Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Man I was really trying to save money, and I knew I was in trouble when I was downloaded the demo...

But I fell straight in love when that prologue finished and that intro set to "Busy Earnin'" kicked up.

I think I'm playing this again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
poo poo, assuming this snowstorm doesn't knock out my Internet, being snowed in is starting to sound a little less bad.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Dolash posted:

Today's the day, time for another rousing rendition of "Argh, just put the new episode up for download already!"

Edit Edit Edit - Theeeeere we go!

I'm glad it went up for you because my PS4 still says it's "coming soon." TELLTALE :argh:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

VoLaTiLe posted:

...and I was surprised they found another kickass song for this episode.

My jaw dropped as soon as I heard "Kiss the Sky" spin up. I remember that song from years ago when they used it to close out the first season of Eastbound and Down, and it was just perfect for this.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
The "SASHA! NOOOOOOOOOOOh." fakeout was outstanding. More thoughts later.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Roman Reigns posted:

Have to say I'm disappointed with the way Vasquez went. It kind of felt like his comeuppance should have come from Rhys. Maybe they couldn't afford to keep Patrick Warburton.

I was fine with it because his death, her involvement in Athena's capture, and Vaughn's possible death (he's not dead but still) sets Vallory up as a great, worthy villain. I can't wait to put her down.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I thought "To the Top" was just a funny pick for the Right Stuff sequence, turns out it was actually kind of a brilliant selection.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Welp. Minecraft: Story Mode stars Patton Oswalt, so consider my interest piqued.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I think I liked it a little more. The voice acting is a bit flat but I can't help but feel like that's deliberate; it gave me a quasi-Fantastic Mr. Fox vibe.

That said, in terms of bombast and emotional connection, Minecraft's start doesn't have poo poo on how Tales or The Wolf Among Us started. Some of its set pieces are fantastic, I like the use of Minecraft music, and the story it's setting up is intriguing, but it all connects with a tap on the shoulder as opposed to a punch in the face. It's "good enough," it could be "great" in time, but right now it just is.

Yeah, definitely wait for a sale.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I appreciate what Life is Strange was doing more because I'm a depressing hipster douche BUT I LOVED THE poo poo OUT OF THIS.

EDIT: My squad was your standard August/Athena/Janey rollout and I'm glad I went with it. And as overdone as the death fakeout was, the execution was just *mwah* perfecto.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 21, 2015

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
^^^As soon as I realized the fall of Hyperion would be set to "Retrograde": :vince:

What's funny is that you'd think considering how often anything not The Walking Dead gets a sequel season, I'd feel blueballed by the ending being "And then they vanished into thin air. The end!" I do, but I can't even work up that much frothy rage over it, it just works somehow.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

PantsBandit posted:

So here's a question: which episode had the best intro? I'm split between the final ep and episode 2. I think I'd give a smallll edge to episode 2 and the completely amazing slow-mo sequence but goddamn this series had some loving great intro sequences.

I'm split between 1 and 4, with 3 and 5 battling it out for the next slot. 2 is actually my least favorite, but that's like saying chocolate is my least favorite cupcake.

Gun to my head, I'd probably pick 1 as my favorite. "Busy Earnin'" is the only song that fits so perfectly it might as well have been written for this game.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Zeron posted:

I actually did save Yvette, the way I figured it is that while she may have betrayed me she did give me Loader Bot. Also whatever, betrayal happens everywhere and I got my revenge by going full blown Vasquez and threatening the poo poo out of her when in disguise

drat right betrayal happens everywhere. If loving Vaughn can get away with selling me out, so can Yvette. On Helios you breathe the air in with the distrust.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

mycot posted:

Edit: if people didn't skim that AMA then I like how Telltale admits the achievement names don't actually mean anything. Clever.

Yeah, but getting an achievement titled "What's it Worth?" just when Sasha was in the middle of biting it made that scene way more effective than it should've been considering it was another fakeout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Little Bitch Man posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy is gonna be dope if it's by the same guys who made this game.

I was just telling my friends, if Pierre Shorette and Adam Hines aren't heading up Tales Season 2, it better be because they're hard at work on this, because that'd be a spectacular match of writers and material.

• Locked thread