Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I have a lot of experience with camera work, to include editing, voicing, shooting, and such. Running on about 5 years in the field. How difficult would it be to get hired on, especially if I have copies of my work to show. Hired at any level actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

FlyWhiteBoy posted:

What software is used for graphic overlays on the screen?

I always made an animated editable lower thirds in Photoshop and importing it into premiere. After that, it was a simple text title to fit over it.

Editable for color, logos, etc. I never include names really because it's easier to just use the title tool in premeire.

Rarely will it be more complicated than that.

Edit: ^^^ thanks! I have to be a fast worker, so it's nothing, especially if I'm putting a Broll package together for a news cast. I literally just did that for the soldiers being monitored on Ft Lewis coming from Africa (the place they are staying and facilities and stuff) and was able to shoot, edit and distribute in about 2-3 hours with it being QC'd by multiple people.

Does it pay well? I heard something that is kind of like Union poo poo, like since I can do everything to include on air talent, I would be held to one position and not allowed to branch over because of something or another.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Nov 28, 2014

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I can say that some shows come at a certain cost. Or at least I believe so. AFN is a military TV station and essentially all the shows we got were for free, under the stipulation that we could not advertise. Therefore, if you have had the unfortunate opportunity to watch AFN, you'll remember the God awful commercials we had to make. Seriously it was like " make a 30 second conmercial about sexual harassment. Due in 3 weeks".

• Locked thread