Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

One would think if that you're going to spend a bunch of time working on then/now photography you'd invest some actual effort getting the angles right instead of "gently caress it, close enough."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

thetzar posted:

Ok, yeah, the name was poorly chosen and the angles aren't exact. But are we supposed to be making GBS threads on this work? Because I don't want to poo poo on this work. I dig it.

There's some bad work in there, like putting an iphone on a table with the current weather on the screen and taking a picture of it. Why bother?

But there is some curious stuff in there too. I guess they all can't be zingers.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also loves buses and out of focus wildlife.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

"This shot is slightly blurred by camera motion - but you try to get a 400mm shot at 1/40th second!"

You know there's a fix for that, bud.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's okay, the light and angles were the photographer's choice.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I would argue that the only people who are enthusiastic about the swastika are also enthusiastic about Nazis, no matter how enthusiastically they argue that "it was originally a symbol of peace!" and is therefore still a noble emblem.

I mean maybe it is, I'm not trying to debate that. But their motivations are suspect.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

nice feeling of mario kart there steffan

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The secret is to stop using flickr. They're pretty good with the actual image hosting part of their job but the community blows rear end.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This is why the internet is awesome.

Terrible things become amazing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

He opened himself up to nitpicking details when he went ballistic about his copyright and started blabbing about his professional career as if it gives his opinion more merit than anyone else's.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ExecuDork posted:

Is that the photographer in the reflection in the window? Where did this idea come from that you have to be looking away from your camera and away from what you're shooting in order to make a great shot? lovely "amazing!!11!!!!1!" photos and making-of-lovely-amazing-photos series often seem to show this.

Don't think so, think that's someone inside the restaurant.

You can see the photographer's reflection though, he's wearing blue.

I want to know why that dude is so angry about a chess game that is apparently three moves old.

Also it's nice to have confirmation that the secret to getting onto "best of" lists is producing uninspired clones of poo poo that everyone else does.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Wouldn't be the first time someone looked at their referrer logs on flickr and started interacting with goons.

Didn't the last thread of this nature have someone sign up and get into a slapfight?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The really sad part is how reddit stumbled over itself debating whether the subject even needed photoshopping. And so a bunch of internet nerds scoured the internet looking for an alternate picture to confirm whether or not she is sufficiently attractive.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

akadajet posted:

There's no way to use the clarity slider tastefully.

Yes there is, just never take it higher than 10.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dude needs to be kicked in the shins just for pretending he doesn't know HDR.

"LOL that's straight out of the camera guys, that's just nature for you!!!" :downs:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

50 megapickles, still comes out fuzzy. Guess they should have bought a lens with a higher quality focusing ring.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Geektox posted:

I've seen Max Gor's likes on just completely random photos I've found in random groups so there's no way he's not using some kind of script, does that kinda poo poo actually work? And why??

It was discussed around here recently, might have been in this thread even. Basically it's a social network, and links work. You fire off a bot that randomly likes new photos, maybe that photo creator will wonder who you are, and click on your name. Boom your pictures get more views, which is the epeen currency of flickr.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A rare case where the responses are better than the original post.

A little predictable, but amusing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Too bad the error is operator error. He was probably sprinting to the clusterfuck of humanity while taking pictures.

I mean yeah the iphone has glacial focus speed but if you just stand still for a second it'll do a better job than that.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just imagine how long she practiced that in front of a mirror to make sure she got the same look every single time.

A true professional!

Used to hawk lovely fast food.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

In a world without shadows, only one man was brave enough to document it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Anyone who accepts such a commission should have their computer ground into a paste and poured down their throat.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's a bit creepy, album after album of completely worthless vacation photos.. then suddenly, TITS!!

Though I guess chronologically he starts with nudes then moved onto completely worthless vacation photos, but that's not how flickr orders things. It's almost a timeline of the guy going from young and desirable to an old fat gently caress that ladies don't want to expose themselves to anymore.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Apparently SimCity 6 has a lot of work left before it's ready.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Was nervous about clicking, thinking it might be one of those people that marry their car.

I still regret clicking, but only because the pictures were so bad.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Especially when the gear is designed to only function with one brand and it commonly costs thousands of dollars.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The best part by far is his off center avatar, the world's derpiest voyeur.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

- Nice pics you got in here.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I really wish SLRs had a feature where it could detect that it was taking a picture of a mirror with the user making a deep and emotional expression, then detonate the battery on the spot.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Soopafly posted:

Most of those humans, babies included, look like they want to be put out of their misery.

Pretty sure the baby is already dead.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Stacked exposures of a moving subject is certainly a new one.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

flickr is pretty unique for the internet, you can be obsessed over any obscure thing and it's a guarantee there's someone else out there posting pictures with the same obsession. The really unique bit though is that these all co-exist without ever really encountering each other so you don't even get the raging flamewars that pop up on places like facebook or youtube.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think the point is it's not the subject that matters, it's the execution. At least the goon gas station squad put effort into a pleasant exposure, unlike mr bus that leaves his camera on auto and uploads four thousand photos with absolutely zero growth between the first image and the newest one.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gotta love a group with 8500 members and zero photos. Been waiting for years with a box of kleenex and not getting any fulfillment.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's been HDR'd and every single person in there is in an unflattering pose.

Should have been rejected on the first pass through the import.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That baby's eyes pleading for someone to kill her and end the torture.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Claims "the object of interest is in astonishing sharpness" and uploads a bunch of small jpegs with fuzzy subjects.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I didn't need a watermark to convince me not to steal them.

I think his camera is physically incapable of getting a face in focus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Based on some of the other pictures in that album he should have given up that fight about 10 years ago because drat dude, babies come out of the womb with more fuzz than that.

Every single one of those photos belongs in this thread too. How desperate would you have to be to pay for garbage like that?