Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
I'm assuming the "chose Vaughn" choice referred to selling him out to Vasquez? Also noticed some people aren't using spoiler tags - they're being used in the other Telltale game threads, so idk why not this one. Eh, decided to use them anyway.

Just finished my first playthrough. Playing Rhys as the harmless, sarcastic guy seemed like the right choice - his lines are more entertaining for me that way, mostly cos they feel like things I myself would say. My Fiona was all nice, unbloodied, and innocent the entire episode up until Felix backstabbed the girls and ran out with the cash. I chose the "But we're family" option and everything, but then when he decided to be all "Oh Fiona, maybe someday you'll understand", I figured it was cool to let him go adios. I might try to keep her violence-free unless obv someone's trying to kill her.

Also, I'm pretty sure I caught a glimpse of a stuffed animal toy in that "Next up on..." trailer, which immediately makes me think Tiny Tina. Good lord pls be a Tiny Tina reference, she ma homegurl :3:

InequalityGodzilla posted:

No, no, not really. They're just very, very fresh. Shade's crazier than we thought.
But we killed Bewm and his bro around the beginning of BL2, which I'm thinking is a good few months - if not years - before this game. Besides, being able to preserve bodies like that is waaaaaay creepier than being a plain old mass murderer. This is Pandora after all.

bubblelubble fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Dec 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
My hopes were already up. SHAME ON YOU. :colbert:

No but rly it's okay I just want the Tales now too, this wait is killing me

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
It's been two months, and still no word on the Episode 2 release date UUGGGGHHHHH. Why can't they alternate releasing an episode from GOT and this every month, like they did for Wolf and Walking Dead?

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

Mokinokaro posted:

If they keep the quality up better I don't mind more of a delay.

The delay might be due to the fact they need to pass things through Gearbox too.

Yeah I wouldn't mind that either - I just thought they'd have them somewhat ready a few weeks/days before release though..? But then I have no clue how these things work anyway

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Excellent. So, so excellent. Slightly weirded out that I'm enjoying having Handsome Jack around for yet another BL instalment, but that scene in the desert where (if you decide to tell him about Jack) Vaughn goes on and on about how much Rhys is obsessed with Jack absolutely killed me. Bloody hell.

And Loader Bot. Oh Loader Bot. :v: I rly hope this isn't the last we see of him/it. Although, is that the same Loader Bot from ep 1 if you don't destroy it, or did Yvette just send another with the same memory/personality?

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Janey showed up in my play through. I had Rhys go to old haven and I think that's why.

Also, regarding Athena, did anyone else manage to steal her shield?
I have to second that "Huh? How???" to both things.

bubblelubble fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Mar 20, 2015

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I guess I'll summarize it in more detail in the spoiler block here. I had Rhys and Vaughn go to Old Haven and not stop at Hollow Point, they did their thing and made a building pop out of the ground. Then when I was playing as Fiona again we were in Hollow Point, I got the caravan fixed up by Scooter, and we went to Felix's old cabin and found some neat things and hand grenades. Fiona and Sasha got jumped by some chumps, then Athena started chasing them. When they managed to run away to Scooter's garage, Athena threw her shield at them and it got lodged in a wall. Fiona and Sasha then got into the garage and Janey was already talking to scooter. It turns out Athena and Janey are a couple, which Scooter things is REALLY COOL, and Janey thinks Athena's bounty hunting days are over. On the way out in the caravan, Fiona notices that Athena left her shield outside, and you get the option to take it. Athena can't say anything since it would reveal she's still hunting bounties to Janey, but if you take it it gives you a pop up that says "Athena will REALLY remember that". So now Fiona has Athena's shield in my game.
OH MY GODDDDDD I WANT TO REPLAY BUT I'M TOO MUCH OF A FIRST-PLAYTHROUGH LOYALIST OR WHATEVER

BUT JANEY AND ATHENA OMG

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

SoggyGravy posted:

Also did anyone notice that Rhys' eye colors are different in the flashbacks, he loses the blue-echo eye shine thing I'm thinking it has to do with Handsome Jack getting out etc... anyone have any definitive thoughts here?

I think it might even just be deactivated/broken. I mean we saw he can hack into some guns (probably just Hyperion ones) - I feel like he would've used it to his advantage by now if it was still working. Why would he stay a hostage?

bubblelubble fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 21, 2015

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
So I'm assuming Vazquez dies no matter who you blame? That's totally okay with me, but interesting to know my choice would've had no effect.

I love Gortys's optimism and childlike wonder - I honestly felt bad for her about that confrontation with Dr. Cassius, who I ended up killing. Although that was moreso the result of eeny-meeny-miney-mo, cos I had no idea what to do.

Also DAAAAMN THAT CHANGE STATION WORKED? I tried finding a cursor spot to click but found nothing! I might play the episode again if I can be bothered - the possibility of playing dress-ups is too good to pass up.

Curious: for those who picked up Athena's shield in Episode 2, how did she pop back into the story for your runthrough?

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
^^^ So rly it goes...

Borderlands > flashback/actual story of Pre-Sequel > Borderlands 2 > Tales from the Borderlands > framing/prologue/whatever of Pre-Sequel

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Best bits: Space-ship walk and Fiona's face :lol:, bleeding Butt Stallion, Scooter's death (rest in peace, you creepy yet genuinely sweet guy - I legitimately cried when I got he and Fi to swap hats, goddamn it), Gortys's general adorable everything, that loving fingergunnery WTF. Aaaaargh so good all of it ALL OF IT.

One thing's been making me dread the final episode though: Fiona specifically said that Scooter's death was the first of the mission. So who else will it be? :(

Also, I don't rly want it to happen but it'd be kinda cool to see Fiona turn full Vault Hunter, but that would only kinda happen if some tragedy occurred in her life (seems to be a common trait in each of the existing Hunters), so maybe she's spurred on by Sasha's possible/eventual death iunno? Considering all the "Vault Hunter training" she's been getting, she seems a good shot to be in BL3.

Really Pants posted:

Holy poo poo, Troy Baker's Patrick Warburton impression :allears:
I thought they just had Patrick do the voicework there cos that was just too good to be an impression whoa.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
Sasha doesn't seem that innocent/young to me. Her maturity looks about 22-24 imo, so her and Rhys isn't so bad. I reason her "earnestness" and innocence or whatever to her having not had a proper childhood, so her sense of awe and bewilderment shows through every now and then.

Rhys and Fiona are best as more partners in crime, a la Leslie Knope and Ron Swanson.

bubblelubble fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Aug 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

BillmasterCozb posted:

Maybe by check up on her, he meant visiting her burial grounds? It'd be weird if Nakayama didn't program him to be aware of his daughter's death.

Yeah, those lines were delivered kinda sadly. Weird choice of words, though, if that's the case.

• Locked thread