Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Christophe, John smiles, holds up his hands and disengages from you, saying, "Whoa!" and leaves the locker room. Caleb takes off around a corner too and you hear his exclamation. What do you do?

He leaves the scene and gives you the condition, "temperamental."

Marina, Elizabeth stops her approach to continue standing over Cassie and instead motions for you to come over with your bag. "You're friends, right? I want me clothes back, you probably don't want her to lose some of those luscious locks... Let's make a deal." What do you do?
pre:
Cafeteria
Outdoors
Small circular tables for four: some seniors, 
Seniors' hippie dippie backrub circle: other seniors, 

Indoors
Teachers' table: Dr. Coon, Jennifer, sophomores
Long student's table 1: freshmen, 
Long student's table 2: juniors and sophomores, 
Long student's table 3: juniors, seniors, and teachers, 
pre:
Name	Harm	HLts	Strings: PC|NPC						Conditions		XP
CAL	0/4	HC	cass, cris3,						twerp			1
CASS	0/4	HxDx	mari, | john2, chet,					pissy, picky		2
CRIS	0/4	HC	cass, cal4, mari, ric,					dead meat, temper	4
LI	0/4	HxC	cal2, cass2, cris2, mari, ric, 				drained			2
MARI	1/4	HxD	cass, cris, li2, | eliz, john,				OOD, going down, 	2
RIC	0/4	CV	cal, cass, cris3, | ced, alex, bran, coon,		drained			4
pre:
Name	Harm	Strings								Conditions
Conn	0/?	cris3,								
Eliz	0/4	cass,								snob, tightwad, narcissist
Chet	1/4	none,								dick
Jenn	0/4	none,								judgmental
Sylv	0/4	li2,								
John	0/4	cris,								outclassed, nosy
Alex	1/4	cris,								intimidated
Chef	0/4									proud

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

"Most of the blood's mine; I cracked my nose when he fell over." The bare-chested Lì wiped under his nose, but just smeared a little bit of blood on his arm. "I think he's diabetic, maybe we should give him the candy bar?"

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Christophe

John heads for the showers. Chris realizes that Caleb has slipped away and decides to go find him, "Caleb! Buddy! Where'd you go?" and instead comes upon Li, Ric, and Caleb huddled around Mike's pale body. There is blood and nobody seems to know what to do...but Chris might just know someTHING that will. His pupils dilate hugely, almost fully blotting out his eyes, and he makes a call to his Patron.

"Show me," he mumbles quietly to The Connoisseur.

Gaze Into the Abyss: 2d6+2 12. I'll take the vision shows me what to do and I carry 1 forward and the vision cures me of Dead Meat.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Chet arrives on the scene to save his first life but Ricard, you beat him to it. You open up Mike's meticulously kept guidebook to the right page, pull the right amount of stuff into the thing, swab him, inject, put the gauze in the place and seconds later he's back. "What happened? Ughhh, I should go to the nurse."

You remove the "headshot by nerdling" condition that Caleb gave you earlier. Clearly nerds got nothing on you.

Christophe, the Connoisseur shows you that you don't need to do anything to save Mike at the moment, but you do need to remind him to update his little insulin journal thingy with what Ricard injected, or he'll be hosed later. That's something they don't show on TV, and something your rival might not know about. Not only that, it'd be really lovely form for the King's Court to gently caress with you after you save their boss from loving someone up trying to play hero. What do you do?

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Christophe

He is shaken out of his vision when Mike suddenly stirs back to life. "Ughhh, I should go to the nurse."

He steps in, moving other bodies aside, and grabs Mike around the forearm to help him up to his feet. "Come on, man. I'll take you to the nurse. You should relax and probably go home. Don't forget to write down how much insulin you just got, though, or you'll gently caress yourself up later. You don't want to be in a coma twice today."

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Christophe on the way out the locker room door Mike replies, "Right..." then blinks rapidly and sputters, "--Wait, did you administer the injection while I was out? That's not..." he let's go of you reflexively and stumbles. He's confused, and the thought untrained peers he barely knows doing doctor stuff on him while he's unconscious clearly doesn't sit right with him. What do you do?

Everyone else in the locker room sees the stumble but can't make out what Mike says. That's Chet, Ricard, , and Caleb. What do you do?

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Ricard

Leaving a semiconscious guy with Chris does not sit well with him.

