Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The shows been out for years, so I don't think we need spoilers... personally I think it was at the exact point of the Final Five reveal, were half the FF didn't make any goddamn sense and you could tell that Billy was supposed to be one of them (which would have been awesome and consistent with the Cylon m.o.) but the actor bitched out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Professor Shark posted:

The shows been out for years, so I don't think we need spoilers... personally I think it was at the exact point of the Final Five reveal, were half the FF didn't make any goddamn sense and you could tell that Billy was supposed to be one of them (which would have been awesome and consistent with the Cylon m.o.) but the actor bitched out.

sorry it was when they became angels after defeating satan.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

It was the last few episodes. I could stick with it until then, where it suddenly and violently feels like an afterthought to an afterthought. I mean the finale which is like a 3 parter on netflix. That thing is bad.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
when they did the touched by an angel thing to help a pregnant girl.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

season 3. always season 3. holy gently caress

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
after season 1

Would been better as a 12 or 13 episode per season kinda deal, but they just couldn't make that poo poo work for 4 seasons at 20 episodes a piece.

site fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Dec 1, 2014

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
when they turned starbuck into a dyke.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I like the show and am okay with the way things turned out but a small part of me felt it going off the rails way back when they were fighting over the temple and the supernova was going to happen.

Those episodes felt like some Stargate bullshit.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

season 3. always season 3. holy gently caress

It was when everything went full retard so yea.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Season one Episode two. Stopped watching in the middle of that and have never returned op.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
after the pilot and the next two episodes when they ran out of money for space fights. The episodes with all the clones on the ice planet was the real turning point.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Right from the beginning, I mean look at these cheesy costumes.

It was like Mormon Star Wars.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
pilot episode

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

sticklefifer posted:

Right from the beginning, I mean look at these cheesy costumes.

It was like Mormon Star Wars.

i already made this joke for l;ike 4 post idiot

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
I wish they didn't have the supernatural or religious aspect of it. I wish it was focused more on killing cylons instead of finding earth.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

serious norman posted:

Season one Episode two. Stopped watching in the middle of that and have never returned op.

The guys from Lost saw it and thought it looked cool and tried their own version. They were obviously wrong.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the religious stuff was fine and i'm discovering that the people who have the biggest problem with that are people who get super spergy mad when anything doesn't take their Godless and heathen worldview as the defacto truth. Like all this space ship stupid poo poo, FTL drives, nearly undetectable cylon human models that can get pregnant- that's okay, but God? Step too loving far, immersion breaking. Why can't everything be explicitly atheist like Star Trek: TNG?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

In retrospect the episode where Helo killed all of the prisoner Cylons rather than let the entire Cylon race be wiped out was pretty Star Trek...

Helo was a solid character that should have died if the series hadn't gone to poo poo. I mean I really liked his character, but he was a dope that should have died.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The coolest part about the religion thing and God (assuming he's out Yehwah/ Allah/ God) is that out of all the other Greek-ish god's he was "The Jealous God".

Plus all of the characters we watched simply being some previous species' version of Cylons.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
cylons were created literally by satan.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

TOILETLORD posted:

cylons were created literally by satan.

huh what huh?

I didn't watch Caprica because it was annoying, sry

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
s4 happened

thats what went wrong

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Professor Shark posted:

huh what huh?

I didn't watch Caprica because it was annoying, sry

my dad made me watch the original series, cylons were created by satan who was baltar, and they defeat him after a game of space sports ball, and then starbuck and the other white guy are turned into angels and help people with their problems on earth.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

TOILETLORD posted:

my dad made me watch the original series, cylons were created by satan who was baltar, and they defeat him after a game of space sports ball, and then starbuck and the other white guy are turned into angels and help people with their problems on earth.

eww

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

more like crapica

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
When Tricia Helfer posed nude in Playboy. It's like some doctor in Tijuana cut a baseball in half and went to town.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

They went wrong when they didn't have a definitive timeline (or storyline, for that matter) and had to make lovely filler episodes.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Honestly when they built the loving bar and spent a season and a half of apollo staring at starbuck crying like a bitch.

Past that, the episode when they had all the sixes painting the galactica with magical paint. The entire last season shouldn't have happened, and it's clear they were just making poo poo up at that point to get to the finale disappointing conclusion.

That said the first half of the series finale loving ruled.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The first episode after left mudplanet, also there were 2 earths all along

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!
When Jane Seymour died. I mean come on. Just turrible.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Arrowsmith posted:

When Jane Seymour died. I mean come on. Just turrible.

You'd post better if you didn't poo poo on Dr. Quinn.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

As bad as BSG finished there were still awesome moments that really affected the viewer

http://youtu.be/CEDjAFi7oJ4?t=1m2s

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

As bad as BSG finished there were still awesome moments that really affected the viewer

lol

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

Now I want soup.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Whenever they turned Gaius Baltar into some weird religious freak. I still liked the show for the most part throughout its run, but wasn't too keen on the direction they took Baltar's character.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kuato posted:

Whenever they turned Gaius Baltar into some weird religious freak. I still liked the show for the most part throughout its run, but wasn't too keen on the direction they took Baltar's character.

yeah that was half assed as hell

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Racetrack was in Interstellar as crazy son's frumpy wife.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Kuato posted:

Dunno. Building a harem on pretense of being a god seemed like a thing gaius would totally do

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

site posted:

Dunno. Building a harem on pretense of being a god seemed like a thing gaius would totally do

He also had a very realistic presidential administration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

etalian posted:

Racetrack was in Interstellar as crazy son's frumpy wife.

Oh frak

• Locked thread