Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

panzertape posted:

A bit offtopic: wasnt there Persona V teasered a while ago? Is there already a release date?

Yup, during a big Sony Japan conference a few months ago. "2015". The theme color is red and it probably starts with a dork getting off a train and things getting weird, a first for the series. Also something about oppression. PS3 and PS4. There you're all caught up.

E:
Persona 5 Trailer (PS4): http://youtu.be/Bt4w4TSWC9E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Lunar Suite posted:

Do sub-persona HP and SP autorestore or did I get that wrong? So with a high enough sub-Persona SP I can spam even more Hama and Mudo?

They sure do and you sure can. Think of your sub-persona's HP and SP total as a budget that you're allocated for each fight: you can go over budget for FOEs or to get yourself out of a tough situation, but you should usually be able to get through normal battles with minimal HP/SP loss.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
What level do I want to be before facing the Queen of Hearts on hard mode? I've got everyone at level 9 and just lost my first attempt to SP exhaustion.

panzertape
Nov 5, 2014

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

Yup, during a big Sony Japan conference a few months ago. "2015". The theme color is red and it probably starts with a dork getting off a train and things getting weird, a first for the series. Also something about oppression. PS3 and PS4. There you're all caught up.

E:
Persona 5 Trailer (PS4): http://youtu.be/Bt4w4TSWC9E

Whew thanks a lot mate. What an info shot.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Probably oughtta put something in the OP that says "use whoever you want" because of the sub persona system. I mean it really doesn't seem to matter hardly at all.

Also why are none of you using Akihiko t:mad:

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Is there a Japanese wiki that has complete persona data? I'd like to see what skills they learn before deciding which to transfer during fusion, and especially be able to tell which navi skills any of them get.

For anyone still in the first or second dungeon, Shiisaa is an excellent persona for your navigator. I can't remember which ones they are, but I think it has ~3 navi skills innate or by leveling, so you can stack a bunch on it by fusing one.

Edit: Here's a page with a list of all the sub-personas, with stats and skills.

Armor-Piercing fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Nov 29, 2014

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Put Kanji on the front line a bit into the second Labyrinth, holy goddamn he hits like a truck.

Once you unlock the stat-swap accessories, you can give him an En-Ag reverse ring and he'll hit like a lightning fast truck. It's amazing. :allears:

ZeusJupitar posted:

What level do I want to be before facing the Queen of Hearts on hard mode? I've got everyone at level 9 and just lost my first attempt to SP exhaustion.

I grinded for about two hours and did it at level 11. I think you can handle fighting the FOEs at this point as long as you play defensively, and beating each one gives you a sub-Persona around level 30. You should also consider swapping in a more physical-oriented character, since they don't rely as much on SP to deal damage.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

ZeusJupitar posted:

I did it at 9 on my second attempt with the P4 team.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
There's a nav skill that does 20% heal at the end of battle - do I want that on my labyrinth navigator or my battle navigator? I'm not sure when it kicks in. Or if it matters.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Oh man, the second dungeon's boss is beautiful. Goddamn Atlus, you outdid yourselves on that one. :allears: DID YOU HEAR THE VOICE OF GAWD? BELIEVE, AND YOU WILL BE SAAAAVED! IF NOT, THE SIN IS THIIINE!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

StarkRavingMad posted:

There's a nav skill that does 20% heal at the end of battle - do I want that on my labyrinth navigator or my battle navigator? I'm not sure when it kicks in. Or if it matters.

Battle. You can see it restored immediately as the battle ends.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I just got to the first dungeon boss and man the introduction of the P3 cast was rad as hell. "Oh poo poo I'm exhausted and can't go on" and then out of nowhere Mass Destruction kicks in.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Strange Quark posted:

Battle. You can see it restored immediately as the battle ends.

Thanks!

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Didn't played for long, but so far, I like what I see a lot. Lot of banter, the gameplay is way better than EO1, the only one in the serie I played. Sub-personae in particular is a cool idea. When can I swith difficulty mode, though? Normal mode's too much of a breeze for now.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Iceclaw posted:

Didn't played for long, but so far, I like what I see a lot. Lot of banter, the gameplay is way better than EO1, the only one in the serie I played. Sub-personae in particular is a cool idea. When can I swith difficulty mode, though? Normal mode's too much of a breeze for now.

Right now. System -> Config.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
On Normal, the drop from second FOE in Wonderland just gave me access to an armor that flat-out doubled my defense from 45ish to 99. 8000yen a pop but that's what P-Spots are for.

e: The high-level sub personas aren't as out-of-range when playing on normal and slogging through an FOE but still a welcome break. I was using bottom-tier skills so long I got flashbacks to Persona 3.
e2: Oh god those SP costs. :stonk: I'll take my piddly Zio back, thanks.

e3: I am loving the group date cafe dungeon. Troll.exe is out in full force. Aigis :allears:

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Nov 29, 2014

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Right now. System -> Config.

To finish the thought, you can't do it from inside a dungeon, you have to do it from the out of dungeon menu.

Seriously though, really happy that it's adjustable.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
There's an FOE that spams Mamudoon and Evil smile and Diarahan. You have to beat it for a quest, ugh.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Artix posted:

Oh man, the second dungeon's boss is beautiful. Goddamn Atlus, you outdid yourselves on that one. :allears: DID YOU HEAR THE VOICE OF GAWD? BELIEVE, AND YOU WILL BE SAAAAVED! IF NOT, THE SIN IS THIIINE!

