Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I did it 8 years ago. My vision at the time in my left eye was immeasurable. The doctor kept giving me slides and I was like, too easy..next. So he gets to one and I rattle off the letters. Next.

Next, he says, would be getting out of the chair and moving five feet behind it. My left eye was better than 20/10. My right eye was right around 20/20. Effectively, without an eye blocks I could see 20/15.

I tested my eyes last year. Still 20/15.

Get lasers in your eyes you pathetic chickenshit cheapskates. It's one of the best investments you will ever make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Girls don't give a gently caress about glasses. That's not a reason to be cheap.
Contacts suck. If you think they don't it's because you are used to them sucking and forgot how much they suck.
Glasses are worse.

Laser surgery is awesome.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Breast implants suck. No one likes them.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Lotta faggots in this thread. Unfortunately, they are so myopic they can't see the truth.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
No they don't. They make you look like a poor who can't afford lasik.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Das Boo posted:

My optometrist

This is BS. Optometrists will almost always tell you not to do it. Why? Cuz if you do it, they lose business.

I hear this over and over and over. "My optometrist said no." Did you talk to a laser surgeon? "No." Then you are a fucktard idiot.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The Mad Archivist posted:

lol yes, not listen to the one party with vested interest in favor of another party with a vested interest, and you claim to not be the fucktarded idiot in the equation

No. If you talk to a laser surgeon they will actually tell you if you are qualified. If you can't do it, they will tell you. I've heard that from a few people, as well.

It's not in their interest to perform surgeries for people who aren't able to have them safely.

Now who is the fucktard idiot? Yeah, you who must post about poo poo they don't know about.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Binge posted:

My last eye exam, 5 or 6 years ago they said LASIK would only lessen my prescription, and I'd still need glasses. I have pretty bad astigmatism. Has the technology emerged that will give me superman eyes yet?

Don't talk to an optometrist. Actually go to the surgeon and talk to them.

One is an expert. The other has a business where they sell you glasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The Mad Archivist posted:

agreed. also if your back is hosed up go to a chiropractor, doctors are just scam artists. and you would not believe the poo poo I've dug up about vaccines

STFU. You don't know what you are talking about.

There is a big difference between a SURGEON and a doctor.

This is nothing about quackery. The optometrists are not experts. The surgeons are. Don't get laser advice from an optometrist. They will almost never tell you it is a good idea. The surgeon will tell you what you can actually expect.

I had astigmatism in both eyes.

• Locked thread