Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Hey goons, Thanksgiving is almost here, so share your advice for having a successful heartwarming day full of family fun! Or how to deal with the crushing disappointment of grandma! Or how to flavor your Kraft dinner with the salty tears of loneliness! There are many kinds of Thanksgiving and we're here to help with them all.

Edit:

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Please post on thanksgiving how you are getting owned by family members thank you.

Good idea. Goons, you can email me and I will post it anonymously if you want to talk about Thanksgiving ownage, past or present. :twisted:
Or if you just need dumb Turkey Tip advice, you can write in to Dear Spooky.

Email me at yourspookygirlfriend@gmail.com.

You can use https://www.guerrillamail.com/compose if you don't want me to know your email address.

spooky girlfriend fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

get out, canadian

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
How to survive Thanksgiving

Tip #1: Don't be a turkey :D

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
smoke your turkey.....it wil be alot juicier

also drink malt liquor all day

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
looks like i'm going to KFC again this year

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

shiksa posted:

get out, canadian

:henget:

I'm not Canadian but I just caught my first turkey. Looks to be a 25 pounder! Maybe add a zero!

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

spooky girlfriend posted:

:henget:

I'm not Canadian but I just caught my first turkey. Looks to be a 25 pounder! Maybe add a zero!

haha, heh

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

2014; The year I whored myself out for title changes.

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie
Marinate the turkey in anti-freeze and serve to family.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

PixieDreamGirl posted:

Marinate the turkey in anti-freeze and serve to family.
no itll taste too sweet dummy add it to the cranberry sauce

naem
May 29, 2011

This is my first thanksgiving ever all alone lol

Like its fine, it's been a good year and everything's great just by chance everyone's plans involve "not me" somehow

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
turkey tips would be a good name for a rectally insertable thanksgiving dinner

i guess i mean a more convenient rectally insertable thanksgiving dinner than the traditional kind

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
my thnxgv turkey is 28.6 lbs, anyone who has a turkey that weighs less is a pussy bitch lol

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

debone the turkey, take the breast halves and wrap them in skin, then truss them into a roast. roast those in the oven with the wings and legs. take the carcass and make stock, reduce it and turn it into gravy.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

Zippy the Bummer posted:

my thnxgv turkey is 28.6 lbs, anyone who has a turkey that weighs less is a pussy bitch lol

i got mine from a special farm that breeds turkeys with gigantism, it is a staggering 83 pounds and could probably beat up you and your turkey in a 2 on 1 fight

i have way more thanks to give than you bitch, i need a big rear end turkey

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Sweet Tea posted:

debone the turkey, take the breast halves and wrap them in skin, then truss them into a roast. roast those in the oven with the wings and legs. take the carcass and make stock, reduce it and turn it into gravy.

hmmm this is also a good answer, Sweet Tea is not a pussy bitch imo

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie
Beat grandma to a pulp with a turkey leg while everyone is asleep from the itis.

naem
May 29, 2011

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

turkey tips would be a good name for a rectally insertable thanksgiving dinner

i guess i mean a more convenient rectally insertable thanksgiving dinner than the traditional kind

Um I mean do you own

1. A blender
2. A turkey baster

Because,

The 5th Foid
Nov 22, 2014

by Ralp
The prospector failson posts and then close the thread and then the whole drat forums.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

alcoholics get their disease from trying to outdrink each other, goons get their disease from trying to outeat each other

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

i got mine from a special farm that breeds turkeys with gigantism, it is a staggering 83 pounds and could probably beat up you and your turkey in a 2 on 1 fight

son of a.......

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Turkey tip: When Uncle John sardonically asks if you "had a long trip" knowing FULL WELL that you haven't been able to find a job out of college and are living upstairs over the garage, just smile tightly.

Revenge will be had LATER. Uncle John always puts his keys on the coffee table remember? Tonight, you can drop a deuce in the bottom of his golf clubs bag.

naem
May 29, 2011

Yeah that's basically a velociraptor

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

naem posted:

Um I mean do you own

1. A blender
2. A turkey baster

Because,

sounds like walmart needs to get a new combo deal set up asap

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

naem posted:

Yeah that's basically a velociraptor

talons the size of my foot

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

I'm just gonna wear this sweater.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

I'm not sold on these giant turkeys. A friend raises turkeys and gave me one last year, it was almost too big to fit in my oven, and was also a little tough, even though I am an excellent turkey roaster.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
this one time my nephew said this one stone looked like it came from a six foot turkey, then i kicked him in the stomach until he coughed blood and died, stupid lil bitch

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Zippy the Bummer posted:

this one time my nephew said this one stone looked like it came from a six foot turkey, then i kicked him in the stomach until he coughed blood and died, stupid lil bitch
lol nice

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006

PixieDreamGirl posted:

I'm just gonna wear this sweater.

just be honest and tell them that old dudes pay you a shitload of money to jack off to your feet

if its enough money, they wont care, trust me

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
and then i said "their still alive when they start to eat u"

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

just be honest and tell them that old dudes pay you a shitload of money to jack off to your feet

if its enough money, they wont care, trust me

I would lose a client and Grandma would be upset because she'll found out where all the retirement money is going.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

boil the potatoes until a fork easily pushes through them, pour them in the strainer and let them sit for 20 mins. heat half and half over low heat. return potatoes to the pot you used to boil them when they are cool, mash them with your butter, then add the hot half and half.
season with salt 1 tsp at a time until they're salty enough, or 1/2 tsp if you're making less than 5 lb of potatoes (like a little bitch)

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

naem posted:

This is my first thanksgiving ever all alone lol

Like its fine, it's been a good year and everything's great just by chance everyone's plans involve "not me" somehow

What I recommend for you is a lot of gin & tonic. A lot.

Turkey tip: Make your gin and tonics festive with a splash of cranberry juice!

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
what kind of oval office hasnt prepared a brace of conies???

with potatoes boil em fry em stickem in a stewPO-TAE-TOES

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

just start discussing this article

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~chuck/infopg/mirrors/repro/sm_514317.html

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
come out as hgay

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYkRF_FmD40
dingle dangle

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Sweet Tea posted:

boil the potatoes until a fork easily pushes through them, pour them in the strainer and let them sit for 20 mins. heat half and half over low heat. return potatoes to the pot you used to boil them when they are cool, mash them with your butter, then add the hot half and half.
season with salt 1 tsp at a time until they're salty enough, or 1/2 tsp if you're making less than 5 lb of potatoes (like a little bitch)

Can't go wrong with a classic, but this year I'm making Seaweed Mashed potatoes:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/seaweed-mashed-potatoes-recipe.html

Hopefully it is good. If it's not, people will just be like "Oh spooky's asian, she couldn't help making mashed potatoes wrong, it's fine."

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

Sweet Tea posted:

get back to gws queer

have sex with turkey. drink wild turkey. have more sex with turkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

come out as hgay
i dont know the last few times i did this no one really cared i think its starting to get old

• Locked thread