Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Does Telltales ever release sales numbers? I'd be curious to see how this game does versus the other titles, especially the wolf among us. Obviously, the walking dead and game of thrones have really huge built in audiences, I'd be curious how much of a difference that makes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Kaethela posted:

If I didn't catch Steam updating it I would've had no idea it released. Anyway, if you didn't tell Scooter he's awesome then you have no soul. :colbert:

I wasn't paying attention and missed the prompt here and he got really sad.

My favorite is when it says "That's creepy" at the top left when you're talking to Handsome Jack in the beginning. Made me laugh out loud. There are a couple of those though.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Dolash posted:

I'm also curious about the mystery surrounding Felix. It's starting to look like he didn't just steal the money out of greed, there might have been some kind of unfinished business he had to take care of. Glad I didn't kill him now so I can find out the full story. I bet the woman in that picture with Felix is the one who tore the picture at the end of the episode, and I wouldn't be surprised if she's August's boss too.

Wouldn't be surprised? August flat out says her name (Vallory) in one of his conversations with Fiona.

Elucidarius posted:

I wasn't paying attention and missed the prompt here and he got really sad.

Exact same thing happened to me :( I wanted to tell him he was awesome cos he totally Stuck up for me while getting the crap kicked out of him

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

AirRaid posted:

Wouldn't be surprised? August flat out says her name (Vallory) in one of his conversations with Fiona.

Exact same thing happened to me :( I wanted to tell him he was awesome cos he totally Stuck up for me while getting the crap kicked out of him

We know that Vallory is August's boss and she's part of the reason Felix did what he did, but we don't know if she's the woman we saw a glimpse of at the end of the episode or the one that appeared in the picture with a young Felix. That's just a hunch.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
It wasn't as wild as the first episode but from somebody who really thought a Borderlands Telltale game wouldnt work I'm really enjoying it so far

I bought the Scooter Special and was disappointed at Fionas "catcha riiiiiiide" attempt. Both walking dead and game of thrones have conditioned me into thinking that every decision I make is gonna kill either Vaughn , Sasha ..or Loaderbot.

The eyeball scene at the start was funny as gently caress and I was surprised they found another kickass song for this episode.

My only gripe are the PS4 trophies they pretty much let you know when your about to finish the episode as they are numbered

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

VoLaTiLe posted:

...and I was surprised they found another kickass song for this episode.

My jaw dropped as soon as I heard "Kiss the Sky" spin up. I remember that song from years ago when they used it to close out the first season of Eastbound and Down, and it was just perfect for this.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Well crap, now I got to wait seven months for the next episode. drat it!

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Bros, I have to say this chapter was absolutely amazing, the opening music, the interactions,the jokes, just everything about this game is awesome! Telltale has been knocking out the park with this game, and while the waiting time sucks, the quality it top notch. Here's hoping for not another long rear end wait though.

Dolash posted:

"bro Bro bRO BROOOO"

BRO, Bro, brO, bro bro bro!

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

Loader Bot better be playable in BL3

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Gotta say, for some reason Vaughn just happening to be absolutely ripped was my favorite joke of the entire episode.

Also, very glad I shelled out for Scooter's special package. It's got a uni-skag!

Kaethela posted:

If I didn't catch Steam updating it I would've had no idea it released. Anyway, if you didn't tell Scooter he's awesome then you have no soul. :colbert:
I guess I have no soul then. I thought it'd be funnier to just slam the door.

"Oh uh, alright. Not like thas gonna make me real sad or nuthin':smith:"

Also I dug that they made a reference to the long wait at the start with Marcus saying something like "yeah, yeah, I know it's been a while."

Edit: legitimately kind of sad that Janey Springs didn't show up when Scooter mentioned her, though.

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Mar 20, 2015

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Double post

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Well crap, now I got to wait seven months for the next episode. drat it!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Bro.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I still think the fist bump is the best moment especially if you fail it. :(:respek::psylon:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Edit: legitimately kind of sad that Janey Springs didn't show up when Scooter mentioned her, though.

Janey showed up in my play through. I had Rhys go to old haven and I think that's why.

Also, regarding Athena, did anyone else manage to steal her shield?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Janey showed up in my play through. I had Rhys go to old haven and I think that's why.

Huh? How??

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Excellent. So, so excellent. Slightly weirded out that I'm enjoying having Handsome Jack around for yet another BL instalment, but that scene in the desert where (if you decide to tell him about Jack) Vaughn goes on and on about how much Rhys is obsessed with Jack absolutely killed me. Bloody hell.

