Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
all the lines in the the first episodes that made people fall in love with the show were plagiarized almost verbatim from some broke and hungry rear end horror author, and the actual satanic pedo cult the show was based on was irl scary enough that it barely needed to be adapted.

it was because of cohl's speeches that mccounoughhy signed onto the show in the first place, the speeches that were plagiarized.

it was a promising first season of a show that had at best 2 great episodes, which happens to bring to mind, to me, another hyped rear end show with 2 really good episodes:

td's finale was a wet fart anticlimax that left no one satisfied, also like heroes

you'll see when td comes back. you'll remember this thread. you can be down with the backlash before it even starts

that's my true detective analysis thanks for reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
i liked the reversal of fortune on the gunfight episode v:shobon:v

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
the undercover episode and the raid flashback episode were rad as gently caress as self contained nuggets of televised entertainment

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006
lol if you think any episodes were good, or bad. Stop having opinoins op, theyre making GBS threads up nthe improved forums.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

fargo was good

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

uno.mannschaft posted:

lol if you think any episodes were good, or bad. Stop having opinoins op, theyre making GBS threads up nthe improved forums.

you can't take away my feelings i'm not a machine

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
fargo was loving garbage in my extremely humble opinion

Black Numenorean
Nov 23, 2008
I hope Hastur kills Matthew McConaughey, and also the OP.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
hating true detective is going to be hot as gently caress spring 2015 but goons are basically still wearing jnco jeans listening to sugar ray while getting their tips frosted at the salon

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Ehhh... good artists borrow. Great artists steal.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

it was good, youre wrong op

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

fanged wang posted:

what is wrongwith you

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
y'all are going to look stupid as hell when the next season of td rolls around and it;s real bad!

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

what is wrongwith you

i dont like bad tv, or tv that will be bad in the future. fargo was bad as it happened. there's a reason the movie didn't have a stock magical sociopath killer badass in it, because that's the opposite of what fargo is about.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side

fanged wang posted:

hating true detective is going to be hot as gently caress spring 2015 but goons are basically still wearing jnco jeans listening to sugar ray while getting their tips frosted at the salon

these all sound like good things to me OP

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cqU1pFRqYE

Wolfsheim fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Nov 27, 2014

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

fanged wang posted:

I liked true detective but Fargo was poo poo, yes.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

fanged wang posted:

all the lines in the the first episodes that made people fall in love with the show were plagiarized almost verbatim from some broke and hungry rear end horror author, and the actual satanic pedo cult the show was based on was irl scary enough that it barely needed to be adapted.

it was because of cohl's speeches that mccounoughhy signed onto the show in the first place, the speeches that were plagiarized.

it was a promising first season of a show that had at best 2 great episodes, which happens to bring to mind, to me, another hyped rear end show with 2 really good episodes:

td's finale was a wet fart anticlimax that left no one satisfied, also like heroes

you'll see when td comes back. you'll remember this thread. you can be down with the backlash before it even starts

that's my true detective analysis thanks for reading

true detective was not rly about the criminals. it really was just about the two detectives whose lives are forever changed by this one case

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008
I agree that it didn't quite live up to the hype, but TD has Alexandra Daddario so it's A-OK in my book.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
I dont think it was bad, Op. It was quite entertaining until the last couple of episodes.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side

folgore posted:

I dont think it was bad, Op. It was quite entertaining until the last couple of episodes.

this is how i feel btw~

i don't even remember the ending, just feeling pretty underwhelmed

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
yeah he borrowed a lot from thomas ligotti but it's a good show so gently caress you op

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

Neurosis posted:

yeah he borrowed a lot from thomas ligotti but it's a good show so gently caress you op

it was p much verbatim actually literally plagiarism and the dude refused to acknowledge it in interviews and is basically living a lie right now, his world will come crashing down and you will all remember that the backlash started thanksgiving cst tyool 2014 itt

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

who the hell do you think you are coming in here talking poo poo about true detective and heroes

e: and fargo too. gently caress!!!!

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
do you mean to tell me that the nihilist stuff maconny said that was meant to make the character look like a bitter human being was cribbed from some bitter human being? :gonk: well at least fargo was good

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
true detective put me to sleep a few times but the nihilist monologues were good.

fargo was very good, and so was peaky blinders.

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

fanged wang posted:

2 for 2 on bad opinions. op clearly has brain damage

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

True Detective was actually really good and probably the best HP Lovecraft pastiche ever filmed, the absolute worst part about it were the autist fans that refused to acknowledge the ambiguity of Sci-Fi-Horror/ lingering physical effects of Rust's drug use.

That said, Nic Pizzolatto denied there was supposed to be any ambiguity, which makes me think that he's either an idiot or that Cary Fukunaga was the real genius behind the show and Season 2 has a good chance of sucking as he's no longer aboard, but I'll be happy to have my doubts proven wrong.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

true detective owned and you're loving stupid if you don't see that.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
that show that's popular? it's actually BAD! :wth:
- a goon

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
People watch anything and everything these days.

Its sad.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Xaris posted:

- a goon

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Xaris posted:

- a goon

This actually works for The Walking Dead though

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the brunette had some bomb rear end tittays

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

This actually works for The Walking Dead though

Game of Thrones is bad too, popular things are very bad IMO

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
i thought the first ep was pretty clever but the second ep seemed boring so i stopped watching it.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Goon has contrarian opinion on popular on pop-culture? Why I never!

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
True detective had one or two hot naked women so it was worth it imo

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

etalian posted:

Game of Thrones is bad too, popular things are very bad IMO

IMO GoT is okay to pretty good, with a similar likelihood of going off the rails into the next few seasons

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

season 2 of this show will probably be terrible. but season 1 owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Most good US stuff is fine for one season. Season 2 to 3 are ok/good sometimes. Very rare does it goes longer and not have poo poo itself completely during season 2 or 3.

Rapman the Cook fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 27, 2014

• Locked thread