"I'll go with you guys. I think Mike needs another shoulder to lean on. Can one you guys tell Coach?" Ricard grabs Mike's bag.

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 2, 2014

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Christophe

"Wait, did you administer the injection while I was out?" sputters Mike. Chris considers his options. He could lie and say that is was him, but there were four other witnesses there who could vouch for Ricard instead. No, that was no good. He didn't want to give any fame to his rival either though, so he couldn't admit that Ric had given him the shot. Instead he decided to just play dumb.

"No man, it wasn't me. I'm not sure who did it. Everything went kind fast. Don't worry about it. Let's just get you to Nurse Wells."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Marina

Taking a selkie advance "Body of Water." As my advance Also Li should have to deal with some insults for all the stuff he's pulling so Cold

"What is with you?" Marina practically screams . "I've done nothing to you, and I certainly don't want to be you. You're nothing but a stuck up rich girl more worried about her bank balance than anyone else. I never touched your clothes. I never even looked at your clothes. You're the last person I'd ever want to be." She reaches into Cassies bag and grabs the clothes and throws them in a lump at Liz's feet "you want them so much there's your precious clothes I hope they're worth the world knowing you're nothing but a self obsessed rear end in a top hat." She reaches down to help pick Cassie up off the floor "Come on Cass you don't even want to wear clothes from someone who stinks like that."

Arguing with Liz (shutdown): 2d6+3 8 you each give a Condition
to one another

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 2, 2014

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Christophe and Ricard, you both get Mike to Nurse Wells', and he takes your advice to go home early, though he looks disappointed for some reason. What a nerd, why would he not want to miss some school? Nurse Wells thanks you for your help and sends you off to lunch, just as the bell rings for it. What do you do?

Marina, Elizabeth looks surprised that Cassie's bag is the one with her clothes in it, "Hah! Guess I was partly wrong about you, but not about your taste. Prefer her piss-stink to my Hermès? Allow me to rub your nose in it, bitch." She shoves you onto Cassie from behind while you're helping her up. You both fall back down, and end up with your head in her lap. What do you do? Chet, for one, shouts "GAY!" from the entrance to the boys locker room.

Elizabeth gives you the condition GAY!

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 2, 2014

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Christophe

Lunch time! What a day. Well, time to go pick up trash with Alex. He'll have some alone time now though, and be away from prying ears. Maybe he can turn things around from this morning.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Ricard

He tells the nurse to send a janitor to the Gym. He heads back to the gym so he can wash off. Can't show up to the cafeteria covered in blood.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì breathed out a sigh of relief as Chris and Ricard took off with Mike in tow. "Wow, thank god you guys were here. I don't know what I'd have done." As the stress faded, Lì realized his shirtlessness, and the fact that there was a great deal of blood on him.

"poo poo, I really gotta get cleaned off. Thanks for the help." Caleb was the only person left with him at this point, and Lì wondered what he was going to do.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Caleb

Caleb glances at Li. "Man, what happened? I got that he had some kind of diabetic thing, but what was with all the blood? He didn't look like he'd hit his head..."

e: I really need to start refreshing before posting. Also, taking the 'entrenched' move as an advance.

Androc fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 2, 2014

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Marina

Marina pulls away from Cassie's lap with indecent haste. She glares icily at Chet whose enthusiastic shout dies in his throat. Pulling herself up from the floor she turns and stalks out of the room and heads for the Cafeteria not sparing Elizabeth even a glance.

Holding steady to Cassie's lap: 2d6+1 13 remove a Condition: Gay

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì shook his head. "It sounds stupid, but I fell and caught my nose on a bench. I bled all over the place."

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Ricard

Ricard sort of hustles back to the gym, he doesn't feel like answering 'why is there blood on you?' coming from the students leaving class. He puts a wet floor cone on the blood spill. Better safe than sorry. He waves to the two boys and heads to his locker, quickly stripping so he can get in the shower and wash off the last few hours.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Caleb
"Dang, you sure you didn't break it?" Caleb peers closely at Li's nose. "Well, it looks fine. Which is... kind of amazing, actually, I mean," Caleb gestures to all the blood on the floor, "I used to get nosebleeds sometimes and I've never, ever seen this much come out. You sure you don't want to go to the nurse? I can walk you in case you pass out or something. I mean I'd practically expect you to if you'd lost... this much blood..."

