Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
All these shows have been great this dark and cold Fall season. If anyone has another TV recommend I could watch on the hulu that would be great.

Oh yeah can't forget Castle I am big into season7 of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

check out game of thrones op

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

TEAYCHES posted:

check out game of thrones op

I can't watch that on hulu....

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

steal your parents hbo go

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
That'd be a betrayal of their trust...... but Lena Heady's real pretty in that,,,,..

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
is peaky blinders on hulu? its a good show.

äkta människor (real humans) season 1 is also really good.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Harime Nui posted:

That'd be a betrayal of their trust...... but Lena Heady's real pretty in that,,,,..

shes also a good actress and v. funny on the show and has great chemistry with peter dinklage

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

monkey posted:

is peaky blinders on hulu? its a good show.

äkta människor (real humans) season 1 is also really good.

Hulu does foreign stuff (I know korean soaps are huge on there) I'll look for it

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

TEAYCHES posted:

shes also a good actress and v. funny on the show and has great chemistry with peter dinklage

It's true

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

The Flash is really bad but I like it anyway. Four out of six seasons of Reba are on Hulu in case you're dumb like my wife.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Can we turn this into the hulu bitch thread? I love that they get great old shows like M.A.N.T.I.S, Sliders, Quantum Leap, Farscape and X-Files but they're always available for such short times.... not nearly enough time to even get through four seasons unless you binge. That's the problem now is the whole system's built around binge watching...... it's part of the problems in modern culture, we can't just relax and enjoy something once a week anymore...

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Harime Nui posted:

Can we turn this into the hulu bitch thread? I love that they get great old shows like M.A.N.T.I.S, Sliders, Quantum Leap, Farscape and X-Files but they're always available for such short times.... not nearly enough time to even get through four seasons unless you binge. That's the problem now is the whole system's built around binge watching...... it's part of the problems in modern culture, we can't just relax and enjoy something once a week anymore...

pirate shows through this thing called torrenting and never watch ads again

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

TEAYCHES posted:

pirate shows through this thing called torrenting and never watch ads again

reported

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

OP I watch and like the tv show Castle because I like staring at nathan fillons face, it looks cool and is really realistic

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I agree, Nathan Fillion is a warm, charming man I would turn to in a crisis and he's not alienatingly perfect like some Hollywood hero

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Wait, you haven't seen game of thrones?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

This is unacceptable, Nui-kun.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
No, I have, but it's not like me to correct people if it's unimportant

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Harime Nui posted:

No, I have, but it's not like me to correct people if it's unimportant

Oh, well in this case, I guess it's only important to me.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I've seen all the episodes and read the books.... I'm playong the fat man's game and dancing to his tune...

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I haven't read the books...I spend too much time reading the forums to read books.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I read a not school related book every night, it's my rule for myself... reading a Thomas Jefferson biography right now

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I mean ot's my rule dude, I do it every night, even if I'm so drunk I can't understand what I'm reading and I scrawl JEFFERSON PUSSY in the margins

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Don't drink and read, kids.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

a hole-y ghost posted:

OP I watch and like the tv show Castle because I like staring at nathan fillons face, it looks cool and is really realistic

did castle get better? i really liked it for the first 2.5-3 seasons and then it just started getting too dramatic and ~serious~ up it's own rear end with nuclear bomb and anthrax attacks or whatever and it just lost it's fun silly charm.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
You know my mother once told me I look not a little like Nathan Fillion myseof...

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

dog buttz posted:

The Flash is really bad but I like it anyway.

This is really the truth btw. Show has lived up to its potential precisely twice out of the whole season (pilot/Captain Cold ep) otherwise it's really not good but I find myself rooting for it anyway... otoh Arrow had a ropy season 1 too so give it a year to start getting good I say

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

Xaris posted:

did castle get better? i really liked it for the first 2.5-3 seasons and then it just started getting too dramatic and ~serious~ up it's own rear end with nuclear bomb and anthrax attacks or whatever and it just lost it's fun silly charm.

Most times I've watched it lately they were just having fun with it, the last one i saw he went to some alternate reality via an aztec amulet or something like that.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
sounds like i could recommend you, well, pretty much anything op. so might i recommend the korean war situation comedy M*A*S*H and contemporary iranian drama Range Shak, they are both well received by critics and fans alike. happy viewing!

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Harime Nui posted:

I mean ot's my rule dude, I do it every night, even if I'm so drunk I can't understand what I'm reading and I scrawl JEFFERSON PUSSY in the margins

Then you're just annotating like Benjamin Franklin

I've only got Netflix, but I like White Collar if you want criminal-case-a-day stuff. Plus Matt Bomer is like the dreamiest man alive.

Gotham's really kind of lovely, but if you drink and make fun of it it's not a bad way to spend some time.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
you may also enjoy absurdist comedy The Mighty Boosh and venerated children's edutainment staple The Sesame Street. Some other shows you might like are A Shark Tank, a reality television programme where starry eyed entrepreneurs lobby billionaires for investments in their small businesses, and New Girl starring zoe deschanel. other television programs include your local news and public access station. in the mid 2000s, geico licensed their promotional cave men for a situation comedy that aired at least one episode, that's something to watch. did you know that in the late 90s there was a spinoff of That 70's Show set in the nineteen eighties? it can give your eyes to drift in and out of focus on for upwards of 22 minutes at a stretch.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

fanged wang posted:

you may also enjoy absurdist comedy The Mighty Boosh and venerated children's edutainment staple The Sesame Street. Some other shows you might like are A Shark Tank, a reality television programme where starry eyed entrepreneurs lobby billionaires for investments in their small businesses, and New Girl starring zoe deschanel. other television programs include your local news and public access station. in the mid 2000s, geico licensed their promotional cave men for a situation comedy that aired at least one episode, that's something to watch. did you know that in the late 90s there was a spinoff of That 70's Show set in the nineteen eighties? it can give your eyes to drift in and out of focus on for upwards of 22 minutes at a stretch.

I'm not made of time dude... you're killing me here

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
fanged wang, can you even name a single TV series you think is very good?

edit: vvvvv So, that's a no then.

monkey fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Nov 30, 2014

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
sam and dean are dreamy on supernatural

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i thought the flash was p good i'm a little nerd mad about constantine and how it is not up to my standards

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I am disappointed Constantine is not nearly as subversive as the comics it's based on and they could easily have shifted the Thatcher stuff into 2014 America but I guess for what it is it's not bad

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i liked peaky blinders but cillian murphy is unnervingly pretty for a dude everybody looks like a pile of moldy dishrags next to him, it was distracting during the sex scenes because i am used to finding the sight of a naked woman arousing but i could only stare in rapt sexless fascination at those piercing grey eyes.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS1sHYGIzao

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
As long as you're watching so many CW shows, watch The 100, it rules. All of that network's pretty young actors/actresses covered in blood and poo poo, plays fast and loose with face and heel turns, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Arrow is way better than it should be, I've always said that. The Flash and Constantine are p cool too. Never got into Sleepy Hollow.

• Locked thread