Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Dolash posted:

Next episode's supposed to come out Tuesday and I'm pumped. I only regret how much work I'll have to slog through first before I can play.

Sure you weren't think of Game of Thrones? That's coming out on Feb. 3rd.

So far all we have for Episode 2 is a lovely cam recording of the PAX demo/trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swy6nRk2Z1A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
He also might be confusing it with the next Presequel dlc which IS tomorrow.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Yeah I was at the panel (wooo) and they didn't announce a date for the next Tales episode. Scooter is in it though! And at the later Borderlands panel they teased that the series might reveal some backstory about Zer0 eventually.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I definitely saw Jan 27th as a release date for "Atlas Mugged" bandied about on game blogs, but maybe they were just speculating... If it's not coming out Tuesday then I'm sorry for getting your hopes up.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
My hopes were already up. SHAME ON YOU. :colbert:

No but rly it's okay I just want the Tales now too, this wait is killing me

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Just finished ep. 1, I think I read on a video game blog somewhere (so this information is probably bad) that the next episode was going to come out on february 10th, so that shouldn't be too long.

I really think that It's a good idea to save the bullet. The game is telling us that Fiona and Rhys are captives, so it'll be good to save that for the occasion.

Although this is telltale so you'll probably get an out either way.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I hadn't even considered the possibility that you could save the bullet all the way up to the framing device and then use it to pop your captor in the last episode, that'd be an incredible payoff. Better yet if you save it that long and it turns out to be a dud because... I don't know, it got wet or something.

As for release date, I already jumped the gun when blogs were throwing around last Tuesday as a release date for episode 2, so I'd be wary of anything you see until Telltale make a proper, unequivocal announcement. The new Game of Thrones episode is coming out this Tuesday, so I suppose the Tuesday after that is as reasonable a guess as any.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Dolash posted:

Better yet if you save it that long and it turns out to be a dud because... I don't know, it got wet or something.

As for release date, I already jumped the gun when blogs were throwing around last Tuesday as a release date for episode 2, so I'd be wary of anything you see until Telltale make a proper, unequivocal announcement. The new Game of Thrones episode is coming out this Tuesday, so I suppose the Tuesday after that is as reasonable a guess as any.

Ahahahaha, I would love it if something like that happened.

Really though, I just like the whole skewed narrative the game has going on. I like playing Rhys as a smug jackass and Fiona as a callous opportunist, and It would be great if the game had multiple endings. Either with both characters narrating their own version of how they got everything they ever wanted (or explaining why they didn't) and riding off into the sunset, or with decisions you make affecting how the endgame plays out.

Still, nothing better than a story about a job gone wrong. Can't wait for episode 2 to see where it goes from here.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Agreed! I think the best part of this series for me is that it actually makes the borderlands universe really engaging and interesting. We are literally playing the NPCs that are running around in the background of Borderlands 2 while the vault hunters get to do all the crazy heroics.

Also it helps that it is way funnier than it's source material.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I'm actually expecting the identity of the masked man in the framing device to be affected by decisions made. It just seems an obvious setup.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Mokinokaro posted:

I'm actually expecting the identity of the masked man in the framing device to be affected by decisions made. It just seems an obvious setup.

That would be so great. Somehow if it could be Shade...

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
It's been two months, and still no word on the Episode 2 release date UUGGGGHHHHH. Why can't they alternate releasing an episode from GOT and this every month, like they did for Wolf and Walking Dead?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
If they keep the quality up better I don't mind more of a delay.

The delay might be due to the fact they need to pass things through Gearbox too.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Something kinda cool that I forgot to post earlier: one of the guys who worked on music for the game posted some on his website.

http://www.jaredemersonjohnson.com/projects/tales-from-the-borderlands

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

Mokinokaro posted:

If they keep the quality up better I don't mind more of a delay.

The delay might be due to the fact they need to pass things through Gearbox too.

Yeah I wouldn't mind that either - I just thought they'd have them somewhat ready a few weeks/days before release though..? But then I have no clue how these things work anyway

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

bubblelubble posted:

Yeah I wouldn't mind that either - I just thought they'd have them somewhat ready a few weeks/days before release though..? But then I have no clue how these things work anyway

Its Telltale, bro. A new episode could come out in three weeks, three months or three years.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

bubblelubble posted:

It's been two months, and still no word on the Episode 2 release date UUGGGGHHHHH. Why can't they alternate releasing an episode from GOT and this every month, like they did for Wolf and Walking Dead?

It was four months between Episodes 1 and 2 of The Wolf Among Us. So settle in, it could be a while.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
God I remember that wait, I don't think I was as hyped for TWAU as I am for this though.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Episode 2 coming the week of the 17th :woop:

oh that's next week :woop: :woop: :woop:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Kickass, finally! I don't mind long waits so long as they actually give us an idea of when it's coming.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I just gott around to playing this and it is pretty awesome! It's the first Telltale (adventure) game ive really played, but I am a legendary BL fan so I was always going to play it.

Question I have is about playing through multiple times... if I wanted to go through again and explore some different options, what will it remember for my episode 2 play when it arrives? Will it store the last choices I made? or the first? I kind of want my first gut choices to stick, and have any subsequent plays be discounted, but im not sure if thats possible.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I haven't picked up this series yet (still watching it to make sure it doesn't disintegrate on itself the way TWD Season 2 did), but if it's like other Telltale games, when you attempt to play something that you've already played, it should prompt you to choose a new save file.

