Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I hear they take pretty long vacations in europe and do not do the weird thing we do in the US where you act all proud you are putting in more hours for less money and getting owned by your employer

WORKIN AND PROUD

at least I don't live in Japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I'm working all week (minus Thursday ofc), but also have inlaws staying with us for the duration, so there's nowhere I'd rather be

thanks work

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
Define actually working.

I'm here. At work. Getting paid to type this. I do actually have to work half the time though which sucks

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

then i guess we are having a shared experience here

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I was "working" (looking at Internet and searching for higher paying job while in my office), earlier, got dismissed early and for rest of week with paid admin leave, so am now doing the same thing as earlier but am not in the actual office now.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I went to work today but didn't really do anything. Does that count?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like work :(

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kuato posted:

I was "working" (looking at Internet and searching for higher paying job while in my office), earlier, got dismissed early and for rest of week with paid admin leave, so am now doing the same thing as earlier but am not in the actual office now.

My job is retarded and will be extremely intense for a period of time and am I'm running around and screaming my head off and then when that episode is over it's dead and I have nothing to do until the next one

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
im off work and the OP is about to get it

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

mookface posted:

My job is retarded and will be extremely intense for a period of time and am I'm running around and screaming my head off and then when that episode is over it's dead and I have nothing to do until the next one

do you work in a newsroom i knew a girl who worked in a news room and her job was basically this

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

four minutes left. four minutes left!!!

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
I am at work(I have to work Friday too) but I'm posting on this forum and I am pretty well compensated and plus my family is like 2k miles away so it's all good. I'll buy myself some nice booze on Thanksgiving and watch football. And also tonight(without the football).

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

yeah OP, sure does suck getting paid to do exactly what you are doing for no money at all in your free time. Seems like the loser here is you op

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

do you work in a newsroom i knew a girl who worked in a news room and her job was basically this

No I'm a supervisor at an industrial construction site. Some days are insane and I don't stop moving or even have time to eat anything. Others are absolutely dead but most are an in-between

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

mookface posted:

So that's who moves all those blue light specials around.

• Locked thread