Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Square
May 14, 2009

Preoptopus posted:

I have an opportunity to come down to the Sarasota area for a Job opportunity. As someone who is nearly done with Wisconsin how awful is Florida?

Oh come on, it's not that bad!

I'm so proud of the doggies. Apparently they recognize the sound of a BMW I6 pulling into the subdivision from the house, and get all excited because they know it's me :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
The job is working on custom golf carts....

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Crossposting from The Crew thread in Games, this game continues to be loving awesome.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

meatpimp posted:

Go to Jet's, their pizza is loving awesome. loving deadly, but awesome. By far the heaviest pizza by slice that I've seen short of Chicago itself, but so, so good...

No kidding, they have awesome food.

I don't even know if this was an "interview" - we bullshitted a bit, told me what he expects out of drivers (deliver, dishes, prep, pretty much nothing else), asked my availability, and said said if I don't hear back by Sunday, give him a call, and that I'll probably be on Monday's schedule.

He did mention he's desperate for drivers though - today his afternoon cook was doing all the delivery. I jokingly said "well, I am off today!", he paused for a moment and said the owner would probably be a little pissy about me still technically being employed by Pizza Hut. :v: Even after our talk on the phone yesterday, it kinda sounded like he had already made up his mind to hire me.

Probably a good thing he didn't have me drive though.. that would have likely meant a vehicle inspection. And my front tires are down to the wear bars (getting new ones tomorrow, then gonna try to get it inspected next week if all the readiness monitors have set - sticker is good until Dec 31st though)

He asked what I drove.. when I said Saturn Ion, he asked if I had the recalls done yet. I said yup, have the paperwork to prove it. He said he also had an Ion, and that he hadn't had them done yet. WE BONDED! :neckbeard:

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Echoing this. I always feel like a fatass when it gets brought to work because I can't stop eating it. TURBO CRUST!

That's what I always get.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

7000 steps / 3+ miles yesterday. Kinda surprised it was that high considering I took no extra effort. Kinda curious what I can keep an average at after this week's employee reviews are done with.

:colbert:

BraveUlysses posted:

do you have some sort of fitness band or something that works with these apps? i should look into this

I know the Pebble watch integrates with Sleep as Android, though you still have to put the phone on the bed. It gives more precise data about tossing and turning.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Girlfriend got promoted to Property Manager of site 2 at her job. We were worried about if she was going to get that position because of some recent management changes. We're pretty much set to move into a rent free property now.

5 days after we resigned our lease at the current apartment.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

My roommates are slobs! :argh:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Super Aggro Crag posted:

My roommates are slobs! :argh:

Move out of your parents house.

problem solved.

In seriousness. Call em out on it. if terms can't be met, move the gently caress out. btdt, gently caress living with that poo poo.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Rhyno posted:

5 days after we resigned our lease at the current apartment.

Talk to the management? Or break the lease? I feel you'll easily make up the difference unless you're not paying poo poo for rent.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Adiabatic posted:

So the hearing was today, not tomorrow. My parents just got out of court. The judge had my aunt's number before the thing even started (she was in blue jeans and wasn't respectful at all) and they didn't even have to bring up my uncle. It went that well.

If she wants conservatorship (not executorship whoops) she has to:

1. Be bonded (if she does anything illegal or immoral the bond company is liable)
2. Pay rent at my grandmother's house instead of taking it over rent-free
3. Sell my grandmother's car instead of driving it around
4. Appeal to the court directly for any type of action aside from paying bills

There's also the issue of the will. The original is in all likelihood in a lock-box at the bank, and we were worried she'd destroy it the moment she found it. The judge ordered that either my mother or my cousin (dead uncle's son) be with my aunt the first time she opens it.

Now if we can just settle the wrongful death thing and figure out who murdered my uncle without the jail successfully covering up anything... We will have to wait for the results of the SLED investigation before we know which way that's going.