He gets an odd expression on his face. "You know, it's weird that Mike would forget his insulin or whatever, isn't he usually pretty on top of that?"

Androc fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 2, 2014

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

That sounds like a Down the Rabbit Hole trigger. Marking XP. Lì gets a string on Caleb.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

I was going to wait for Li's response but yeah, that was the intent.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì sighed and looked at Caleb, really looked at him, like it was for the first time. It wasn't hateful, or angry, or even sad. There was almost a kind of pity to it; the kind of look you'd give a little fawn in the forest who was thinking 'gee, this metal thing with teeth shouldn't be here at all'. Then Lì said in a flat, unemotional tone. "There's nothing strange going on. I'm fine, and you will forget about this and go about your normal day."

Hypnotic: 2d6+3 9

Not sure if this would count as leveraging 'Twerp' or not. If it does, it's a 10+ and Caleb does what Lì says. If not, I'll spend a string to make it a 10.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Caleb

Caleb goes slack and stares blankly as Li speaks. When he's finished, Caleb blinks slowly and then manages to focus his eyes again- on Li. With a start, he comes back to life.

"Anyway, like I was saying, I gotta get to lunch. See you around!" And just like that he's off, his mind filling in a meaningless, detail-less conversation that never happened.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì smiled a little to himself. At least something was working right today. Now alone in the locker room, Lì stripped down to his underwear and headed into the showers.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie

Cheeks still flushed from pain and embarrassment, she picks herself up and grabs her bag, wiping a few tears from the pain out of her eyes. Shooting a venomous look at Elizabeth, she catches up with Marina. Looking a little sheepish, Cassie looks over to Marina and says, "I know I kinda started that, but you helped me out anyway, Marina. Thanks. I really appreciate it."

Cassie gives her a hug. While they're hugging, Cassie's stomach gurgles unhappily. Looking over towards the Cafeteria, Cassie asks, "So, wanna get lunch?"

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 2, 2014

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Lì paused outside the showers. Today had been one big trainwreck, and he wasn't in the mood for taking chances when he was feeling this crappy. Lì stalked in, met Ricard's surprised look, and said, "Hold still, and don't resist." His fangs lengthened...

A little bit later...

Lì hummed to himself as he got dressed and left. The showers were still running in the background as he walked out the door to lunch.

Hypnotic: 2d6+4 11

Triggers "The Feeding". Ricard and Lì mark experience, and I'll take "does not kill him" and "carry 1 forward" from my menu.

Green Bean fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 2, 2014

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Everyone in the SPA's upper school files into the Cafeteria for lunch hour. Today's menu item: grilled fresh caught tuna. Pretty fancy for a school in a landlocked state and the middle of the desert. Chef Andy and his lunchladies are serving composed salads or just the tuna steaks so you can do it yourself. Once you get through the queue and get your tray, the corridor opens up into a room with 3 long tables, 2 short ones for teachers and admins, and a salad bar that doesn't seem to end. It's stocked for Salad Niçoise, with tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, Niçoise olives, and anchovies, vinaigrette, lettuce, red peppers, shallots, and artichoke hearts, all fresh and organic. There's also two soups, all kinds of cold pastas: white, orange, green, and--is that black?--5 kinds of fresh baked bread and sandwich makins near the end, along with carafes of milk and fresh squeezed juices, and massive pitchers of water, with or without ice. No soda, no koolaid.

Through the windows you can see there are smaller circular picnic tables at which some seniors who decided to eat at school instead of driving out are chilling. On the grass, some others have formed a backrub circle.

Li and Ricard might show up a little late. The rest of you, where do you sit and what do you do?

Cafeteria layout's in the statblock.

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 2, 2014

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Marina

"Sure Cassie it was no problem. Elizabeth's been angry at me all day and that was just the final thing that set me off." She makes a sheepish grin at Cassie "besides isn't that what friends are for?" which inadvertently comes out as a question rather than a statement of fact. Hearing the rumble of Cassie's stomach she say's "Yeah I'm starving. I'd do pretty much anything for a tuna casserole."

