Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
:10bux: To remove yourself from everyone's ignore list (but you can be re-ignored when people see your shitposts again, of course)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Sentient Data posted:

:10bux: To remove yourself from everyone's ignore list (but you can be re-ignored when people see your shitposts again, of course)

100$ and you cant be ignored

1000$ and everything you write will be in massive flashing letters

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

$1 to add as a randomly appearing particle effect to one of your posts

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Floor to ceiling windows, granite counters, stainless steel appliances

Then sell to the Chinese, make back double what you put into renovating

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014
Cat lady only forum

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Real talk: bring back LF and make implement any system that regularly requires posters in there to pay $2 or something

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014

Professor Shark posted:

Real talk: bring back LF and make implement any system that regularly requires posters in there to pay $2 or something

What was LF all I understand is that nuGBS hates it which makes me feel ambivalent

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Also make posters play a difficult Cross the Border game if they want to post in LF or get back to any other forum

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Professor Shark posted:

Now there's a good idea: bring back LF but give it an additional cover charge that I can use to offset the inevitable questioning of police / Homeland Security / FBI

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

There ya go "champ", you can roll around in all those $2 and get to know your local police and FBI agents over French Press coffee

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Professor Shark posted:

There ya go "champ", you can roll around in all those $2 and get to know your local police and FBI agents over French Press coffee
I can't charge less than $5 for anything or else processing fees eats up most of it

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

In that case make LF a forum and charge idiots $10 but then only let mods make threads and post, it'd be like a deal-with-the-devil or monkey paw story

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014

Lowtax posted:

I can't charge less than $5 for anything or else processing fees eats up most of it

Just have a cat lady/2013 gbs forum with hardass mods who don't mod anywhere else so you can roll in that rereg :10bux:

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
The War On Bad Posting

All posters are born free, but if they commit even a small transgression then they get put in Posting Jail. When in posting jail, users must pay $5 per week to post. Shitposts will lead to longer time in posting jail, where as good behaviour will lead to release.

The goal is really to have most of the forum population in and out of posting jail all the time so as to create a constant stream of revenue.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Make the Leper's Colony a real forum that people are restricted to.

It wouldn't make any money, but it'd be fun to see the poo poo on the walls and I like to think that eventually it'd cumulatively find religion and begin worshiping Allah and new lepers would be recruited by gangs

Edit: or shanked, then they have to re:10bux:

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
Forums MMO

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

CountButtula posted:

What was LF all I understand is that nuGBS hates it which makes me feel ambivalent

Little Feet, it was a dwarfism/foot fetish subforum for a while until someone threatened the family on Little People, Big World

CaptainButtSmack
Oct 21, 2008
Doom house Blu-Ray

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Have a running ticker for all of DnD poster PT6A's posts, he generates :10bux: avatar changes like crazy with his posts

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Make 5$ or 10$ increase in every product. Isn't the reg fee like 10 years old?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Hogge Wild posted:

Make 5$ or 10$ increase in every product. Isn't the reg fee like 10 years old?

Fygm

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CountButtula posted:

"Looking for... " It was a goon dating forum, but because goons are goons it was just full of weird people with weird fetishes like "Looking for female to masturbate my dog whilst wearing Star Trek uniform."

Things got out of hand and Lowtax got hassled by the FBI, hence why the forum was killed.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

lol what kind of masochist would ever want to date a goon

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

spud posted:

"Looking for... " It was a goon dating forum, but because goons are goons it was just full of weird people with weird fetishes like "Looking for female to masturbate my dog whilst wearing Star Trek uniform."

Things got out of hand and Lowtax got hassled by the FBI, hence why the forum was killed.
laffo

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I'm sure it's been mentioned but it would be cool to be able to buy other people unban certs. Like you could put in someone's user name, and if someone has already purchased an unban cert for that person, it wouldn't let it go through. If you are the first person to do it, it would then automatically email the banned user the cert. I think that'd be pretty cool

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Make it so you have to pay every time you post, and make sure you can only top up your credits like $20 at a time minimum.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
register the forums as a charity or church to help with the taxes

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Reset avs & title text to Stupid Newbie upon probate/ban. People will a) shitpost less or b) buy more avs. Its a win-win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Add some bullshit random number to each post labeled Goon Points, and have Upgoon and Downgoon buttons right there... But instead of becoming some stupid reddit clone, autoban anyone who clicks on either button; it will lead to a huge increase in rereg and/or get rid of even more idiots without mods needing to lift a finger

• Locked thread