And Loader Bot. Oh Loader Bot. :v: I rly hope this isn't the last we see of him/it. Although, is that the same Loader Bot from ep 1 if you don't destroy it, or did Yvette just send another with the same memory/personality?

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I have to second that "Huh? How???" to both things.

bubblelubble fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Mar 20, 2015

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Sekenr posted:

Huh? How??

I guess I'll summarize it in more detail in the spoiler block here. I had Rhys and Vaughn go to Old Haven and not stop at Hollow Point, they did their thing and made a building pop out of the ground. Then when I was playing as Fiona again we were in Hollow Point, I got the caravan fixed up by Scooter, and we went to Felix's old cabin and found some neat things and hand grenades. Fiona and Sasha got jumped by some chumps, then Athena started chasing them. When they managed to run away to Scooter's garage, Athena threw her shield at them and it got lodged in a wall. Fiona and Sasha then got into the garage and Janey was already talking to scooter. It turns out Athena and Janey are a couple, which Scooter things is REALLY COOL, and Janey thinks Athena's bounty hunting days are over. On the way out in the caravan, Fiona notices that Athena left her shield outside, and you get the option to take it. Athena can't say anything since it would reveal she's still hunting bounties to Janey, but if you take it it gives you a pop up that says "Athena will REALLY remember that". So now Fiona has Athena's shield in my game.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I guess I'll summarize it in more detail in the spoiler block here. I had Rhys and Vaughn go to Old Haven and not stop at Hollow Point, they did their thing and made a building pop out of the ground. Then when I was playing as Fiona again we were in Hollow Point, I got the caravan fixed up by Scooter, and we went to Felix's old cabin and found some neat things and hand grenades. Fiona and Sasha got jumped by some chumps, then Athena started chasing them. When they managed to run away to Scooter's garage, Athena threw her shield at them and it got lodged in a wall. Fiona and Sasha then got into the garage and Janey was already talking to scooter. It turns out Athena and Janey are a couple, which Scooter things is REALLY COOL, and Janey thinks Athena's bounty hunting days are over. On the way out in the caravan, Fiona notices that Athena left her shield outside, and you get the option to take it. Athena can't say anything since it would reveal she's still hunting bounties to Janey, but if you take it it gives you a pop up that says "Athena will REALLY remember that". So now Fiona has Athena's shield in my game.
OH MY GODDDDDD I WANT TO REPLAY BUT I'M TOO MUCH OF A FIRST-PLAYTHROUGH LOYALIST OR WHATEVER

BUT JANEY AND ATHENA OMG

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Well that was a great song and a fun chapter, now to wait another 3 to four months and find if calling Vazquez a wallethead and telling Auguste he was just a mark is gonna get anyone killed.

Does anyone know what the holdup on this episode was?

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

It's an old and stale joke but I still laughed at COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE :psylon:

Great episode but I really hope they can churn out the next one a bit faster.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

Caidin posted:

Well that was a great song and a fun chapter, now to wait another 3 to four months and find if calling Vazquez a wallethead and telling Auguste he was just a mark is gonna get anyone killed.

Does anyone know what the holdup on this episode was?

I had the exact same choices as you and I was wondering the exact same thing,, I actually thought it might happen in this episode in a weird way. Still, wouldn't have it any other way though, I mean c'mon Callling brock samson a wallethead and getting away with it....

Also did anyone notice that Rhys' eye colors are different in the flashbacks, he loses the blue-echo eye shine thing I'm thinking it has to do with Handsome Jack getting out etc... anyone have any definitive thoughts here?

Best telltale game yet in my opinion. Some great moments where the music is just perfect for the scene.

SoggyGravy fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Mar 20, 2015

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

PringleCreamEgg posted:

haha totally did The "Im gonna mess with her" option was way too tempting :D

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

SoggyGravy posted:

Callling brock samson a wallethead and getting away with it....

The way he sorta says it as an offhand comment and the look on his face makes this scene hilarious

Edward_Lapine
Jan 21, 2011

I thought you were actually gay, I mean...
So did I, for a bit, but then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that DANCING!

bubblelubble posted:

And Loader Bot. Oh Loader Bot. :v: I rly hope this isn't the last we see of him/it. Although, is that the same Loader Bot from ep 1 if you don't destroy it, or did Yvette just send another with the same memory/personality?

Regarding Loader Bot, I didn't chose him to evacuate so I'm assuming the same Loader Bot came back and was a bit scorched and busted up. Loader Bot also was very condescending and grumpy with Rhys and Vaughn the entire episode. Like "Oh, looks like I saved you. Again." and Loader Bot only bro-fisted Vaughn during the bro-out.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I enjoy Telltale Games and have never played Borderlands, and I think probably this is their best yet. It definitely feels the most film-like. I'm really enjoying role-playing Rhys and Fiona more than I have any other TTG characters, I think maybe because I was just given some background info to run with. I guess Lee was like that in some ways too.

