Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

mycot posted:

Where's Krieg?

This is the most important question.

Also, the game is live on steam. Installing now :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Man episode 1 was great. All the characters are great, the music is great, the little details are great:

I need MORE

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Snuffman posted:

Sooo...if I've enjoyed Walking Dead season 1 and 2, and loved Wolf Among Us, will I like this? I liked Walking Dead because it really had nothing to do with its source material, and I liked Wolf because I enjoyed Fables (to a point).

I guess what I'm asking is: As a Telltale game does it offer anything new or deviations from their formula? As a Borderlands game, will the writing make me want to gouge my ears out?

Yes, you'll probably like it. It has Telltale level writing, not Borderlands style writing. There's still jokes, and they're still funny, but they're not the main focus. There's no memes that I noticed. The voice acting is great, and I like all the characters. I dunno about deviations from Telltale's formula (only played TWD season 1) but there's a motorcycle chariot race. I dunno what more you could want, really.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ymgve posted:

Well, the dubstep theme is definitely a meme.

Man hate all you want but that poo poo cracked me up when I heard it. :colbert:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I've also gotta say I honestly wasn't expecting the ending. They distorted Jack's voice more than enough for me to not be able to recognize it. I have to ask though, I never played past the second Borderlands 2 DLC though I have a few half remembered bits of plot from the ones I didn't play. Was the professor they stole the ID from trying to clone Jack or just store his memories/personality?

Nakayama was trying to clone Jack in the Hammerlock DLC in BL2 (he failed miserably). He was also in the Pre-sequel where it was shown that he had a completely unhealthy romantic obsession with Jack (which also failed miserably).

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Also is the Pre-sequel any good? I enjoy Borderlands' gameplay a fair bit but that struck me as such a cash-in that I had no intention of buying it unless it got waaaay marked down during the holiday steam sales.

It's decent, just not as good as BL2 and most people will agree that it's not worth full price. It has its moments though, and I liked it just fine.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Hannibal Smith posted:

Wow, only 6% of players let Felix blow himself up? What happens if you take the other option?

Really enjoyed the episode. I didn't feel like my lack of knowledge about the setting held me back at all, although I had no idea that was supposed to be Handsome Jack at the end. Might have to read up a bit more on the storyline before the next episode. Were any of the other characters returning from the series? The only one I thought might be was Zero..

I made the same choice as you did. Screw that guy! As far as returning characters: Shade and all his menagerie (Bewm, Nakayama, Steele) are from previous games/dlc, as are Tector Hodunk (the bouncer) and Moxxi (who is on the phone with Zer0 at the end). I think everyone else is new as far as I can remember.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

If you want the full backstory on Handsome Jack: http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Handsome_Jack

Or just listen to this video for a bit and you'll get the great experience of listening to him ramble and gloat at you throughout BL2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIA4yduPwDM

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

If anyone here IS interested in picking up Borderlands 2, the GOTY edition is currently $13 on Steam which is a drat steal. Comes with all the good DLC.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Vargs posted:

This was pretty good and surprisingly long, but there was no Krieg. 4/10

Four episodes still to go. Fingers crossed!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Speedball posted:

Haven't gotten it yet but have seen a bit on youtube. How did they make Shade even CREEPIER? Hahahahaha.

I really didn't think it was even possible. But god drat, they managed it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I always thought shade was funny :shrug:

Shade is hilarious, but god drat have you actually looked at his face? :stare:

I think I figured it out. This is how he looked in BL2:

Bad enough, but in this game they let you see his eyes. His crazy, crazy eyes. :pwn:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

He's like if someone smacked Raoul Duke in the face with a frying pan a couple dozen times, how is that not funny?

It is funny. And also terrifying.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Yeah I was at the panel (wooo) and they didn't announce a date for the next Tales episode. Scooter is in it though! And at the later Borderlands panel they teased that the series might reveal some backstory about Zer0 eventually.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Episode 2 coming the week of the 17th :woop:

oh that's next week :woop: :woop: :woop:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

They finally posted the trailer for Episode 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2GbQbUeLc

:dance:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

God drat Ep 2 is just as good as Ep 1. Handsome Jack is brilliant, and actually likeable! But I still didn't trust him for the final choice. Hell no.

Please don't make me wait another 3.5 months telltaaaaleeee

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

Pretty sure in the narration sections Rhys has different cybernetics. The arm at least looks different.

