Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Years back I was driving a 78 Pontiac bonneville, which is pretty much a tank--though in fairness it was more of an aftermarket soviet leftover tank, cause almost nothing actually worked on it Can't say I was proud of it but it was my first car, and I did get an insurance bonus because it was technically a classic car. Classic indeed. Anyhow, one evening while waiting at a stoplight on my way to a miserable job schlepping frozen food around an enormous grocery distribution warehouse, a kid in a red probe pulled out of a gas station a couple hundred yards up the road and clipped the rear panel of a green Saab that was doing about 75 in the opposite lane. It's kinda weird to see disaster unfold--i mostly remember watching the Saab fishtail all over the place before realizing that oh gently caress that's gonna hit me...next thing I know there's glass all over the interior and my knees are bleeding through my jeans from hitting each other so hard the skin split...on the bright side both the Saab and the probe had to be hauled away on flatbeds while my shitheap was still driveable (in a loose interpretation of the word). It no longer had a driver's side window and the door wouldn't open ever again but that stuff just made it easier to locate in the parking lot--it did, after all, have a tarp held down by a big rock over it whenever the forecast called for rain. I drove it for 2 months like that until the radiator literally exploded. Also because a mechanic friend of mine knew the insurance adjustor on the case I got 2 grand for a car I paid 300 bucks for. If my poo poo had been made of fiberglass I don't know that I would've lived through that crash, judging by the state of the other vehicles involved. Which might've been better for everyone. Anyhow god bless that good old Detroit rolling iron, I still miss that monstrosity once in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
One is about the size of a canteloupe, but the other is big enough to be considered normal son

• Locked thread