Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Lowtax posted:

Come on guys, we need to start posting about current events and news and argue about them nonstop!!!

Okay I'll start: what's the deal with Ferguson?!? I mean, seriously? Come on, people!!!

this but unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i enjoy posting about politics on the internet, but in a style more casual than the debate and discussion forum. is that so wrong

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i do, and will continue to do so. thanks for your understanding

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

MegaGatts posted:

The for real answer is a a bit over a year ago GBS became such groupthink fuckers people were giving away money they were going to use to buy christmas presents for their children so a guy in bumfuck alabama could open a hotdog stand. There was seriously a goon who gave 1500 american dollars to a guy who, surprise surprise, turned out to be pretty racist. The goon gave some half assed justification and if it were a better forum he would have, rightfully, been bullied until he cried. Instead the worst kind of liberal tards agreed it was a cool thing to do and gave the guy thousands of dollars.

The second half of it was a mod in TVIV made a little girl touch his dingdong and people were being banned and probated for bringing it up. Then with these two things the mods just said "gently caress it" and turned GBS into a nomans land that lasted for a few months. Then some minor rules came in like keeping a bunch of dumb poo poo confined to the colorful thread. Now we have this. It's a mean place that lost 2000 people from it's pre NU GBS peak but it's better for the most part. I would be nice if more people posted though.

thats hosed up if its true

• Locked thread