Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Usually every month or two. I'd expect around every other month (alternating with their Game of Thrones ones)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

A lot funnier than it has any right to be,

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
He also might be confusing it with the next Presequel dlc which IS tomorrow.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I'm actually expecting the identity of the masked man in the framing device to be affected by decisions made. It just seems an obvious setup.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
If they keep the quality up better I don't mind more of a delay.

The delay might be due to the fact they need to pass things through Gearbox too.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
It also could mean Jack transferred himself into the bunker systems and is no long in Rhys at all

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure in the narration sections Rhys has different cybernetics. The arm at least looks different.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I get the impression the New U stations are mostly a vault hunter thing. Peons and the bandits you normally deal with don't get access.

I mean Wallethead (I honestly can't think of him other than that) was ready to shoot Rhys and Vaughn and he doesn't seem THAT dumb to just let them pop back alive.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah. the devs basically treat the New-U as a gameplay mechanic but NOT something that works in universe (otherwise it'd get silly with any plot death possibly coming back.)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Achievements tend to get added early. It'll be up for PC in the next hour.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Masked guy is wearing a uniform identical to the Atlas doc from episode 3

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo the accountants were the best thing.

Also that last decision I had. Seemed like a bad idea but I want to see how it plays out.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Claptrap and Moxxi are the two major recurring characters we haven't seen.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Welp, there's an obvious (likely early in the episode) spoiler in there

Jack the body snatcher

EDIT: \/ doubt it's that big of a deal. It's probably something in the first few minutes.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 16, 2015

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
My guess would be it's either Vaughn, Sasha or the Atlas doc from episode 3. Most likely the latter as the masked guy seems to be wearing an Atlas uniform.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

AirRaid posted:

You guys remember that Handsome Jack's doppelganger is killed in BL2 right? To get the voice chip thing? I guess he probably had more than one, but I would hedge my bets that if pushed, Gearbox would say that was the same one from TPS. Bear in mind that every other Vault Hunter in TPS is a callback from BL2 except Aurelia.

BL2 outright says there's more than one. And the one you kill isn't likely the vault hunter from Presequel because the guy you kill is only using a hologram to look like Jack while the vault hunter actually had surgery to resemble him.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure it is an Atlas uniform just bulky.

Which gave me a thought: what if it's Marcus?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

PantsBandit posted:

To be a little more positive, I liked how they had multiple instances where characters who are clearly complete dickheads that deserve their fates try to appeal to your conscience. Like, did anyone actually save Yvette? "Oh, you don't understand they told me they'd keep you safe!" Uhhhh....yeah sure. Kinda sounded like you were really wanting me dead last episode but I'll go ahead and open this door for you anyway!

I actually did save Yvette. She helps you with the reactor and amusingly you can kill her off q second time. If she survives that she ends up joining Vaughn.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Old Man Mozz posted:

ok, im going to second all this with my own personal addition that I think the level design of the pre-sequel was ... really bad and confusing. other than that it was easily the most fun of the series.

Pretty much.

The characters are the most fun to play as (outside of maybe Gaige and Krieg,) the O2 mechanics actually work well and are a lot of fun, having your character comment on the happenings really helps the story, progression is much better...

But the levels themselves and the quest design turns everything into a chore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
You fail unless you bring [spoiler]Athena AND Janey[/url] along.

• Locked thread