Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Great episode. This series is so good. I hope it gets Telltale to further expand past all the neverending parade of grimdark stuff they do. Hopefully this can stick the landing on this one. Walking Dead S2 and Wolf Among Us had pretty weak finales IMO. Having a strong ending was one of the biggest strengths of Walking Dead S1 and a big reason why everyone remembers it so fondly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Does Telltales ever release sales numbers? I'd be curious to see how this game does versus the other titles, especially the wolf among us. Obviously, the walking dead and game of thrones have really huge built in audiences, I'd be curious how much of a difference that makes.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Episode was good as always. If the last two episodes keep up the quality, I would put this series even ahead of Waking Dead S1 for Tales series.

The action scenes was definitely jankey at some points, god does the Tales engine need an upgrade. I can't tell if it was supposed to be a meta joke to have one character mock another for trying to roll out of the way of a bullet, and then have another character literally roll away from bullets.

The break between the episodes have been long at about 4 months, so I wouldn't get your hopes up for episode 4 before October or so.

Anyone have suspicions on who the masked guy is, assuming he is a known character? His personality doesn't seem to match with anyone like Felix for example.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Great episode as always. The fake gunfight was absolutely hilarious.

Looks like the final episode has to tie up Hyperion's plot including Yvette and Jack; the Vallory plot; the vault and Gortys; and the present situation with masked man. A lot to cover.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

AirRaid posted:

Can you elaborate (spoilered obviously) what happens if you go that way? I took the other option, and interesting things occured!

It starts bleeding implying that it was a real creature and not a statute (you shoot it with your gun). What happened the other option?

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Just finished this. This was an amazing final episode in so many ways. I'll post more detailed thoughts once other people have played it, but I really think this was Telltales best work. This series was just a delight to play through and only Walking Dead Season 1 can even compare to how much I enjoyed this series and I think I enjoyed this series more on an episode by episode basis. I hope the team behind this continue to make more projects (be it a borderlands season 2 or some other IP) and they don't get split up and dispersed into the myriad of grimdark projects Telltale produces.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
I think people really overreact about how much they can't stand "shipping" and romantic subplots. It's well accepted that people like having romantic sub-plots in adventure-type stories. Its just a fun little thing that the majority of audiences like to have and think is cute. Its hard for me to understand why some people think they are so intolerable when they are done in an understated way, like in this series for example.

Now love triangles on the other hand can gently caress off and need to get out of every story and piece of media.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
I've never played Borderlands but I actually watched the scene where Athena got captured, which is not the same thing as getting killed at all, and thus was not surprised that she was in fact not dead. It's not like you need some external cannon knowledge to understand Athena isn't dead because the game literally never showed her dying. Arguably, they could give an explanation of why she is no longer captured, but obviously it is because she escaped or was let go or whatever. I never felt like the plot needed to address it or anything in the same way the game never explained why those two guys wanted to capture Athena to begin with (in this game, if that is explained in the other games IDK, but it never mattered to me to explain stuff like that).

e: The real missed opportunity was to not have Shade as an option in the final battle.

So It Goes fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
For anyone interested, the developers are doing an AMA right now: https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/101120/we-are-the-tales-from-the-borderlands-dev-team-ama/p1

• Locked thread