Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Helmholz posted:

Goons, what are you reasons for not saving up for LASIK? For those of you who have had it done, what do you enjoy most about not having to wear glasses anymore?

because I was told it was basically trading my shortsightedness for farsightedness, idiot

Helmholz posted:

* Not having to walk around in the rain with my head held down to prevent water from getting on my lenses

get an umbrella u fukkn scrub :laffo:

Helmholz posted:

* Being able to see my own feet in the shower (It sounds kinda weird, I know. But being able to see 100% of the time feels loving amazing)

lasik won't cure your fatness

Helmholz posted:

* Being able to stand around outside in the freezing cold (Wisconsin winter) and then being able to go inside without my glasses fogging the gently caress out and rendering me blind for as long as it takes for them to warm up
* I feel more confident - Probably not as important as the rest, but I'm certain it's what people who undergo other types of cosmetic surgeries feel as well

you feel more confident but you live in wisconsin. still owned

Helmholz posted:

* I can wear sunglasses anytime I want without having to pay for prescription lenses / having to swap them out for specs anytime I went indoors

transition lenses, bithc. get on my level

Helmholz posted:

* The feeling of waking up in the morning and seeing everything clearly without having to reach over and put on my glasses

:qq: I too hate being inconvenienced for a period of less than 2 seconds every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ghetto wormhole posted:

How much did it cost you? I'd love to get lasik but I'm poor and my parents won't pay. Doesn't sound like my eyes are as bad as yours though.

Helmholz posted:

$3000 USD

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
OP is trying to become the Three Olives of LASIK

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Dead Precedents posted:

Your eyes are goin' to get infected as gently caress. I learned that early on. Take that poo poo out nightly.

my dad has a story. back in college he woke up to hear his roommate in the bathroom, yelling and screaming. he went to check it out and he was in the bathroom, clawing at his eyes, because the contacts had gotten encrusted in there and hurt like poo poo

contacts are the only thing more retarded than lasik, lol

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Dead Precedents posted:

That shits fine as long as you don't sleep in the fuckers. They even have daily ones you just pop in and then throw away.

I'm dubious about picking up a habit that more or less forces me to suppress my instinct to not stick poo poo in my eyes

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Parts Kit posted:

I will not be satisfied with laser eye surgery until there is a surgery that lets my eyes shoot lasers.

:agreed:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

StickyNavels posted:

I did get infected once, many years ago. I changed my routine when my eyes healed. But then I got new and thinner lenses that breathed better and I reverted to my old lovely ways.

That's a horrible sensation, isn't it? I dunno man, it's only happened to me with freshly-applied lenses. And some brands dehydrate less than others.

I can't feel the lenses. I forget they're there. I mean, I know they're there - but they're way too easy to ignore.

eagerly awaiting your "I have self-inflicted blindness, AMA" thread

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Waltzing Along posted:

This is BS. Optometrists will almost always tell you not to do it. Why? Cuz if you do it, they lose business.

I hear this over and over and over. "My optometrist said no." Did you talk to a laser surgeon? "No." Then you are a fucktard idiot.

lol yes, not listen to the one party with vested interest in favor of another party with a vested interest, and you claim to not be the fucktarded idiot in the equation

edit: not to mention that you seem to think one never has to worry about eye health again after getting lasik, lol

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Nov 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Waltzing Along posted:

Don't talk to an optometrist. Actually go to the surgeon and talk to them.

One is an expert. The other has a business where they sell you glasses.

agreed. also if your back is hosed up go to a chiropractor, doctors are just scam artists. and you would not believe the poo poo I've dug up about vaccines

• Locked thread