Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

A misanthrope posted:

good idea

everybody shut up so lowtax can get some sleep

it's okay, I probated speedgem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Lowtax posted:

THANK YOU!!!

That poo poo was exhausting. And no way in hell am I going to click his no-description YouTube links.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

A misanthrope posted:

why were you in a cave, op?

are you a terrorist?

this is racist against terrorists

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Look at this guy all hoity toity living in a cave!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Parallax Scroll posted:

this is racist against terrorists

I'm sorry if I have offended anyone - I was trying to be racist against caves

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Lowtax posted:

Can I get a Lowtax probation for my next post to help with my forums cred?

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Go to HELL Lowtax, I'm tired of your poo poo and I'm standing up for the Everygoon!

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 28, 2014

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
GBS has reached enlightenment and soon will reach nirvana

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

GBS?

Nice place till a man came 'round sellin' 'steens...

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
it got cool for awhile, now it is starting to suck again

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Broenheim posted:

GBS has reached enlightenment and soon will reach nirvana

:rolleyes: more like nerdvana, am I rite?

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
The for real answer is a a bit over a year ago GBS became such groupthink fuckers people were giving away money they were going to use to buy christmas presents for their children so a guy in bumfuck alabama could open a hotdog stand. There was seriously a goon who gave 1500 american dollars to a guy who, surprise surprise, turned out to be pretty racist. The goon gave some half assed justification and if it were a better forum he would have, rightfully, been bullied until he cried. Instead the worst kind of liberal tards agreed it was a cool thing to do and gave the guy thousands of dollars.

The second half of it was a mod in TVIV made a little girl touch his dingdong and people were being banned and probated for bringing it up. Then with these two things the mods just said "gently caress it" and turned GBS into a nomans land that lasted for a few months. Then some minor rules came in like keeping a bunch of dumb poo poo confined to the colorful thread. Now we have this. It's a mean place that lost 2000 people from it's pre NU GBS peak but it's better for the most part. I would be nice if more people posted though.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

MegaGatts posted:

The for real answer is a a bit over a year ago GBS became such groupthink fuckers people were giving away money they were going to use to buy christmas presents for their children so a guy in bumfuck alabama could open a hotdog stand. There was seriously a goon who gave 1500 american dollars to a guy who, surprise surprise, turned out to be pretty racist. The goon gave some half assed justification and if it were a better forum he would have, rightfully, been bullied until he cried. Instead the worst kind of liberal tards agreed it was a cool thing to do and gave the guy thousands of dollars.

The second half of it was a mod in TVIV made a little girl touch his dingdong and people were being banned and probated for bringing it up. Then with these two things the mods just said "gently caress it" and turned GBS into a nomans land that lasted for a few months. Then some minor rules came in like keeping a bunch of dumb poo poo confined to the colorful thread. Now we have this. It's a mean place that lost 2000 people from it's pre NU GBS peak but it's better for the most part. I would be nice if more people posted though.

Source them quotes brother

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

MegaGatts posted:

thats hosed up if its true

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
op the font isnt trebuchet its open sans. ok well im going now cya.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

The Wizard of Poz posted:

op the font isnt trebuchet its open sans. ok well im going now cya.

Am I the only person that is bothered by Chrome's inspector showing you the defined font stack but not the actual rendered font? Not that this is applicable because Open Sans is the only defined font, but still.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Meh Im done posted:

Am I the only person that is bothered by Chrome's inspector showing you the defined font stack but not the actual rendered font? Not that this is applicable because Open Sans is the only defined font, but still.

this has been a frustration for me many times, yes

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

This might not be the GBS you asked for, but this is the GBS you need. Give yourself over to GBS and be remade.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I got probated just after 2.1 got more normalized and have been gone for about 6 months, I'm glad to see where GBS finally ended up.

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes
this gbs is actually fun to read and is not lame with ten lovely megathreads like it was for a few years

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

wow, yes. i a gree whole heartedly

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
i dunno op but the new fonts are kinda hosed up on my browser. someone bolded or italicized something on the previous page and it doesn't show up for me. same with the numbers on the "number of new posts" on bookmarked thread

makes you think

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

Shadow posted:

i dunno op but the new fonts are kinda hosed up on my browser. someone bolded or italicized something on the previous page and it doesn't show up for me. same with the numbers on the "number of new posts" on bookmarked thread

makes you think

i think your computer might be a homo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Craiglen posted:

Genuine question. Trebuchet? Really?

lost alot of rules, got kinda fun to post in

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Cyra posted:

lmao you read threads from games

:smug: af about it too

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Gbs was dead. It got better.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Gbs was dead. It got better.

GBS is dead. GBS remains dead. And we have killed it.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

im dead

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

fine. now be quiet.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

gbs is like fyad without the jokes

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008
I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Source them quotes brother

Nah

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
If I recall, GBS had like a "Hey let's just loving act like FYAD for a day" and no one listened to the mods when they said stop.

Now it's the wild west of SA, including how it smells.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

nullEntityRNG posted:

If I recall, GBS had like a "Hey let's just loving act like FYAD for a day" and no one listened to the mods when they said stop.

wow. Crazy stuff. Just insane

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

nullEntityRNG posted:

we also made jokes that didn't take a four year course to get.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
GBS is good, as is Craiglen.

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.
It's weird how GBS is good now, but it's pretty much a ghost town. Like, come on people. Come have fun you turbo nerds

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

MegaGatts posted:

It's weird how GBS is good now, but it's pretty much a ghost town. Like, come on people. Come have fun you turbo nerds

Is reading endless "I'm gay" and "I poo poo out of my rear end", etc. posts in every thread fun?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

The Dennis System posted:

Is reading endless "I'm gay" and "I poo poo out of my rear end", etc. posts in every thread fun?

um if this is true that's p. hosed up

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Christmas Present posted:

um if this is true that's p. hosed up

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

im gaaaaay
i poo poo out my assssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss