Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I just gott around to playing this and it is pretty awesome! It's the first Telltale (adventure) game ive really played, but I am a legendary BL fan so I was always going to play it.

Question I have is about playing through multiple times... if I wanted to go through again and explore some different options, what will it remember for my episode 2 play when it arrives? Will it store the last choices I made? or the first? I kind of want my first gut choices to stick, and have any subsequent plays be discounted, but im not sure if thats possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Well, I enjoyed that episode. Good few callbacks to Borderlands 1/2 stuff in there if you could recognise them, good stuff.

Scooter and Jack's dialogue was top notch.

"Ignore the sub-clauses about uh, explosions and stuff... I might've borrowed it from Torgue..."

Anyone else have the dough to buy the Scooter special van? It said me and 2.6% of players did it. $1550 well spent. :c00lbert:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Dolash posted:

I'm also curious about the mystery surrounding Felix. It's starting to look like he didn't just steal the money out of greed, there might have been some kind of unfinished business he had to take care of. Glad I didn't kill him now so I can find out the full story. I bet the woman in that picture with Felix is the one who tore the picture at the end of the episode, and I wouldn't be surprised if she's August's boss too.

Wouldn't be surprised? August flat out says her name (Vallory) in one of his conversations with Fiona.

Elucidarius posted:

I wasn't paying attention and missed the prompt here and he got really sad.

Exact same thing happened to me :( I wanted to tell him he was awesome cos he totally Stuck up for me while getting the crap kicked out of him

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

I brought this today on a whim despite not having any particular love for the Borderlands universe. This game is far better than it has any right to be. It's just more charming than any Telltale game in a long time, and I don't feel like I'm missing anything having not finished either of the two previous games.

You are missing many very small things from not having played/finished the two (three) previous games, but if you have "no love" for the universe then you're noot missing anything of value to yourself.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I afforded the top car option with a hundred or so to spare. There's cash lying about in various places, like behind posters on walls (:confused:), just gotta scour every inch of the landscape to find it. In true Borderlands style.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

It's almost convincing me to go back and have another try. Maybe I just wasn't in the right frame of mind when I started the first one or something. I didn't get very far, I just gave up. Which would you advise would be the best one to play?

BL2 probably. BL1 shows it's age a bit, and TPS was a tiny step down in a lot of ways. Bear in mind they are nothing like this in gameplay terms. If you want to see more of the world and the tone of the humour suits you then you might enjoy yourself tthough.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Yeah definitely play with a friend if possible. If not in the same room then make sure you have voice chat.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Which fits perfectly with what he's saying since the Pre-sequel cutscenes with Athena take place on flying Sanctuary after BL2.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Why would you want to skip the dialogue? If you're wanting to skip disalogue you should maybe find a different game.. there's really not much else.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

:getin:

Nice short gap between 3 and 4!

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

mycot posted:

Ever since 2 introduced Helios I've had this image in my mind of jumping out of the exploding space station straight back to Pandora. Granted the effect will be less because it's not in first-person POV any more but I can still hope.

Uh, did you see the effect re-entry had on a container just hitting the moon? Now imagine that, with no container protecting you, with an actual atmosphere. I don't think there's a turtle shield big enough.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Well holy crap poo poo went down this episode.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

OK Random theory time, barely even related to this storyline, but heregoes anyway.

What if, the huge vault map the key shows at the end of BL2 doesn't show multiple seperate vaults but maps all known locations where the Vault of the Traveller has been, or will be.

Just an idea.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Kerrrrrrr posted:

man i really hope butt stallion is okay :ohdear:

Can you elaborate (spoilered obviously) what happens if you go that way? I took the other option, and interesting things occured!

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

So It Goes posted:

It starts bleeding implying that it was a real creature and not a statute (you shoot it with your gun). What happened the other option?

same deal, but she goes right and jumps and grabs the top of the middle "jack posing with gun" poster, tearing a huge vertical strip off the middle. Behind the poster on the wall is a crudely drawn treasure map, still mostly obscured by the parts of the painting not torn down. Guard drags Fiona away while she screams for him to let her look at it for just a minute. I wanna go back and try to screenshot the map for analysis, but someone will undoubtedly do that for me

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Coolguye posted:

There really aren't spoilers for pre sequel at all, and the only character to even show up that is otherwise exclusive to TPS is Athena. If you got done with the first boss while playing as her you really won't get anything else from further play, Athena as a character is super boring prior to her appearance in Tales.

Janey has a couple of parts depending on what paths you take.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

You guys remember that Handsome Jack's doppelganger is killed in BL2 right? To get the voice chip thing? I guess he probably had more than one, but I would hedge my bets that if pushed, Gearbox would say that was the same one from TPS. Bear in mind that every other Vault Hunter in TPS is a callback from BL2 except Aurelia.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Just finished it, fantastic finale. Full of good humour and a cool boss fight.

I'd be interested to hear everyone's Vault team selection. Who was the mystery vault hunter? I didn't have enough money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

TheMopeSquad posted:

The vaults don't actually (always) hold treasure though the one in BL1 was just a prison, and the one in BL2 was where the Eridians kept their super weapon. The loot comes off the bosses, it has nothing to do with the vault. Vaults are just completely alien and can hold anything and no one even knows what purpose they have or why they exist.

The vault in the Badass Crater of Badassitude was purely a loot vault. Opened by spilling the blood of the ultimate coward.

• Locked thread