Season 2, it better be because they're hard at work on this, because that'd be a spectacular match of writers and material.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Little Bitch Man posted:

Holy poo poo a GotG Tales game by these dudes? :f5:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Little Bitch Man posted:

Hell ya.

I haven't played a funnier game than this and GotG fits perfectly.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

DivisionPost posted:

I was just telling my friends, if Pierre Shorette and Adam Hines aren't heading up Tales Season 2, it better be because they're hard at work on this, because that'd be a spectacular match of writers and material.

Shorette maybe, but Hines left to found his own studio. Check out Oxenfree if you want to see more of his writing. It's really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Nameless Pete posted:

Shorette maybe, but Hines left to found his own studio. Check out Oxenfree if you want to see more of his writing. It's really good.

I actually just finished Oxenfree for the first time recently. It was OK but I wish it was a normal point-and-click adventure game because the side-scrolling walking simulator presentation doesn't really add anything except make you spend most of the game slowly zig-zagging across linear paths while voice acting plays with no options to fast-forward or skip, which is especially bad considering the game is made to be replayed.

It'll nothing else, even if the actual story wasn't amazing it deserves a lot of credit for writing teenage characters that are believable without being insufferable or twee in the way that, say, Life Is Strange was.

• Locked thread