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

John catches up to Marina and Cassie in line and starts making conversation with both of you. "Let's sit together outside, where it's quieter." On the way through the salad bar he looks pretty lost, and grabs a foil wrapped serving of Camembert, muttering, "Huh." as he examines it. What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie

Cassie and Marina get in line, but as Cassie sees the menu, she groans in disgust. "Ugh, fish. I hate fish. Guess it's just salad and pasta for me."

As John joins them, she gets an idea. She whispers to Marina, "I'm just saying something to you to get John's attention. Pretend like it's cute and funny, ok?"

She then giggles and bats her lashes at him, saying, "Now, what's so interesting about that cheese?"

Turn Nosy John on, Mark XP, DING!: 2d6+2 7

Forgot my initial +1 for being hot, but thankfully, I just make it!

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Cassie, John falls for it, replying, "I, uh, never got a chance to taste something French back at public school." John suddenly grins. "Also I'll eat your fish for you. Or maybe Marina and I could split it if you two had an arrangement." What do you do?

Take a string on John.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Marina

"What's wrong with fish? they're really nice" says Maria, building a fish salad that's a lot more fish than salad and pouring herself a glass of juice. As John cuts in behind her and she hears Cassie whisper something about John and has a blank look on her face trying to make out what she said as Cassie bats her eyelids at him and giggles.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Marina, you have no clue about the double entendres John is talking about, and if your "friend" likes him she hasn't filled you in on that yet. That's gotta be frustrating, what do you do?

You took Catch of the Day, right?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie

Ferrosol posted:

Marina

"What's wrong with fish? they're really nice" says Maria, building a fish salad that's a lot more fish than salad and pouring herself a glass of juice.

Cassie shudders and says, "Ugh, I don't know how you can eat that stuff. It's so slimy and smelly. Just makes my stomach turn thinking about it."

slydingdoor posted:

Cassie, John falls for it, replying, "I, uh, never got a chance to taste something French back at public school." John suddenly grins. "Also I'll eat your fish for you. Or maybe Marina and I could split it if you two had an arrangement." What do you do?

Take a string on John.

Cassie raises an eyebrow at John, smirking playfully. "My, aren't we getting ahead of ourselves? At least buy a girl dinner first."

She finishes up her tray with a glass of water and heads outside to find a seat.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Marina

Marina has no idea what John and Cassie are talking about. She already has plenty of fish on her plate to eat why would she want more? If John wants some fish she'd quite happily hand him plenty off the shared platter. She turns to John and says "Oh, you like fish too? turns out Cassie isn't so keen on it but if you want some fish your welcome to eat mine. Cassie and I were planning to eat together but otherwise we don't have any other arrangements." she goes on "It's ok French food is not to everyone's taste but I can understand wanting to try a bit of something new we all like to do that right?" before following Cassie outside and setting her plate down. John is completely mesmerised by a cute girl talking about sex so casually and in front of everyone and with him, Today was starting to look up!

completely missing the point.

Turning on John: 2d6+1 10 Taking a string against him.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 2, 2014

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Cassie posted:

Cassie shudders and says, "Ugh, I don't know how you can eat that stuff. It's so slimy and smelly. Just makes my stomach turn thinking about it."

Cassie, Chef Andy's ears perk up at this, and he calls out from the kitchen, "Hey, not my fish, little lady. You try again, with open mind, for me. Okay?" Sounds like his English is a little shaky. What do you do?

Marina posted:

... turns out Cassie isn't so keen on it but if you want some fish your welcome to eat mine.

Marina, John freezes up, mouth open, and looks at Cassie before he says anything. A voice that can only be Chet's pipes up from behind him, "It's a trap!"

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 2, 2014

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie

slydingdoor posted:

Chef Andy's ears perk up at this, and he calls out from the kitchen, "Hey, not my fish, little lady. You try again, with open mind, for me. Okay?" Sounds like his English is a little shaky. What do you do?

She wanted to ignore him, but Dad didn't raise a brat. She serves herself the tiniest bit she can from the platter and then pops it into her mouth with her fork.

Her stomach turns, and she downs half her glass of water.

"Nope, still don't like fish. Sorry. Everything else looks good, though!"

Shut down the Chef: 2d6-1 7
Giving proud, getting picky.