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

AirRaid posted:

Question I have is about playing through multiple times... if I wanted to go through again and explore some different options, what will it remember for my episode 2 play when it arrives? Will it store the last choices I made? or the first? I kind of want my first gut choices to stick, and have any subsequent plays be discounted, but im not sure if thats possible.

The game will continue on from and use the choices of the save file you select.

Telltale makes checking different choices pretty painless. If you don't want to play the entire episode again, you can copy your save and then use the rewind function to revisit whatever scene you want. Just make sure to switch back to your primary save when heading into episode two.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Kickass, finally! I don't mind long waits so long as they actually give us an idea of when it's coming.

So excited. If they can keep up this level of writing and direction for the whole season it could be Tell Tale's best yet (although it will be essentially impossible to dethrone TWD season 1)

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

AirRaid posted:

I just gott around to playing this and it is pretty awesome! It's the first Telltale (adventure) game ive really played, but I am a legendary BL fan so I was always going to play it.

I haven't played Borderlands, but from my experience with other recent Telltale adventure games, I would recommend against doing this. You'll find that the decisions/changes aren't all that major and you'll risk ending up confused (wait, is this the save/playthrough where I was a jerk to everyone, or is this the one where I buddied up with so and so?).

I think it's better to save a replay for when the whole thing's out and you've already got your first full run out of the way.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

They finally posted the trailer for Episode 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2GbQbUeLc

:dance:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

They finally posted the trailer for Episode 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2GbQbUeLc

:dance:
Aw man. Rakk hive, Athena, and Scooter. I'll admit I'm pretty psyched for this.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Today's the day, time for another rousing rendition of "Argh, just put the new episode up for download already!"

Edit Edit Edit - Theeeeere we go!

Dolash fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 17, 2015

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Dolash posted:

Today's the day, time for another rousing rendition of "Argh, just put the new episode up for download already!"

Edit Edit Edit - Theeeeere we go!

I'm glad it went up for you because my PS4 still says it's "coming soon." TELLTALE :argh:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

God drat Ep 2 is just as good as Ep 1. Handsome Jack is brilliant, and actually likeable! But I still didn't trust him for the final choice. Hell no.

Please don't make me wait another 3.5 months telltaaaaleeee

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

We have always lived in the Borderlands, and I'm enjoying the view from here.

Eeney miney miney mo, much the same.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Effff it still isn't showing up for me. So psyched.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

CLLLLLLIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFF HANGAR! Damnit. And Fiona, blowing yourself up with a grenade isn't a plan! Especially when you don't know what the grenade does!

I'm really enjoying all the opportunities to make the main four characters friends and get them working together. Vaughan and Rhys's bro-down, getting bailed out as Fiona and calling them friends, telling Vasquez it's your friends who got you that far, all the little things. It didn't take as long as I thought, really, so I'm expecting whatever gets Rhys and Fiona at each other's throat will be something big, probably to do with Jack.

Good episode all around, I thought, and clocked in at two hours for me. Leaves me on the edge of my seat for the next one, which will hopefully be out in less than 4 months but I won't hold my breath.

Is anyone playing Fiona or Rhys as jerks? How's that going?

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

But where was Janie Springs ? I'm guessing I should have gone to the bar...

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Well, I enjoyed that episode. Good few callbacks to Borderlands 1/2 stuff in there if you could recognise them, good stuff.

Scooter and Jack's dialogue was top notch.

"Ignore the sub-clauses about uh, explosions and stuff... I might've borrowed it from Torgue..."

Anyone else have the dough to buy the Scooter special van? It said me and 2.6% of players did it. $1550 well spent. :c00lbert:

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Borderlands is an amazing setting, it's just the gameplay always annoys me due to the way the games DON'T ALLOW FOR A QUICKSAVE so if I get bored of a level it's always a slog to go "uh find a loving load screen so I can quit and don't have to loving play this whole level again".

Tales from Borderlands solves this problem :v:

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Great episode. This series is so good. I hope it gets Telltale to further expand past all the neverending parade of grimdark stuff they do. Hopefully this can stick the landing on this one. Walking Dead S2 and Wolf Among Us had pretty weak finales IMO. Having a strong ending was one of the biggest strengths of Walking Dead S1 and a big reason why everyone remembers it so fondly.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Prior to the Walking Dead, Telltale actually had quite a history of comedy games. It's really just the Walking Dead and Game of Thrones that buck that trend, while Borderlands is a return to form.

I actually quite like the mix of comedy and drama in this series so far. Put me in the camp that wasn't interested in the Borderlands game but are now enjoying Telltale's take on the wacky Space Mad Max. As silly as most of the game is "bro Bro bRO BROOOO" it's got a little edge and a little heart too. It's easy to get invested in the main characters' issues of friendship, family and trust, and the plot involving Athena, Atlas, the Gortys project and the devil Holo-Jack sitting on your shoulder is running pretty smoothly so far.

I'm also curious about the mystery surrounding Felix. It's starting to look like he didn't just steal the money out of greed, there might have been some kind of unfinished business he had to take care of. Glad I didn't kill him now so I can find out the full story. I bet the woman in that picture with Felix is the one who tore the picture at the end of the episode, and I wouldn't be surprised if she's August's boss too.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

That was a really good episode and the soundtrack continues to amaze me. It's fantastic how they have managed to wring so much chemistry out of these characters and this wacky setting. I can't believe how few goons seem to have discovered it though. It's release day and there were 11 posts in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

If I didn't catch Steam updating it I would've had no idea it released. Anyway, if you didn't tell Scooter he's awesome then you have no soul. :colbert:

• Locked thread