Yeah I'm pretty sure his arm is silver instead of the old Hyperion yellow, and both him and Fiona have fancier outfits.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

So I'm pretty sure Athena getting rocketed is what directly leads to her being captured and interrogated by Lilith during the Pre-Sequel. So now at least we know when this takes place.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Wanderer posted:

When did Athena hook up with Janey? I thought it was after the Pre-Sequel.

I assume during the time that Borderlands 2 happened. The part where Athena got captured and is interrogated by Lilith happens after BL2, the pre-sequel stuff is just her telling the story of what happened before BL2.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ep 4 this month! :woop:

https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/628614330066403328

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Fuuuuuuuuuuck. God drat. I never asked for this

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

man i really hope butt stallion is okay :ohdear:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ymgve posted:

Everyone, please intentionally fail the first QTE after the title credits.

Also, Can you go through the whole episode without the others finding out Jack is in your head? I saw there was an alternative to not telling them, but wonder how long that would last.

Yeah, I managed to go through without telling anyone about Jack.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I was mostly against Jack in the first two episodes but in the last two I switched up and went completely on his side. Now I'm the president of Hyperion and everything is great and there's no way this will end badly! :buddy:

Also damnnnn this Jack doesn't know that Angel is dead. That's gonna be a rough revelation.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

CuwiKhons posted:

I don't have the slightest clue who the mysterious masked kidnapper guy is but I know who I want it to be - Timothy Lawrence, aka the only Vault Hunter still MIA as of the end of the Pre-Sequel, and a man with every reason to disguise his face and voice on Pandora. It'd even explain where he got the Conference Call, as Jack would have given him one to better look the part.

Assuming you're talking about Jack's body double, he's definitely dead. You kill him in Opportunity in BL2 to get the bio-signature watch thingy.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

THEY PUT KRIEG IN AT THE END BUT I DONT HAVE ENOUGHH MONEY TO BUY HIM HOW MUCH loving MONEY DO I NEED AM I GOING TO HAVE TO PLAY THIS WHOLE loving THING OVER AGAIN GOD loving DAMNIT

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Doodles posted:

IT'S NOT KREIG, IT'S CLAPTRAP. RUN FAR AWAY, FAST!

IS THIS ACTUALLY TRUE BECAUSE IF IT IS THEN I WON'T HAVE TO REPLAY THE WHOLE GAME AGAIN AND IT WOULD SAVE ME QUITE A BIT OF TIME

BUT I WOULD STILL BE REALLY REALLY DISAPPOINTED

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Alright I only replayed through episode 1 as a result of the Krieg tease and it was actually a pretty good idea since there's dialogue callbacks to it at the very very end. Everything about the final boss fight was amazing. I really want to see each team member's special moves (on youtube).

This is easily one of the best games in a long time, definitely GOTY material.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

CharlesM posted:

What happened to Butt Stallion?

Vargs posted:

Why was krieg not in it

Asking the important questions

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Paladin posted:

Also I think a big reason people like Krieg so much is that using him in BL2 forces you to play counter to how shooters have "trained" you. Depending on your build, you actively WANT to take damage, soak up bullets, get lit on fire, go into near-death so you can blow yourself up... similarly with Gaige, you're purposely not bothering to aim and trying not to keep your gun topped off. It may seem like a small thing, but it's nice to have something take you out of the normal routine of a shooter and that sticks with a lot of people.

This. I usually hate playing FPS's cause I'm bad at aiming, but Krieg's gameplay is so crazy and rewarding that it is the most fun I've ever had in an FPS. Plus he's got the best backstory. He's my favorite character. Ever.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Wait I don't remember Vaughn betraying me, I only remember him being my best bro forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

Guys OP is going to close this thread if we continue talking about AB getting cucked. As funny as it is (very) I enjoy talking about the actual TftB series so we should stop talking about AB getting cucked.

I found August to be kind of a lame character. It seems like he kind of just exists to push the plot forward, but has no real mind of his own. He pretty much does whatever the player or his boss wants him to do. He's like a human gun.

I rather liked August towards the end. He begrudgingly helps out despite all the poo poo we put him through. His skill set is just labeled "brawler", which doesn't sound impressive but his moves in the final fight were pretty badass. Gortys cracking her robot knuckles as he took over was great.

• Locked thread