Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Marina

It hurts. Oh not the push itself. Even in his anger he was surprisingly gentle with her. But the accusation. Here she was trying to help him, and making a sacrifice to do so and he just threw it back in her face, Then he's almost on her. So close she can feel the warmth of his breath upon her face.So close she can see his claws

Still she'll give it one more try. She owes it to herself. And well she'd never forgive herself if he went and hurt someone else.

"I don't want to hurt you, I certainly don't want to control you. All I want is to help you." Marina pleads. and well she's screwed whatever happens so she might as well be honest. and goes on "and to make sure you don't hurt anyone else." she acknowledges. "I know what it's like to be controlled by something else to have to fight the wolf within. I was lucky I managed to suppress mine." "Hell you want to get even with Ricard I'll help in any way I can. I know what a controlling bastard he is. How he ruins the lives of those around him and how he only cares about himself." she's surprised by the amount of venom in her voice as she discusses it. But it's definitely true.

Manipulating Cedric: 2d6 7
What do I have to do to persuade him I'm on his side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Cassie, Liz works you fast, like she's thought this through. Right before you finish she claws a crisscross pattern on your back, and the song echoing through the pipes abruptly ends. That'll leave a mark. She shrinks back to normal, still grinning at you smugly with sharp white teeth, "There, now we match. After the game, you can have your turn." Have fun concentrating in Math.

Spirit link breaks and reforms with Liz. Liz gets "1 of them." Liz spends a string to give you "Scored" and another to offer you XP to hook up later too.

After school is the big game with the all-girl's parochial school Xavier, SPA's girl's lacrosse team's biggest rival. In the locker room changing before the game, you're sneaked up on by Tessa, about to gather everyone around to get hyped up. She starts to say, "Cassie it's time to--" then notices your marks. She snorts and mutters, "Whatever," then starts the cliche captain big game speech without you.

At the game, Liz is cheering for you extra hard, but John is nowhere to be found. Tessa mentions to no one in particular, but loud enough for you to hear, "I talked my way out of detention... whatever, he'll be fine." She concentrates on the game to the exclusion of everything else. What do you do?

Ricard, Alex jokes, "Nah, I have a headache now, and I had a long, hard day..." while helping you undress. He jumps on the bed and puts on some music too, but not too loud, in case someone comes home. Sure enough, by the time Alex is teasing you about how the list randomed to something your parents might have listened to, you hear the slam of a car door.

While you two hastily get dressed and stuff the next sound surprises you, it's a car peeling out. The unbidden memory of your date with Marina comes to mind, and when you rush to the window you see the car is leaving, not barreling for you. You recognize it as the Lucases' SUV. Your parents aren't home. Your bedroom door's open a crack. The pelt is gone from the corner. The bathroom window is open and the screen's been removed. Alex looks completely spooked, and stammers that at least you were going to give that thing back to Marina anyway, right? What do you do?

Marina, your phone goes off, and Cedric fetches you it from elsewhere in the tunnel. It's from Sylvia, she has your pelt. When you close out of it back to your other notifications, you notice that the last message from Cassie, that you never checked, titled selfie, has been opened. As had the collection of the blackmail photos Chris took of you that Lola forwarded.

"You just hate him because he's keeping you from Cassie, who's even worse. Help me with her and her pack and I'll protect you from all the wolves. I could use your help luring one of them out..." He tells you of his plan to isolate and take one of them out at the lacrosse game. He thinks John would be the easiest target. You can be as involved as you want: lure, beat him down with a sock full of silver coins-- the only thing Cedric can wield both as and against his own kind. Or you can just leave.

Either way he carries you back to school for the lacrosse game, blindfolding you on the way to hide the way to his hideout. John's not in the stands, and it doesn't take long to find out he's in detention for getting caught in the same bathroom as Tessa, who probably talked her way out of it as athletes can. It's just him and Mr. Edwinson in a room. What do you do?

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Ricard

Ricard's expression matches Alex's. How'd they get in? How did none of the security catch them? How did they not notice them? Both of them notice the pelt missing. Ricard, trying to keep his cool, says, "We should probably call the police. The security system should have called them but you know."
Alex rapidly nods and stammers, "A-at least you were going to give that thing back, right?" He tries to laugh but it just shows how scared he is. Ricard pulls him closer.
Alex asks, "D-did you see anything?"
"Yeah, I saw Stevie Lucas' car. How the hell did he get in?"
"Why would he even want that thing?"
Ricard thinks for a moment. He probably doesn't want it but his sister and Marina are pretty close. "Dunno, maybe it was his sister? I don't know. I'll call the cops. You check if anything else is missing."
Alex nods and starts checking over the room.

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 19, 2015

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie

The rest of the day flew by in a dreamy haze. She hadn't expected Liz to be so into it as well. In fact, Cassie was starting to think that the day was looking up. They'd win the game, get some celebratory ice cream, and then hole up at someone's house for the night. Cheered, Cassie hands Liz the bottle with Tony in it for safekeeping before heading into the locker room, looking forward to the rest of the day.

So, of course Tessa noticed the marks on Cassie's back while she was changing. AND Tessa left John behind. Yeah, it's not like Tessa could miss the game or anything, but still. She seemed glad to be rid of him. Maybe she didn't tell everything that had happened when they'd been split up from Cassie and Liz.

Still, between Tessa and Cassie's super strength and the brutal practices Tessa had put the whole team through in preparation for this game, Cassie didn't have any question that they were going to crush Xavier. So, she decided to quit worrying about it and just play the game. Not like anything could happen to him in detention.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Marina

poo poo.. Sylvia has her pelt. But right now she has a bigger fish to fry. After walking for what seems like forever Cedric. whispers in her ear. "I'll be waiting." By the time she's removed the blindfold and adjusted to the light of the sun Cedric is long gone. She ponders what she wants to do. I mean yeah John was kind of interested in Cassie at one point but Marina's totally over her now isn't she? Anyway confusing and lingering feelings aside it wouldn't be right of her to throw John to the wolves or the wolf or whatever. I mean it's not as if she owes Cedric anything is it she rationalises. And well John doesn't deserve to be clubbed to death by a mad werewolf.

Still should she warn him? I mean John's a big guy he looks like he could handle himself in a fight and he had the wolf on his side. He should be able to make mincemeat out of Cedric. If he knew he was going to be attacked the treacherous little voice of her conscience added. She was going to have to warn him or it would be on her conscience if something happened to him. But where was he. She'd expected him to be around the big game but he was nowhere to be seen. A quick grilling of Sanjay leads he to find out he's been put in detention for being caught making out with Tessa in the girls bathoom. Really Tessa and John? well that was...good she supposed. Focus Marina.

She quickly detached herself from Sanjay who seemed twice as eager as usual to share the latest gossip with someone who hadn't hear it yet, and set off in search of detention. She eventually finds it and of course it's under the supervision of Mr Edwinson, joy. He's one of the last people she wants to see right now. Now all she needs to do is talk to John but how. She doesn't have time to stand around dithering when Cedric could be lurking in ambush this very second. The direct approach would have to do. She knocked on the classroom door and when Mr Edwinson opened it..

manipulating Mr Edwinson: 2d6 4

she stammered out nervously. "Mr Glass sent me with a message for you sir. Said it was urgent and he needed to see you straight away." She tails off as she see's he's really not buying it....

• Locked thread