Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
from a nashville perspective, it's easily one of their worst games this season. oilers are limiting chances well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
ice time leader jschultz scratched, oilers suddenly good at limitimg chances

HMM

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Oilers have had the better of this game, this could be it...

Atleast it will take the pressure off of all the other teams in the west.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
number 1 defenseman justin schultz :v:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
draisaitl has looked swell this game too

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

he's really made some nice plays.

the powerplay *has* to score here, right?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Trevor Bird posted:

he's really made some nice plays.

the powerplay *has* to score here, right?

Oilers

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

worst powerplay on earth

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

That powerplay was a mess, they're almost better off without it.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
a pre-ot ot

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

Starsfan posted:

That powerplay was a mess, they're almost better off without it.

30 something in a row they haven't scored on at home. it's really god awful. lavy has no idea what to do with it.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

loving idiot

**I'm sorry I have money on this game. :(

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
oilers have now at least doubled the points they've gotten from west teams this year

is it just me or is the nashville ice really yellow from the overhead faceoff shot

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Man Forsberg has so much patience and his feet just don't seem to stop moving when he's in possession of the puck in the offensive zone.

Seconding that Draisitl has looked pretty good this game too

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

:suicide:

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

Pillbug
Penalty shot whaaaat

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Big pecker save

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Rinne is God.

Is it just me, or does Jones just not look good tonight?

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

rinne shouldn't have to steal a game for you against the oilers

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
shots 36-24 for edmonton??

rinne :argh:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
:sigh:

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
maybe next time, edmonton

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

And your Still-Winless-Against-The-West Oilers!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Awwww poor Oilers. Didn't deserve to lose tonight.

It must be comforting to Nashville fans that

a) their team is pretty good this year

but

b) If they revert to sucking rear end (as they did tonight) they can still go back to the old-school way Nashville won games by having Rinne steal every point for them.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
My Lord Forsberg what a move

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

forsberg is incredible. oh my god.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
filip forsberg: pretty good, george mcphee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
nikitin lead ice time with 25:18, almost two minutes more than any other oilers player

why

• Locked thread