Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I'm home for thanksgiving and so naturally decided to update the parents' MacBook Air to Yosemite. their broadband is so slow that it took 6 hours to download and install, including app updates and patches. and they don't seem to have the password to their time capsule, which makes makes me think it wouldn't be very useful in a recovery situation. time to reset that puppy and start over. overall it's all going better than expected.

post about your home CJ adventures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i had to reset my mums apple account password and shes pissed off it cant be the same as her gmail/everything else one

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

it should be in the keychain op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dog_name01

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

i had to reset my mums apple account password and shes pissed off it cant be the same as her gmail/everything else one

u can add an email in the settings

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I went to my brothers house on the other side of the farm and hacked into his router 192.168.1. and changed his wifi ssid to "it HERTZ when I.P" :newlol:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

goldmine

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my dad put the wifi password on a qr code and printed and stuck it to index card which is down with the router in the basement next to his NAS and surveillance cam headless control rig, OP.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i'm not going home for thanksgiving but i'm helping my dad troubleshoot his gmail account in outlook for mac remotely :cripes:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
its en8lek5jag6zan5e, op

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i dont think you 'grok' the zeitgeist op

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Smythe posted:

my dad put the wifi password on a qr code and printed and stuck it to index card which is down with the router in the basement next to his NAS and surveillance cam headless control rig, OP.

:captainpop:

dad lame, so what

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

do u mean Internet password op

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

pram posted:

i dont think you 'grok' the zeitgeist op

what does this even mean? lol

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

I have a wall in my kitchen that is painted with magnetic primer and chalkboard paint. the wifi password is written on this wall in chalk. #dadstuff

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

what does this even mean? lol

old man burns

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Elder Postsman posted:

I have a wall in my kitchen that is painted with magnetic primer and chalkboard paint. the wifi password is written on this wall in chalk. #dadstuff

i've thought about using that stuff on our fridge door, it has removable 1/4" panels and I could easily paint them up and then install them. what are your thoughts on it?

note that i dont care about the magnetic thing cause cats but im hot on the chalkboard paint.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Jonny 290 posted:

i've thought about using that stuff on our fridge door, it has removable 1/4" panels and I could easily paint them up and then install them. what are your thoughts on it?

note that i dont care about the magnetic thing cause cats but im hot on the chalkboard paint.

it's ok. probably works better if u sand it really nice and smooth. i didn't but i might go back and do that at some point. still good for scribbling down like grocery things we need (this wall is right next to the fridge) or whatever. would recommend.

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

Ramesh dont like iiiiit
grok' the zeitgeist
grok' the zeitgeist
Patel dont like iiiiit
grok' the zeitgeist
grok' the zeitgeist

pram
Jun 10, 2001

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

Ramesh dont like iiiiit
grok' the zeitgeist
grok' the zeitgeist
Patel dont like iiiiit
grok' the zeitgeist
grok' the zeitgeist

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

rip pram

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
my mom's mac will never be upgraded past 10.4 :smugmrgw:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
my parents wifi name is 'Obama 08'

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
my parents use xubuntu lol

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

Phoenixan posted:

lol jesus

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

z0rlandi viSSer posted:

Ramesh dont like iiiiit
grok' the zeitgeist
grok' the zeitgeist
Patel dont like iiiiit
grok' the zeitgeist
grok' the zeitgeist

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Phoenixan posted:

cool

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
me pops use winders and RHEL

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

red hat elder linux

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
thanksgiving was last month though???

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Silver Alicorn posted:

my mom's mac will never be upgraded past 10.4 :smugmrgw:

same except my mac

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

but haven't you heard of the 300 new features of leopard???

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the worlds most advanced operating system ca 2007

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

more like dICK posted:

thanksgiving was last month though???

this for real

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Son I had your name engraved on this iPod so people know who it belongs to.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
update: dad was showing me pictures on his MacBook Air by setting the desktop background and showing it to me. yes, there were tons of icons on top of them

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

The Management posted:

update: dad was showing me pictures on his MacBook Air by setting the desktop background and showing it to me. yes, there were tons of icons on top of them

Dadhacks

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

The Management posted:

yes, there were tons of icons on top of them

I've given up trying to de clutter my mothers 2013 retina MacBook Pro that she stupidly bought herself because the salesman told her that it was "good for photos".

the entire desktop is just icons on top of icons on top of icons and that's the way she likes it UH huh uh huh

pram
Jun 10, 2001

The Management posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

something something arrange by penis

• Locked thread