I was going to post about his rad VO too. I like how mechanically it's a throw back to one of the later bosses in nocturne.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Tired Moritz posted:

There's an FOE that spams Mamudoon and Evil smile and Diarahan. You have to beat it for a quest, ugh.

Silence Circle is your friend. So's the Navi ability which cures all ailments and binds on the party for 2 bars (Healing Rain?). The couple times I've fought them it didn't cast Diarahan until very late in the fight, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out it casts it on preset turns.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

Len posted:

I just got to the first dungeon boss and man the introduction of the P3 cast was rad as hell. "Oh poo poo I'm exhausted and can't go on" and then out of nowhere Mass Destruction kicks in.

It would probably have been more effective if you weren't then made to fight another round of Card Soldiers with a party that's less effective than the one you were just using.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ZeusJupitar posted:

It would probably have been more effective if you weren't then made to fight another round of Card Soldiers with a party that's less effective than the one you were just using.

I figured they were fine seeing as they scale to the main characters level when you get them. I had literally no trouble at all but then again it was the P4 cast that swooped in for the "rescue".

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I figured they were fine seeing as they scale to the main characters level when you get them. I had literally no trouble at all but then again it was the P4 cast that swooped in for the "rescue".

My situation was going from ripping through the trash with instakills and ma- spells to plinking away with single target elemental spells. Kind of daft to complain about I know, but it did spoil the moment a bit.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
Accidentally fought a FOE in the second dungeon..and.. it was super easy! I've been reverse fusing level 26+ persona's I got from the first dungeon's FOE's and just mopping up everything with them :getin:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I somehow figured I'd get Teddie.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Got to the end of the 2nd dungeon with Chie.

I'm doing my best to make this as awkward as possible as I'm the P3 guy. I chose the pick up option and I'm losing it because he has this mile long blank stare plastered on him at all times.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Toadsniff posted:

Accidentally fought a FOE in the second dungeon..and.. it was super easy! I've been reverse fusing level 26+ persona's I got from the first dungeon's FOE's and just mopping up everything with them :getin:

yeah those gold cupid dudes aren't really too tough. having a weakness makes a big difference.

Beef Waifu posted:

Yeah, I somehow figured I'd get Teddie.

:smugteddie: :respek: :smugteddie:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

They actually always start at level 12.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
I don't remember Teddie being such a creeper in P4, in PQ he's even more broey than Brosuke is. Seriously Teddie stfu for like two seconds about how cute Rei-chan is uuuggghhh.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got past the second dungeon and man was that an easy boss fight if not funny. I'm at the point where I've gotten a hold on everything and the game's like... still not fun. I'll give it until the end of the game before I finally decide whether I like it or not, but I am not very hopeful.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Oh man, I was about ready to give up when (first dungeon boss) the Queen summoned a fifth set of card soldiers after I'd already exhausted most of my SP, but then Yukari pulled the gently caress through with her reaction attack and sniped the boss for the rest of her health.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Honestly, PQ's biggest weakness is when you take away the most fun part of EO (making a completely customized party) you're not left with..much. The humor and stuff is good but I feel the gameplay really suffers from the characters being built like in Persona rather than getting skill trees to mess with. Kind of a shame but oh well.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
So for the EO vets in this thread, how do the difficulty levels in this compare to other EO games?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Beef Waifu posted:

I got past the second dungeon and man was that an easy boss fight if not funny. I'm at the point where I've gotten a hold on everything and the game's like... still not fun. I'll give it until the end of the game before I finally decide whether I like it or not, but I am not very hopeful.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Honestly, PQ's biggest weakness is when you take away the most fun part of EO (making a completely customized party) you're not left with..much. The humor and stuff is good but I feel the gameplay really suffers from the characters being built like in Persona rather than getting skill trees to mess with. Kind of a shame but oh well.

I agree with both of these things pretty much. I think the Sub-Persona fits the game thematically much better, and in a Persona game you definitely need to switch up your loadouts and abilities, but for an EO-type game I really want EO-type skill trees and the like. As it stands all my characters are nearly interchangeable due to the Sub-Persona system and it really doesn't make me feel like I am having much character growth. I have a ton of party members to choose from and I like more than 5 of them, but nothing is really influencing my choice on who to bring in any game mechanics way and it just leaves me feeling like I don't care who I bring.

The gameplay feels more sluggish than any other EO which is kind of impressive because EO isn't exactly a fast game. Things feel way too HP-sponge-y and it just kinda makes me eh on the game as a whole which is really disappointing.

Also, no Labrys. It is a crossover game, you can add in Labrys for whatever reason you could have come up with. Why didn't you Atlus, why?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

So for the EO vets in this thread, how do the difficulty levels in this compare to other EO games?

Untold Expert was probably the hardest the EO games got. So far this isn't as rough as that, even on Risky.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Labrys and Sho not being in this game is also a big negative, yes.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I'll probably still try to beat it but I should have chosen the P3 cast because I just can't loving take anyone from Persona 4 anymore because they all looped from being endearing to annoying, except Marie who is intentionally bad, therefore good.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
all that said, i like how they've changed up foes so they aren't all either "patrol a set route and ignore the player" or "chase the player". i've only played eo4 and untold but dodging foes in pq actually feels like a puzzle where it really didn't in those games, and i hope they keep that up in later installments.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You tried, step aside, you're denied!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
This game really have cool boss battles though. I wish you can battle them again.

• Locked thread