Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Like one of those baby-face aliens from Prometheus...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

xzzy posted:

This one is kinda fun, flickr's doing a "post your best photo from 2018" thing. There's some good stuff in there, but there's a lot of really poo poo stuff too. It's curious to see what people select as their own best.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/yourbestshot2018/pool/

It also makes me super concerned about my ability to judge my own photos. Like, what if I'm as dumb as they are? :ohdear:

Nice errrrr photo?

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

jarlywarly posted:

I mean people do do bad composites using original photos they've taken, mainly photoshopping the moon back into the images.

But I doubt the person that made these images photographed any part of it, the mushrooms are very well taken.

To me the frustrating thing about the mushroom and frog image is that the badly added frog really detracts from the image. It's just so jarring, and as you mentioned the mushrooms by themselves are a great image.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Lysandus posted:

Is it just me or is there something wrong with this. I'm not professional, but according to the FB group this guy keeps posting too, these works of art should be framed and in a museum.

Having the reflection more or less directly in the middle of the frame is kinda boring and having the tops of the trees on the bottom of the frame cut off feels strange to me. Also the whole thing looks kinda soft but not in a 'dreamy' way, more mushy. And they've definitely pushed the red/pink enough to make it look unnatural.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

xzzy posted:

It's easy to let people die up until you're the one in the ICU getting oxygen pumped into your lungs at pressures high enough to burst the little sacs our bodies use to absorb said oxygen.

The issue is more that if you don't do anything to reduce the rate of spread there will be no ICU bed or ventilator for you because they'll all be occupied, so you get to drown to death at home or in the hospital hallways.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Lol at people earnestly replying to that tweet with an actual preference between the two...

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Looks like they already took that link down? Because it goes to a different article now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Lol yeah the copy is noticeably and obviously worse when viewed side by side.