Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Packers-Lions NFCCG at Lambeau. I don't even care what happens after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Wanvig posted:

He played a little last week, but has missed practices this week because he said he reaggravated his knee injury in the game. I don't listen to sports radio so I don't have the best grasp of the atmosphere in Houston fandom, but there's been more than a little talk about Clowney's work ethic. He allegedly held himself out of extra games after doctors cleared him to play when he'd recovered from his Week 1 injury, prompting Bill O'Brien to start calling him "Dr. Clowney". Then last night in a press conference he dropped another frustrated "I'll have to consult Dr. Clowney" comment when asked about his status this week.

As I said I have no idea how much of this is sports media trying to make something out of nothing, but it is frustrating for your #1 overall pick to only play parts of two games this season. I wonder what he'd be like if our lovely field hadn't have taken him down.

Congrats, you somehow regurgitated the most sports media-esque hot take of this whole situation somehow without even listening in. :psyduck:

Clowney's knee swelling up on him isn't something he can control, and he never missed a game in college so it's not like he has this history of being injured. If you want any insight to his work ethic as an issue, look up @PatDStat on Twitter; he does film breakdown of Texans games with Vines. His take is that the narrative on Clowney's work ethic or lack thereof is just that: a narrative. Even the "Dr. Clowney" thing is just O'Brien making a joke about the uncertainty of the player's status before a game. He did the same thing with Foster more than a month ago, as well as Swearinger back in September.

Anyways, my personal hope for a perfect finish to the season would be a combination of the rookies improving, finally winning the Indianapolis away game, and Watt winning DPOY if not outright MVP.

bhsman fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 29, 2014

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
Even if we could somehow pass Indy, we have no quaterback and would get destroyed in the playoffs, the only thing to still hope for this season is players healing and getting a good quarterback someday, so...

Every game JJ Watt gets his hands on the ball at least once (either defensively or offensively) and we get to watch him run it in for a touchdown while stiff-arming and just loving leveling everyone who gets in his way like they are little children.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

zeroprime posted:

Even if we could somehow pass Indy, we have no quaterback and would get destroyed in the playoffs, the only thing to still hope for this season is players healing and getting a good quarterback someday, so...

Every game JJ Watt gets his hands on the ball at least once (either defensively or offensively) and we get to watch him run it in for a touchdown while stiff-arming and just loving leveling everyone who gets in his way like they are little children.

Yeah, once Mallett went on IR and we lost to the Bengals, any outside shot at the playoffs to me lost priority to just having the team and rookies improve in lieu of next season, especially considering the amount of training camp reps Xavier and JD lost due to school and injury, respectively.

If we somehow still got in, awesome, but that would exceed my expectations for the year that I had before the season started.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
- Arizona and Detroit get to earn byes
- Dallas vs Philadelphia Part III in the Wild Card
- Atlanta goes 5-0 in-division and 0-10 out...but lose to Carolina in Week 17
- Green Bay make it because Rodgers is cool

- Dallas upsets Philly so Romo gets some damned love from the media, and they head to Arizona
- Green Bay wins and heads to Detroit

- Arizona whoops Dallas with their stifling defense
- Detroit whoops Green Bay with their stifling defense

- Arizona wins a thrilling overtime match to set up the hometown Super Bowl

- Denver and New England earn byes
- Cleveland wins their first division in forever
- Watt, with some Clowney help, storms to a division title
- Pittsburgh and Baltimore sneak in because AFC North surpremacy

- Cleveland avenges close to two decades of angst with a Wild Card win vs Baltimore
- Pittsburgh win a thrilling overtime match without controversial calls

- Cleveland upsets Denver to exorcise the ghosts of the 80s
- Pittsburgh upsets New England to finally win in the playoffs vs Brady, and put a dent in Foxboro mystique

- Pittsburgh wins a thrilling double-overtime match in Cleveland, which somehow ends with both fanbases not turning on each other, and sets up many years of Pit vs Cle AFC CGs

- Pittsburgh wins a thrilling Super Bowl in Arizona, featuring Antonio Brown dragging a single toe in the back corner of the end-zone while one-handing the 43-yard touchdown pass thrown by Roethlisberger while emerging from the grasp of several Cardinals rushers with 0:00 on the clock to make the final score 23-21. Polamalu and Harrison and Keisel and LeBeau retire on top. Also I have 3/1 in Super Bowl Squares.

- Cleveland wins Super Bowl in 2016 vs Detroit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Rams making it to .500 somehow

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

bhsman posted:

Congrats, you somehow regurgitated the most sports media-esque hot take of this whole situation somehow without even listening in. :psyduck:

Ha, my friends listen so it's impossible to avoid even if I try. Not that it's hard to predict, anyway.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Jim Harbaugh spontaneously combusts after Kaepernick throws a game-ending pick against the Raiders. Greg Roman is caught in the blast zone and burns long and hot because he's a fat dirty grease fire.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Packers get the first seed and don't have to play the SF in the playoffs. Shawn Slocum gets fired/launched into the sun.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

- JJ Watt takes a snap at quarterback
- Texans win in Indy
- John McClain gets chronic laryngitis that somehow affects his entire body and never speaks, types, or writes again

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Either the Packers win the Super Bowl, or their defense gets so embarrassed in a playoff game that Dom Capers is drawn and quartered

nbzl
Apr 5, 2002

Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon.

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

The Raiders need to lose out and clinch the #1 pick. The Jags, Titans, and Bucs all need to win a few games so that the teams with the #2 and #3 picks are ones that are willing to trade up to make sure they get their quarterback and the Raiders don't have to drop too far and can grab the best non-QB in the draft.