Ferrosol posted:

Marina

"Oh, you like fish too? turns out Cassie isn't so keen on it but if you want some fish your welcome to eat mine. Cassie and I were planning to eat together but otherwise we don't have any other arrangements." she goes on "It's ok French food is not to everyone's taste but I can understand wanting to try a bit of something new we all like to do that right?" before following Cassie outside and setting her plate down.

Cassie's eyes grow wide as dinner plates. Before John gets to the table, Cassie can't decide if she's more outraged or hurt. She harshly whispers, "What's the big idea? I offered to help you connect with Ricard at the party! What, you decided you like John better now or something? I've been flirting with him all day! And what kind of slut just tells someone they met that day that he can eat you?" Cassie finishes her rant, seeing nothing but Marina's shocked face and the slightest tinge of red in her vision.

Shut down someone out of her depth but is going down anyway: 2d6+1 10
Marina loses a string.
Highthened senses: 2d6-1 3

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 2, 2014

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Marina

"What do you mean? we were just talking about fish, you know little scaly things that swim through the oceans. It was just a casual conversation." Marina babbles back at Cassie's confusing outburst "Besides what bit of me would I let him eat? I need most of my body to live and I don't want tooth marks over the rest." calming down a little she digs deeper "Besides since when were you and him a thing? You could've mentioned it sooner." She sniffs haughtily in a move copied from Elisabeth "Besides I'm really not interested in him." she adds truthfully.

Holding steady to Cassie's accusation: 2d6+1 12 Carrying one forward.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Cassie, John decides he doesn't want to see you hungry anymore. He's about to try calming you down, but gulps, "Your eyes...your face... you aren't allergic to tuna or something are you?" The nearest mirror would be in one of the three single person-sized restrooms: one marked mens, one marked women, and a newer, bigger looking one with a handicap figure on it. What do you do?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Cassie

Ferrosol posted:

"What do you mean? we were just talking about fish, you know little scaly things that swim through the oceans. It was just a casual conversation." Marina babbles back at Cassie's confusing outburst "Besides what bit of me would I let him eat? I need most of my body to live and I don't want tooth marks over the rest." calming down a little she digs deeper "Besides since when were you and him a thing? You could've mentioned it sooner." She sniffs haughtily in a move copied from Elisabeth "Besides I'm really not interested in him." she adds truthfully.

Cassie starts to say something really cutting. She hasn't quite figured out what it is yet, but, it would be devistating and leave everyone impressed with her wit. Unfortunately, she's interrupted by...

slydingdoor posted:

Cassie, John decides he doesn't want to see you hungry anymore. He's about to try calming you down, but gulps, "Your eyes...your face... you aren't allergic to tuna or something are you?" The nearest mirror would be in one of the three single person-sized restrooms: one marked mens, one marked women, and a newer, bigger looking one with a handicap figure on it.

Her blood runs cold for an instant. She's... not sure. She hasn't had fish in ages, and her head is pounding and the room is too bright and... she's just feeling awful.

She runs towards the woman's bathroom and jerks the door open, locking it behind her. She stares in the mirror, seeing jet black orbs where her eyes should be. The more she looks into them, the more she can't help but look away. She feels herself begin to fall into the vast darkness of her own eyes...

Run Away!: 2d6+2 10
Gaze into the Abyss: 2d6-1 10
The visions aren't lucid, but they show me what to do, giving me +1 to following them, and Cassie isn't nosy anymore.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Cassie, despite the circumstances you manage to gracefully leave John and Marina together to take care of yourself, not something someone who was overly concerned with butting into other people's business for its own sake would do.

Looking at your puffy and crying face, in the mirror, you realize that Marina has never been playing dumb about fitting in or flirting. She is dumb. That becomes a problem when she doesn't show the capacity or desire to learn. She won't stop bringing you trouble, like that thing with Elizabeth, until someone actually makes her pay for the mistakes she makes. You're her only friend, it's gotta be you... you've gotta be the one to hurt her, to make her learn, before someone else who doesn't care about her does.

You rehearse it in your head, bringing her into the restroom, locking the door, and telling her, "Marina, when John was talking about 'French,' he was also talking about this. Understand? Good, this next one's harder though. 'Fish,' is slang for 'this,' and if someone smells the barest whiff of yours around someone she's marked for herself, this is what will happen to you. I know it hurts, but I you have to get this through your head or who knows what might happen... I'm doing this as your friend."

You know what to do. What do you do?

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 3, 2014

• Locked thread