Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

so i was driving home and someone ran a red light when i was going throuhg the intersection at 40mph, i had to slam the brakes and almost flipped my car trying to avoid a disastrous t-boning. they started yelling at me and then someone in a truck told me "god saved my life" and confirmed it wasn' teven remotely my fault

this makes me want to start taking the bus.

what are your horrible driving stories, goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Don't die, I like your av.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
So, aren't you gonna thank Him?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Zoinker posted:

So, aren't you gonna thank Him?

i'm contemplating a conversion to some kind of deism so i can at least thank provenance or some other abstract force because i got insanely lucky thanks to my driving skillz

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

That feeling you got, that you "almost died," has a reciprocal feeling in the ghost community. It's the precarious feeling of being "almost born."

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
better luck next time.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Old lady almost murdered me by smashing into my driver's side and T-boning me, luckily she was a typical old lady and was going slow as rear end gently caress. She started wailing about how was she going to get to work and asking me "Why?" and I was like I don't know bitch why did you run a red you blind moron.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Too bad you didn't

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Also the woman who did some crazy burn-out type poo poo trying to beat a light making a left turn and I crushed her car and totaled it but barely any damage was done to mine and she got owned.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Have you considered that you did die in that accident and you haven't realized it yet?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
In my previous tank of a 89 bronco, slid out into a busy two way street and a truck missed my door by about two feet and nailed my rear corner, spinning me. never got hit by another car from the opposite direction, no medical side effects like whiplash or anything

Driving an on off ramp in my current smaller rav4 I hit black ice and literally slid 80 degrees to my right side (where there's a frozen lagoon), a combination of my steering correction and powering the gas slid it back 180 to the right, and then I got myself back 90 degrees to my original direction on the road, all within about 10-15 seconds with a car maybe 25-50 yards behind me at about 40mph

Also been shot at and brain cancer scare but those arent driving stories

site fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 1, 2014

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grant DaNasty posted:

Have you considered that you did die in that accident and you haven't realized it yet?

Ghosts can only post on 4/20

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

Old lady almost murdered me by smashing into my driver's side and T-boning me, luckily she was a typical old lady and was going slow as rear end gently caress. She started wailing about how was she going to get to work and asking me "Why?" and I was like I don't know bitch why did you run a red you blind moron.

ppl like this should have their licenses revoked and maybe be ground into nutrient powder

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I am glad that you are safe friend. Sounds like you were driving defensively. Always assume other drivers are dangerous retards and act accordingly, IMO

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
OP...I'm gay

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Fandyien posted:

so i was driving home and someone ran a red light when i was going throuhg the intersection at 40mph, i had to slam the brakes and almost flipped my car trying to avoid a disastrous t-boning. they started yelling at me and then someone in a truck told me "god saved my life" and confirmed it wasn' teven remotely my fault

this makes me want to start taking the bus.

what are your horrible driving stories, goons?

I once posted some poo poo about PT6A in the Can Pol thread, went to run some errands in my rural Maritime town, and was almost hit head on by a drunk driver who was driving in my lane, I had to swerve off the road, and as I held my phone in my hand I realized that I didn't know what road I was on or what make or model their car was, so I couldn't even phone 911 and tell them where to look for a drunk driver.

I just went home, shaken as Hell, and asked the thread to tell me to shut the gently caress up if I ever wasted my life with PT6A ever again.

Of course that was months ago and I give him poo poo now so that didn't stick, but giving a loser named PT6A on somethingawful.com would have been the last communication that I ever made with anyone in my life.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

Harime Nui posted:

Always assume other people are dangerous retards and act accordingly, IMO

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Professor Shark posted:

I once posted some poo poo about PT6A in the Can Pol thread, went to run some errands in my rural Maritime town, and was almost hit head on by a drunk driver who was driving in my lane, I had to swerve off the road, and as I held my phone in my hand I realized that I didn't know what road I was on or what make or model their car was, so I couldn't even phone 911 and tell them where to look for a drunk driver.

I just went home, shaken as Hell, and asked the thread to tell me to shut the gently caress up if I ever wasted my life with PT6A ever again.

Of course that was months ago and I give him poo poo now so that didn't stick, but giving a loser named PT6A on somethingawful.com would have been the last communication that I ever made with anyone in my life.