Also the Broncos need to lose enough games so that they drop into the wild card round and do not get a bye and that the Chiefs win the division. The Chargers miss the playoffs entirely. The Broncos get humiliated by the Colts/Ravens/Bengals and Manning retires in shame. The Chiefs blow another massive lead in the playoffs to the Dolphins and collapse in hilarious fashion. The next round the upstart Dolphins dispatch the Patriots with ease and after that I don't really care who wins because it won't be any of the teams I really hate.

All of this verbatim. However since I live in the Bay Area it'd be nice to beat the 49ers only for bragging rights.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I just want Cam to make it through the season without being irreversibly broken (aka going full Delhomme).

I'd think that isn't too much to ask but two or three more Eagles-esque "performances" by the offensive line and it is possible.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

- John McClain gets chronic laryngitis that somehow affects his entire body and never speaks, types, or writes again

He'll only be capable of sending tweets one letter at a time, all of which spells out 'T-E-X-A-N-S S-H-O-U-L-D H-I-R-E B-R-I-L-E-S A-N-D T-R-A-D-E 4 R-G-3.'

All of it will be retweeted dutifully by Brian Smith. :suicide:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

The Raiders need to lose out and clinch the #1 pick. The Jags, Titans, and Bucs all need to win a few games so that the teams with the #2 and #3 picks are ones that are willing to trade up to make sure they get their quarterback and the Raiders don't have to drop too far and can grab the best non-QB in the draft.

Also the Broncos need to lose enough games so that they drop into the wild card round and do not get a bye and that the Chiefs win the division. The Chargers miss the playoffs entirely. The Broncos get humiliated by the Colts/Ravens/Bengals and Manning retires in shame. The Chiefs blow another massive lead in the playoffs to the Dolphins and collapse in hilarious fashion. The next round the upstart Dolphins dispatch the Patriots with ease and after that I don't really care who wins because it won't be any of the teams I really hate.

This, but we're relying on the Dolphins not to blow it :/

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

how is there a two page thread where for everyone except like 8 or so teams the answer is "winning the goddamn super bowl"

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

how is there a two page thread where for everyone except like 8 or so teams the answer is "winning the goddamn super bowl"

Because the difference is that not everyone wants to win the Super Bowl the same way. Some of us are normal people who want to crush our rivals. And some of us are Kawalimus who are unhappy unless we win the super bowl in a very specific way.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Dolphins hire a quality head coach, or at least one whose prior job experience couldn't be best described as "Administrative Assistant, Football Operations"

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

we haven't had a winning season in 11 years. baby steps

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

The Patriots beat the Giants so decisively in the super bowl that a force ripples backwards through time and changes the 2007 and 2011 SBs to Patriots victories. After which all New York sports teams + Stanford are disbanded and laws enacted to prevent them from ever starting again.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

axeil posted:

Because the difference is that not everyone wants to win the Super Bowl the same way. Some of us are normal people who want to crush our rivals. And some of us are Kawalimus who are unhappy unless we win the super bowl in a very specific way.

i guess im dumb cause ive made like a billion posts jacking off to the idea of the bengals destroying carson palmer in the super bowl, but now he's hurt so its not the same

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Dolphins hire a quality head coach, or at least one whose prior job experience couldn't be best described as "Administrative Assistant, Football Operations"

I honestly have very few issues with Philbin this year. If our defense didn't collapse a few times late, we'd be 9-2.

Also, the game plans and adjustments are always really solid. It's just been execution holding us back.

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

There's 5 weeks left. Most people know that, while if they can get in, they have a puncher's chance, and it might not happen this year.

So, with that in mind, what would be an ideal end to the season? I've seen how the Lions did against the #1 seeds, and they lost to both of em.

I want Lambeau, for all the marbles. If they can't get over that wall, they deserve nothing more than what they get.

I want an end to all the jokes. I want the Lions to stuff one down their throats. It probably won't happen, but we'll see.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

The Vikings are not *mathematically* eliminated yet..,

...come back in 3 hours

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Texans fan

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I would like for the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl and for Jason Garrett to be fired.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I want a tied record going into Lambeau, all the glory on the line

STAFFORD 1/37 4INT 1FUM

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Top Hats Monthly posted:

STAFFORD 1/37 4INT 1FUM

And somehow they win anyway.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

smokyprogg posted:

Dan Snyder dies.

1. Above
2. The defense keeps getting shredded, leading to Jim Haslett finally being fired.
3. RG3 returns to his rookie season form somehow, someway.
4. The team keeps losing, leading to a high draft pick and Bruce Allen being fired.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

MIA - Lose
@MIN - Lose
@TEN - Lose
NE - Lose
@MIA - Win, because lol Dolphins

Still in decent position to draft a QB. If both of them are gone, RG3 it up because gently caress it why not.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

MIA - Lose
@MIN - Lose
@TEN - Lose
NE - Lose
@MIA - Win, because lol Dolphins

Still in decent position to draft a QB. If both of them are gone, RG3 it up because gently caress it why not.

I'd be ok with this though at this point I'll take just losing out in the most horrific way possible to ensure that pretty much everyone who is employed by the team is fired other than like Wilkerson and Richardson.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Really?

I'll take any reality where Cleveland makes the playoffs.

There's that old saying about "Beggars can't be choosers". Well, this is definitely correct in our case.

Get us there and let us start to build this team so we're no longer an embarrassment to pro football.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

STAFFORD 1/37 4INT 1FUM

Not even worse than a Real Live Actual Geno Smith Performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

tranime scholar posted:

Rams Cowboys making it to .500 somehow

Fixed

• Locked thread