Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what's erryone up to?
This poll is closed.
work :( 13 1.78%
doin' some stuff around the house 14 1.92%
chillin 16 2.19%
chillin real hard 11 1.51%
hail satan 676 92.60%
Total: 49 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I snyped a shitton of meat by way of hot pot, a good end to the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

2:53 AM on Monday? Shut this poo poo down.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

oh poo poo what with all the festive times and whatnot i forgot about this thread

this weekend: chilling before leaving for a few days on monday.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Where are you going?

I'll be playing a game of warhammer tonight

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.
I added lunges to my workout on Thursday after never doing lunges before in my life and now I walk like Frankenstein's loving Monster.

hail satan

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i bought a big rear end watch

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

bobmarleysghost posted:

Where are you going?

I'll be playing a game of warhammer tonight

vancouver. christmas with family.

edit: just pretend i made some joke about the warhammer thing, but if i receive any less than like half a dozen microcontrollers as gifts this christmas i'd be real surprised, so i can't really nerd shame you

SoundMonkey fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 21, 2014

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

SoundMonkey posted:

edit: just pretend i made some joke about the warhammer thing, but if i receive any less than like half a dozen microcontrollers as gifts this christmas i'd be real surprised, so i can't really nerd shame you

Vancity represent.

Hey man, it's not even my set. My friend wants to get into it so we're using his sets to practice.

We didn't end up playing, just drank.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

speaking of vancity, who wants to get drunk with me on christmas eve?

(by which i mean christmas eve afternoon, gotta get my shopping done)

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Just ended the weekend with Empire Strikes Back, original version, after a bunch of Belgian beers.

Finished the Christmas shopping today too, not so much of a crush in the city surprisingly.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
I made a really cool thing out of lego and my kids smashed it for fun.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

http://petapixel.com/2014/12/21/the...%28PetaPixel%29

someone buy this

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
/\/\/\ Yes, gently caress yes! Somebody get that thing and come to the Northern Prairies - even with a teleconverter there'd be enough light for snowies!

I drove with my GF from Saskatoon to Calgary. Calgary does not have winter this year, apparently, there's liquid water in the ditches and it's not even cold out.

Western Saskatchewan and eastern Alberta is this year's Snowy Owl habitat - we saw 8 between Marengo and Hanna, on powerlines beside the road in bright clear sunlight. So I took a bunch of poorly-focused, badly-composed photos.

Now I get to edit them on my work laptop (filthy, filthy thing) in a big ol' easy chair at my parents' house. My parents bought a brand-new Chevy, and my first instinct is to take a bunch of glamour shots of it and post them in AI. I might have a problem with teh intarwub.

ExecuDork fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 21, 2014

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

Hail Satan.

Went to a Christmas party and impressed everyone with my Cards against humanity cards that have my real name on them.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

SoundMonkey posted:

speaking of vancity, who wants to get drunk with me on christmas eve?

(by which i mean christmas eve afternoon, gotta get my shopping done)

I would but I'm going on vacation the day before. Portlandgoons have photobeers but Vancitygoons never do what's up with that

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Geektox posted:

I would but I'm going on vacation the day before. Portlandgoons have photobeers but Vancitygoons never do what's up with that

i was also largely kidding, unless i bump into someone with a I <3 DORKROOM shirt at the mall (in which case i will avoid them)

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I got a dogge

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
Postin' in the weekend thread from work... :getin:

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

SoundMonkey posted:

Same.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

8th-snype posted:

I got a dogge

name??? naaaammmmeee??

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

8th-snype posted:

I got a dogge

No respectable PNW-er should be without dog, congrats!

I just ordered like enough Indian food for 4 people and I'm going to eat all of it.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I took my telephoto gear to the other side of the country. As soon as I stepped outside, I got buzzed by a Great Blue Heron and an Anna's Hummingbird. Holy poo poo!

Then I picked up my tele, and every loving bird just disappeared.

I got a picture of a bee on a flower, and this A380 overhead. According to Flightaware, it's heading for Korea.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

DJExile posted:

name??? naaaammmmeee??

Keera

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

HI KEERA

HOPE YOUR DOG WEEKEND IS GOOD

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SoundMonkey posted:

HI KEERA

HOPE YOUR DOG WEEKEND IS GOOD

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Hit something on my road bike Sunday that was just enough to bend my wheel further out of round that I can't use it anymore. Gonna take it to my local bike shop but I'm not optimistic, it'll need to be pulled/pounded back into shape and apparently lots of places don't like to do that anymore due to liability concerns.

Replacement wheel will probably cost more than I paid for the bike, moving in a month, so may just quit riding in the interim :smith:

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Front or rear wheel? If it's a front, you can pick one up for cheap. If it's a rear, get a new rim and salvage the freehub.

I know some cyclists who use these as cheap winter winter training wheels:

http://bikeisland.com/cgi-bin/BKTK_STOR20.cgi?Action=Details&ProdID=1450

Heavy, but rugged and cheap:

quote:

They're basically indestructible - I've put close to ten thousand miles on mine this year, with three crashes (one serious) and they haven't needed any work at all. And if, for some reason, they every *do* need work, you can probably just replace the entire set for cheaper than it'd be at service. Because it's like $110 for the whole set

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Satan's gonna have some funny shaped bokeh with his 5-bladed aperture.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

mods are hungover

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ansel autisms posted:

mods are hungover

actually i'm not, it's a christmas miracle

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Bubbacub posted:

SatanCanon's gonna have some funny shaped bokeh with his 5-bladed aperture.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Parked very poorly today, had a bit more of an adventure with my not-really-the-last-minute christmas shopping. On the plus side, the Calgary Municipal Impound Yard is very close to a C-train station and the police officers there were polite and professional. The same reason for this thread's current title is what got me in trouble: normal people still go home from work on a Monday afternoon so you can't leave your car there, dumbass. Wait, it's Monday? Feels like all weekend to me.

MEC needs to step up their game, they were out of lots of things and their clothing is spread between "mildly overpriced but decent" and "gold-plated snowboard wear".

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

ExecuDork posted:

MEC needs to step up their game, they were out of lots of things and their clothing is spread between "mildly overpriced but decent" and "gold-plated snowboard wear".

I went to the MEC near me, and they didn't have a hat. So I ordered it online and chose to have to it shipped to the store. It came in like a week and a half. Look into that if you want. Free shipping that way.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Free shipping is easy - spend more than $50 (i.e., buy one thing) and it's free. I'm not actually needing or wanting anything at the moment, it's hard to get inspired by consumerist lust even in a candy store like MEC when I know that I've already solved pretty much all of my winter/camping-gear-related problems.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

PC230034.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

PC230038.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

PC230039.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

PC230049.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

PC230051.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

PC230055.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

PC230060.jpg by MrDespair, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU