Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

ansel autisms posted:

why is the desk cut off, too? take a step back for christ's sake

Trump demands his photographer use the bigliest lens possible. The photographer was fully zoomed out and standing against the wall outside the doorway when the picture was taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
We’ve entered the phase of ironic photography

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I've never been invited to any Flickr group. :( I feel like I'm not a real photographer until I do.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

This is great because it draws my eye away from the president.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

jarlywarly posted:

It has a cell phone look, where on a small screen it looks okay but on a real monitor it's mushy. Also the subject needs a bit more space around the edges.

Yeah I'd prefer it be quite a bit wider, it feels surprisingly claustrophobic. That being said, I feel like it's pretty good going by this thread's standards. The subject is clear, mostly in focus, and the saturation is only moderately cranked up.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

xzzy posted:

Nah, it's pretty bad if it's getting "SHOULD BE IN A MUSEUM" type comments from some photography group.

There's a subject but no focal point or lines or interest so your eye wanders around wondering what the gently caress the photographer wanted you to look at. The pond is ugly with poo poo floating in it and the branches on the right edge demonstrate the photographer didn't give a crap about framing. The whole image is a cluttered mess and going wider is only going to bring more distractions in.

Some dweeb was walking around and was all "ohh, pink clouds!" and plopped their tripod into the pond full of confidence that SKY COLORS would get them internet fame.

There might be a good photo in there somewhere, using the four trees to frame something might be worth a try but I ain't seeing it.

Oh yeah I didn't mean to imply the picture was GOOD, just compared to the usual stuff posted in this thread it isn't completely terrible.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
To be fair to idiots on twitter, not a lot of people really "get" how photography works and what real photos look like compared to edited ones. A lot of people think photography just boils down to "happen to be in the right place at the right time, point phone / expensive-looking DSLR at cool looking thing and press button" and better photos are just the result of being at a better place at a better time.

Also while those are definitely hosed up beyond belief color-wise, at least they're evoking a specific feeling similar to a vaporwave drawing. I think it's fine to explore different moods with unrealistic colors, I mean poo poo that's kind of what black and white is. The first photo has garbage composition but the second one is at least passingly laid out imo. They're not amazing but they're at least better than the loving blurry wine photo.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
From the cursed images thread:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Wafflecopper posted:

crossposting from the cspam election thread to dorkroom

Frankly it's almost impressive how everything except the drink is in focus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/guydebort/status/1483200490796109826?t=Z_LYXGkAyHrvY6WMlFVEFQ&s=19