I'm not following this story.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
I know the feeling a big plastic thing of flour fell on my toe we are lucky to be alive OP

Swedish Butt-Whistle
Feb 12, 2004

Mentally Trill
Did you guys know HOF football qb Terry Bradshaw gives SA a shoutout on a Shingles commercial? I bout died. lol

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
a couple years ago when i was a pizza delivery boy, two teenagers on a joyride in an SUV plowed through a neighborhood intersection right in front of me, going probably about 60 miles an hour. they flew up a rise in the road, went briefly airborne, then crashed down onto the pavement, sending sparks flying everywhere. they rounded another hill out of sight and i followed them to see if they were alright. there were bits of rubber and plastic littering the road leading up to where they were sitting parked in the middle of the street. they were clearly in shock but they seemed alright. i asked them if they were ok and they stammered some bullshit about blowing a tire. i should have called 911 or somethign but it was late and i wanted to finish my delivery and go home so i just left. but if i had left the pizza shop a few seconds earlier they would have crashed right into me in my toyota corolla and i would have been either dead or seriously injured

Swedish Butt-Whistle
Feb 12, 2004

Mentally Trill

Cnut the Great posted:

a couple years ago when i was a pizza delivery boy, two teenagers on a joyride in an SUV plowed through a neighborhood intersection right in front of me, going probably about 60 miles an hour. they flew up a rise in the road, went briefly airborne, then crashed down onto the pavement, sending sparks flying everywhere. they rounded another hill out of sight and i followed them to see if they were alright. there were bits of rubber and plastic littering the road leading up to where they were sitting parked in the middle of the street. they were clearly in shock but they seemed alright. i asked them if they were ok and they stammered some bullshit about blowing a tire. i should have called 911 or somethign but it was late and i wanted to finish my delivery and go home so i just left. but if i had left the pizza shop a few seconds earlier they would have crashed right into me in my toyota corolla and i would have been either dead or seriously injured

are you a pizza delivery man now?

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
every time you have a near death experience reality splits into two separate branches - one where you die, one where you live. your life continues on this splitting paradigm until youve run out of time. all paths will converge and death will claim you eventually my friend!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

I'm not following this story.

I was mocking some guy online then had to go do some poo poo, while I was on my way to do some poo poo I was almost killed, I went home and asked the thread to never let me mock the idiot again because that would be a super embarrassing "last words" thing.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

one time i was taking a dump and i strained so hard I got red in the face and i think i almost died so im with you op

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Swedish Butt-Whistle posted:

are you a pizza delivery man now?

no i never became a pizza delivery man. one time a lady answered the door in her underwear and gave me a wad of money from her bra, but it didn't lead to sexy times, which is the only way to transcend pizza delivery boyhood

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
hydroplaned into a stop sign. that loving sucked :(

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Just after high school I was riding shotgun in a 92 honda accord going about 65 mph down the highway when we were t-boned. The car rolled down the road and into the ditch. I thought I was knocked out because there was a cop there immediately. Turns out he was a few cars behind us and saw our lights flipping through the air. The car bounced off its corners as it rolled and we landed right side up so our only injuries were minor cuts from broken glass. Wear your seatbelts kids.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

did anyone else expect their life to flash before their eyes but it totally didn't? does this mean I have no life?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Xaris posted:

hydroplaned into a stop sign. that loving sucked :(

how much did it gently caress up your car? i always see signs that are like hella bent as if the car drove up onto them and i'm like, drat, thats a sturdy sign

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Fandyien posted:

did anyone else expect their life to flash before their eyes but it totally didn't? does this mean I have no life?

Mine didn't at all, it was just a desperate "Please let me get out of this I'm tingly all over holy poo poo am I okay?"

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

Mine didn't at all, it was just a desperate "Please let me get out of this I'm tingly all over holy poo poo am I okay?"

yeah this sounds pretty much spot on. how did you know the guy was drunk?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Fandyien posted:

Didn't happen to me either. Just closed my eyes and was like, "whelp, I'm hosed. let's do this."

E: (Been clinically "dead" too and didn't happen then either)

site fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Dec 1, 2014

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Fandyien posted:

yeah this sounds pretty much spot on. how did you know the guy was drunk?

1) Rural Maritimes, Canada

2) Wrong side of the road

3) :ms: The car belonged to a notorious drunk, those types are common around here :ms:

Edit: I have no idea who I "prayed" to, but end-of-life religion makes a lot more sense to me now

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I've been in one real serious car accident in which I spun out if control for several seconds before going into a ditch and my first thought was "oh no there goes my insurance" not "uh oh I'm actually gonna die" dunno what that says about me really

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

its rly hard for me to imagine being wasted enough to drive on the wrong side of the road and still think "yeah i should drive this car"

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

i was driving a car once and had an accident then i died im dead now.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Fandyien posted:

its rly hard for me to imagine being wasted enough to drive on the wrong side of the road and still think "yeah i should drive this car"

ive been there but it was a motorcycle and lack of sleep combined with playing american racing games all night.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Fandyien posted:

Moving from the city to a rural area is basically the equivalent to stepping into a time machine that goes 50 years into the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
If I didn't wear a bike helmet (like many suicidal morons don't) I would have had my brains splattered on no less than three occasions.
I gave up bike commuting because I value my life.

• Locked thread