Turns out there may be justice in the world. :unsmith:

That's good, but tell me you have a lawyer for all this. Contested estate stuff is messy.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Water is for drinking

poo poo of course... My bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mafoose posted:

Talk to the management? Or break the lease? I feel you'll easily make up the difference unless you're not paying poo poo for rent.

Yeah we're going to. We just finished up a 6 month and signed a year because we were unsure of what would happen and we wanted the $50 er month break on rent.

torpedan
Jul 17, 2003
Lets make Uncle Ben proud

Preoptopus posted:

The job is working on custom golf carts....

This sounds either amazing or terrible. I can't decide which.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
unless you've been a dick tenant I can't imagine they'll gently caress you over too badly, you might have to pay the $50 difference on your last month's rent or something but realistically any reasonable fee for breaking the lease would be quickly recouped by living somewhere rent free

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Preoptopus posted:

I have an opportunity to come down to the Sarasota area for a Job opportunity. As someone who is nearly done with Wisconsin how awful is Florida?

no

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

God I hate corporate IT gigs. I have work I want to grind out on the XJ, and contrary to the surge we were told to expect (and hired up 50% more staff for) we're so slow that I'm killing time walking around the datacenter looking for trash for half my shift just to look busy for the company's sake. Frustrating when I'd rather be home making battery cables and replacing my mechanical fan shroud and electric fan.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

nm posted:

That's good, but tell me you have a lawyer for all this. Contested estate stuff is messy.

Absolutely. This estate junk has one and the wrongful death case has several working on contingency.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Dad chat: My dad fought in Vietnam and I'm starting to notice the affects of that more and more these days. He stutters a lot and can't hold a fork steady. He gets lost in his thoughts. He leaves doors open and food out. I am pretty sure he grew up poor because he never throws food out, even if it's rotten. He falls asleep if left alone long enough (5 - 10 minutes). His idea of taking care of the dogs is letting them out on the deck every couple hours and screaming at them when they fight instead of separating them. Of course, if you try to have a conversation with him about any of this he just ignores you like a child. It's depressing. He's basically been brainwashed from by the media (My grandparents were straight off of the boat from China). The good news is he's starting to realize that he's not young anymore and doesn't have to work double or triple shifts. He's 66 right now.

Friday is the three year anniversary of the passing of my mother. I miss her so much. :smith:

gently caress this week.

EDIT:

Thanks for letting me vent AI. I know my problems aren't that bad compared to some of you guys but it helps a lot.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Wifey brought up we should get married. I mean. he brings me beers and sometime can "cook".

but guys? GUYS. Does this mean I'll get never ending nagging and never get laid aga... OH.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mariooncrack posted:

Dad chat: My dad fought in Vietnam and I'm starting to notice the affects of that more and more these days. He stutters a lot and can't hold a fork steady. He gets lost in his thoughts. He leaves doors open and food out. I am pretty sure he grew up poor because he never throws food out, even if it's rotten. He falls asleep if left alone long enough (5 - 10 minutes). His idea of taking care of the dogs is letting them out on the deck every couple hours and screaming at them when they fight instead of separating them. Of course, if you try to have a conversation with him about any of this he just ignores you like a child. It's depressing. He's basically been brainwashed from by the media (My grandparents were straight off of the boat from China). The good news is he's starting to realize that he's not young anymore and doesn't have to work double or triple shifts. He's 66 right now.

Friday is the three year anniversary of the passing of my mother. I miss her so much. :smith:

gently caress this week.

EDIT:

Thanks for letting me vent AI. I know my problems aren't that bad compared to some of you guys but it helps a lot.

My mother's Vietnam vet boyfriend has cancer. Bad, "probably going to die in less than 6 months" cancer. It's very depressing to be around them right now.

Edit: You'd think free rent would make me feel better right? Not when it means I can't do any car work on the property as per rental agreement.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

Edit: You'd think free rent would make me feel better right? Not when it means I can't do any car work on the property as per rental agreement.