Anyway, I'm definitely enjoying it more than I thought I would.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Lee is a bit of a blank slate (you can easily play him as remorseful for what he did, or feeling what he did was justified), the characters in Borderlands are loveable assholes and really they are no matter what you pick you just pick the severity and style of dickery. It works well enough.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

RagnarokAngel posted:

Lee is a bit of a blank slate (you can easily play him as remorseful for what he did, or feeling what he did was justified), the characters in Borderlands are loveable assholes and really they are no matter what you pick you just pick the severity and style of dickery. It works well enough.

But are they dickheads with a heart of gold?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Heart of gold's the way to go. Bro-downs and sincere admissions of friendship for everyone!

SoggyGravy posted:

Also did anyone notice that Rhys' eye colors are different in the flashbacks, he loses the blue-echo eye shine thing I'm thinking it has to do with Handsome Jack getting out etc... anyone have any definitive thoughts here?

Apparently if you go with Jack in the ending choice, Rhys's eye turns the same shade of orange as it is in the future. Which could mean that in the future, Jack has actually taken complete control, or has blended with Rhys, or maybe that's the color the eye turns when it's deactivated and in the future Rhys has switched those cybernetics off.

Nothing definitive, I guess, but there's options.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It also could mean Jack transferred himself into the bunker systems and is no long in Rhys at all

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Mokinokaro posted:

It also could mean Jack transferred himself into the bunker systems and is no long in Rhys at all

Unless he gets stuffed back into Rhys by the end of the Old Haven sequence I doubt they'd do anything to split Jack and Rhys up this early, especially not if it's determinant. Although you're right that the orange eye might signify when Jack has vacated the premises by the time Rhys and Fiona are captured, it could be a sign that those particular cybernetics are inactive.

I'd like to say that it's taking a little too long for Rhys and Vaughan to put together that Jack is an AI that was on Nakitomi's ID drive, probably as part of some plan to bring him back to life. If you tell Vaughan about it they seem to treat him as a ghost.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure in the narration sections Rhys has different cybernetics. The arm at least looks different.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

Pretty sure in the narration sections Rhys has different cybernetics. The arm at least looks different.

Yeah I'm pretty sure his arm is silver instead of the old Hyperion yellow, and both him and Fiona have fancier outfits.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Okay, it was totally worth replaying that section differently to see that bit. Athena's still a big old awkward dork :3:

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

SoggyGravy posted:

I think it might even just be deactivated/broken. I mean we saw he can hack into some guns (probably just Hyperion ones) - I feel like he would've used it to his advantage by now if it was still working. Why would he stay a hostage?

bubblelubble fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 21, 2015

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
I don't really mind the long wait between episodes if I can expect the same quality both episodes have provided me. The intros with the songs have been especially great, I was legitimately surprised that I enjoyed Ep. 2's intro more than Ep. 1. I was the ultimate bro for Vaughn, Loader Bot, Sasha, and Fiona until I decided to trust Jack at the very end because I felt like he was the only way out. I played Rhys as if he previously admired Jack (which he obviously did according to his own narration and Vaughn's testimony), but had changed his mind once he met the hologram and realized what a true dick/psychopath he was. I just didn't see a realistic way out of situation at the end without Jack's help, but obviously deux ex machinas aren't outside the realm of possibility in this series, so I probably should have just stuck with my friend regardless of apparent utility.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
So on a replay of the episode so I could get Athena's shield, I noticed that Rhys' eye turned orange briefly in the scene where Jack uprades his eye to save him from his boss.
Also, calling it now, Big Data's 'Dangerous' is going to be one of the intro themes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8b4xYbEugo

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Poland Spring posted:

So on a replay of the episode so I could get Athena's shield, I noticed that Rhys' eye turned orange briefly in the scene where Jack uprades his eye to save him from his boss.
Also, calling it now, Big Data's 'Dangerous' is going to be one of the intro themes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8b4xYbEugo

I really, really hope you're right about this.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That song would work great for the opening of episode 3. Assuming it's a mess of crazy Atlas base security going haywire and shooting up the place/August's mooks. I'm pretty excited to see how the cliffhanger resolves, the situation is primed for being absolutely hosed. I'll be a little surprised if Vaughan and Sasha both make it out alive, since they're definitely the most expendable of the supporting cast at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Two episodes in and this is probably my favorite Telltale series yet. Hot drat.

• Locked thread