Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I haven't paid for or really watched TV since 2008 :smug:

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
oh poo poo

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

1gnoirents posted:

I haven't paid for or really watched TV since 2008 :smug:

"I don't even own a tv" :smug:

Slugs
Mar 11, 2014
Turn

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Everything except HBO is just completely awful. How you have tens of millions of people watching this crap every night is beyond me.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
IS the tv show about people on a forum getting cancer back on?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mcvey posted:

Everything except HBO is just completely awful. How you have tens of millions of people watching this crap every night is beyond me.

not entirely true there's been some decent shows on AMC imo

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I feel it's kinda like music now

the lowest common denominator stuff is more custom engineered to be beige and inoffensive than ever before but there is good stuff if you spend ten minutes on the internet looking for it

*whistles sanford and son theme song*

big dig
Sep 11, 2001

Cowboys > Ninjas
you know in the 90s i was really disappointed that i couldnt watch 4 hours in a row of fat people struggling with life on TLC but now i can

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

mookface posted:

not entirely true there's been some decent shows on AMC imo

Breaking Bad was consistently good

Other than that?

big dig posted:

you know in the 90s i was really disappointed that i couldnt watch 4 hours in a row of fat people struggling with life on TLC but now i can

You could have watched those fat people get liposuction in all its full graphic glory on TLC in the 90s. Must have watched dozens of boob jobs on Operation during lunch hour.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 26, 2014

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

idk the last decade has pretty much been the golden age of television. so i respectfully disagree op

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

The Good Wife never gets enough cred, probably because it's target audience seems to be middle aged liberal women, which isn't a huge demographic. The writing is good and tense while maintaining relative realism in plot and character motivations.

big dig
Sep 11, 2001

Cowboys > Ninjas

mcvey posted:

You could have watched those fat people get liposuction in all its full graphic glory on TLC in the 90s. Must have watched dozens of boob jobs on Operation during lunch hour.

I do miss The Operation. But the fat struggle was more for the doctor, and not the person trying to put on shoes or wash their crack or not die from sleeping

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
FRAGGLE ROCK

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Monkey Fracas posted:

I feel it's kinda like music now

the lowest common denominator stuff is more custom engineered to be beige and inoffensive than ever before but there is good stuff if you spend ten minutes on the internet looking for it

*whistles sanford and son theme song*

Eh not so much like music because people can't make TV shows in their spare time like they can with music, except for like horrible YouTube sketch comedy.

Cosmic Web
Jan 11, 2005

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you!"
Fun Shoe
At least that awful TV poo poo can be appropriated to create some cool collage films though, so I guess it has its usefulness.

What's your opinion on older shows like Wonder Showzen and Xavier: Renegade Angel?

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Schisser posted:

What's your opinion on older shows like Wonder Showzen and Xavier: Renegade Angel?

they are vacuous wastes of time appealing to those deadened in the overuse of a combination of legal and illegal drugs, substituting hamfisted absurdity for wit, and in the long run contributing to the decay of the spirit of permanent revolution

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
i hate everthing so much it makes my dick hard!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Gaunab posted:

i hate everthing so much it makes my dick hard!

use your anger

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Doctor J Off posted:

Eh not so much like music because people can't make TV shows in their spare time like they can with music, except for like horrible YouTube sketch comedy.

I guess I meant more along the lines of "you can find and watch almost anything you want on the internet and broadcast TV is becoming obsolete"

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I agree, OP. Bring back Balki.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ClwhUWqypM

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I have HBO on demand now so I watched the last season of Eastbound and Down and I'm almost through the first season of The Knick and holy good god drat I was richly entertained. And soon I will have new Mad Men and Game of Thrones to watch!

Thank you, TV. Thank you for giving me so much and asking so little in return.

Reset Button
Jan 25, 2011

Daedra posted:

the real housewives of atlanta is my poo poo

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Almost everything on the broadcast networks is homogeneous horrid rancid poo poo. Sometimes basic cable channels hit a viewer count and operating budget, with executives apparently borne of entirely different stock from most of television, allow good shows to sometimes manifest. I don't know how FX got its autonomy or Adult Swim is even allowed to exist on a children's network but it's cool it happens at all.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I hate the Walking Dead because of Glenn's whiny rear end and seriously he should have died like 3 seasons ago. Thanks for ruining the show whiny rear end.

I am enjoying Walking Dead. But I am more stunned by the fact that Maggie has stopped giving any shits at all about her sister. Her only surviving family. That is dumb.

Still very entertaining show though. Loved how Bob owned the cannibals.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Monkey Fracas posted:

I guess I meant more along the lines of "you can find and watch almost anything you want on the internet and broadcast TV is becoming obsolete"

:cb: :filez: :henget: :cb:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Have you tried bara anime op?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Gotham is p good

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I hate the Walking Dead because of Glenn's whiny rear end and seriously he should have died like 3 seasons ago. Thanks for ruining the show whiny rear end.

otoh rick is hot and makes violence look sexy af and i would like to have smelley unwashed survivor sex w him

this + zombies is why walking dead is good

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
i long for rick and carl to die

they can amputate limbs but can't handle a c-section

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

rick would make such a sexy zombie :allears:

e: corl

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
I am glad Rick has stopped being such a delicate moral beacon and now rips people's throats out with his loving teeth.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

on another note Project Runway is legit fun you don't have to be a designer or a gay to appreciate it

e: i got a straight male friend into watching it with me and he was like "well this one's a great textile designer but her construction is really lacking and" and just stoppped and looked :smithicide:

whoflungpoop fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Nov 26, 2014

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

mcvey posted:

Breaking Bad was consistently good

I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sounds of airplanes crashing because someone was sad.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Yes but, OP have you see the sopranos.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Meh I know some of what I watch is stupid (2 broke girls being offender #1) but sometimes I need to kill a few minutes and don't feel like getting all invested in something longer.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Man#1 - Hey dude are you ready to verb the noun?

Man#2 - Yeah , can't wait!

(Cut to mid shot of man#2)

"When Man#1 asked me to verb the noun I was like, what?"

(Cut to mid shot of man#1)

"I asked man#2 to verb the noun! We always do that together!"

(Cut back to first scene)

Man#1 - OK, man. Let's go.

Man#2 - Cool.

(Cut to commercial)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Ferroque posted:

Yes but, OP have you see the sopranos.

(SPONSORED POST) yes I have and i would rather eat Sopranos Pizza, the best pizza this side of Little Italy, available at route 611 and Bristol, Warrington, PA

• Locked thread