You can rent someone's garage for a fraction of your rent.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

T1g4h posted:

Crossposting from The Crew thread in Games, this game continues to be loving awesome.

Uh I just read that entire thread and it seems like a lovely game.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

I can't find poo poo locally that's not in a lovely neighborhood. I'm going to see if my mother would allow me to set up shop at her home.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Find out tomorrow if we're go on the home loan or not....

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

nm posted:

This!
What are you paying in rent? Here $650/month gets you a 1200ft shop with a roll up door, office and bathroom.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Thread's full of shitposting, it's genuinely fun. I've been bombing around cross country in this:

For most of the night. The handling is way more fun than people claim, I spent a good amount of time drifting the mountains outside of Vegas and doing impromptu rallying through cornfields and down dirt roads. It's loving rad.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

My car will eventually rust into nothing, is the ZX2 a fun car to drive please confirm or deny thank you I need my fix of lovely FWD coupes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mafoose posted:

This!
What are you paying in rent? Here $650/month gets you a 1200ft shop with a roll up door, office and bathroom.

My garage runs me $70 a month, my half of the rent is $400. I don't need or want a whole shop, I like my little garage.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

cursedshitbox posted:

Wifey brought up we should get married. I mean. he brings me beers and sometime can "cook".

but guys? GUYS. Does this mean I'll get never ending nagging and never get laid aga... OH.

Hey you fuckers want to be equal, you can be just as miserable as the rest of us.

I mean happy. Yeah happy. That one.

Actually, think of it like a rover you can't get rid of without buying a Bentley.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

cursedshitbox posted:

Is David your wifey? Because if so, your chicken(?) looks, edible?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

cursedshitbox posted:

Move to the south. Problem delayed for a few more years!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
I realized how long/steadily I had been smoke-free tonight when I had to hunt all over the house to find a lighter, and finally found a grill lighter to light some random incense with. :unsmith:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

nm posted:

Move to the south. Problem delayed for a few more decades!

gently caress the south. Lived there 2 years. never going back.

mafoose posted:

Is David your wifey? Because if so, your chicken(?) looks, edible?

yeah some spots weren't too bad.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The garbage dick avatars are loving terrible.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

Previa_fun posted:

The garbage dick avatars are loving terrible.

I need to find a way to arbitrarily replace that image with something like like this.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 3, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

you just don't "get"' the sofisticated humor of Low Tax, man.

torpedan
Jul 17, 2003
Lets make Uncle Ben proud

Fucknag posted:

you just don't "get"' the sofisticated humor of Low Tax, man.

He is missing out on an excellent opportunity. Just think, he could charge $1000 to change the image for it and I am sure someone out there would successfully fund it using a kickstarter.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Scored a 40" tv for cheap on Black Thanksgiving. I was gonna set it up and it's just too big for my office. Ugh. Back to the 32" I guess.

Tomorrow I go to the service and all I can think about now is that when we move like 1/2 my poo poo isn't going to work at the new place.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Extra posted:

My car will eventually rust into nothing, is the ZX2 a fun car to drive please confirm or deny thank you I need my fix of lovely FWD coupes.

Are you talking video games or in real life?
I don't know about the Ford Zetec 2.0 or Ford electrics but the platform is easy to work on overall and easy to make handle well. If S/R parts are still available they're usually quite cheap. 90-94 Mazda Protege suspension parts will work as well with little or no modification.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I've played it for about an hour so far and I don't think it's a bad game but I kinda wish I had waited a year to pick up the GOTY edition for :20bux: during a steam sale.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting used to the physics. Playing with a wheel might be a major factor but the cars feel really unpredictable and despite a lot of fiddling with the settings I can't get it to feel at all natural.

I'm not giving up on it but I'm not sure it will keep me entertained anywhere near as long as, say, Burnout Paradise.

e: Starting to get more predictable and thus fun.

Galler fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Alright fine I'll go buy The Crew, gently caress. I already own Spintires so I'm good there; add me on Steam at my username if you want so we can hook up winches

• Locked thread