Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

with over 400 people even at low capacity, who are you people? why do you read this poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I like to get my lurk on as frequently as possible.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7gMkiOPSeA

the pole or the dole
May 21, 2009
new time poster long time lurker here how are you? :coffeepal:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Mad Pills posted:

new time poster long time lurker here how are you? :coffeepal:

how's the weather in norway

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Greetings, Mad Pills

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

lmao 400 users in gbs

the pole or the dole
May 21, 2009

TEAYCHES posted:

how's the weather in norway

https://www.google.no/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=troms%C3%B8%20weather

its not that bad actually, we had snow a while ago and i got sick but im much better now

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
i smell good

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Mad Pills posted:

https://www.google.no/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=troms%C3%B8%20weather

its not that bad actually, we had snow a while ago and i got sick but im much better now

I'm glad you're feeling better and posting, with us

the pole or the dole
May 21, 2009

Harime Nui posted:

I'm glad you're feeling better and posting, with us

thank you

let me tell you how far north i live

that is very far north dont you think i think so

i mean you think canadians live far north let me tell you they dont know a thing

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
That's extremely far north, I'm from a valley in the US where the temperature is basically stable year round and get to lol at people in the Midwest who fry in Summer and freeze in Winter it's pretty alright

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

Harime Nui posted:

That's extremely far north, I'm from a valley in the US where the temperature is basically stable year round and get to lol at people in the Midwest who fry in Summer and freeze in Winter it's pretty alright

where

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
It's the Willamette valley, in Oregon

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mad Pills posted:

thank you

i mean you think canadians live far north let me tell you they dont know a thing

gulf stream = cheating

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
We always like to say, Meriwether Lewis and William Clark were exploring the Pacific Northwest when they saw it, and the name comes from Meriwether asking "Will, am it a river?" :xd: :xd: :xd:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Mad Pills posted:

thank you

i live in omaha, nebraska, so most of my winter will be hell like yours thanks to the regular arctic loving our continent gets. can you define your coping mechanisms without referencing drinking or comfort foods? how do you deal with it psychologically?

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

Harime Nui posted:

It's the Willamette valley, in Oregon

one time i was in oregon and it snowed in june

congrats on your valley

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i read this like i read my newspaper

never

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajqKSzihNJw

the pole or the dole
May 21, 2009

TEAYCHES posted:

i live in omaha, nebraska, so most of my winter will be hell like yours thanks to the regular arctic loving our continent gets. can you define your coping mechanisms without referencing drinking or comfort foods? how do you deal with it psychologically?

it is good to know some people share my suffering

i mostly cope with it by staying inside, i mean it gets almost pitch black at 4pm so my sleep schedule is all hosed up

the pole or the dole
May 21, 2009

generative grammer posted:

gulf stream = cheating

yes this is true, but melting glaciers can disrupt the gulf stream and then i am hosed

please america and china, cut down on your emissions

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mad Pills posted:

it is good to know some people share my suffering

i mostly cope with it by staying inside, i mean it gets almost pitch black at 4pm so my sleep schedule is all hosed up

if you live north of the 60th parallel and don't eat a shitload of vitamins (esp. vitamin D) and knock yourself out at night with melatonin (or booze) you gonna be a miserable sad sack
i guess light boxes are an effective fix if the polar night's loving with your brain but they cost a fortune

regards,
helsinki, finland

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i think its cool that living in those harsh northern latitudes drives so many people to learn written english though you are all probably totally useless speaking it

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

i don't lurk... but if i caught you by surprise, aha!!

the pole or the dole
May 21, 2009

TEAYCHES posted:

i think its cool that living in those harsh northern latitudes drives so many people to learn written english though you are all probably totally useless speaking it

if i am ever forced to speak to an english person i put on a russian accent so i dont have to look like an idiot with my norwegian accent

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Mad Pills posted:

if i am ever forced to speak to an english person i put on a russian accent so i dont have to look like an idiot with my norwegian accent

the "scandinavian accent" is literally what downs syndrome sounds like in english

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
THS please take a look at page 150 of the hellgate thread

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

TEAYCHES posted:

the "scandinavian accent" is literally what downs syndrome sounds like in english

Back when Scandinavian immigrants were actually a thing we had swathes of "Sfein and Uli" jokes no I don't know why I'm a repository of poo poo my dad told me when I was 5 either

the pole or the dole
May 21, 2009

TEAYCHES posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49CkgeQVh70

praying for russian annexation now

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Al Cowens posted:

ok...

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Harime Nui posted:

We always like to say, Meriwether Lewis and William Clark were exploring the Pacific Northwest when they saw it, and the name comes from Meriwether asking "Will, am it a river?" :xd: :xd: :xd:

The Willamette is very pretty especially when you get near the foothills of the coastal range and all the trees get covered in that pale green lichen, ghostly as heck.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Al Cowens posted:

went there and wasnt worth the effort

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Lurkers you should post more, if you're funny.

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Harime Nui posted:

Back when Scandinavian immigrants were actually a thing we had swathes of "Sfein and Uli" jokes no I don't know why I'm a repository of poo poo my dad told me when I was 5 either

Two Minnesotans walk into a pet shop near Brainerd. They head to the bird section and Sven says to Ole, "Dat's dem." The owner comes over and asks if he can help them. "Yah sure, ve'll take four of dem dere little budgies in dat cage up der.

The owner puts the budgies in a paper bag. Ole and Sven pay for the birds, leave the shop, and get into Sven's pick-up and drive to the top of some big cliffs near Brainerd Lake. At the cliffs, Sven looks down at the 1000 foot drop and says, "Dis looks like a grand place." He takes two birds out of the bag, puts them on his shoulders and jumps off the cliff. Ole watches as Sven falls all the way to the bottom, killing himself dead.

Moments later Knute who's been to the pet shop too, arrives at the cliffs. He walks up to the edge of the cliff carrying another paper bag and a shotgun. "Hey, Ole. Vatch dis." Knute says. He takes a parrot from the bag and throws himself over the edge of the cliff.

Ole watches as half way down, Knute takes the gun and shoots the parrot and continues to plummet down and down until he hits the bottom and breaks every bone in his body.

Ole is just getting over the shock of losing two friends when Lars appears. He's also been to the pet shop and is carrying a paper bag and pulls out a chicken. Lars grasps the chicken by the legs, holds it over his head, and hurls himself off the cliff and disappears down and down and hits a rock and breaks his spine.

Once more Ole shakes his head...."First der was Sven with his budgie-jumping, den Knute parrot-shooting, and now Lars hen-gliding "

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW2jOA6uIaM

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

hello :wave: lol, guess i qualify for this thread. err... i read gbs every morning before i go to work because it's dumb fun and hell, it's better than reddit! *goes back to lurking*

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sir John Feelgood posted:

hello :wave: lol, guess i qualify for this thread. err... i read gbs every morning before i go to work because it's dumb fun and hell, it's better than reddit! *goes back to lurking*

Dude you post all the time..youve made more threads than me. Some lurker!!!!!

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Tautologicus what can men do to make themselves attractive to women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ths where are you getting this info.. is there really 100+ lurkers reading the brainshit were shoveling out by the truck load???

• Locked thread