Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

New high score?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

the spyder posted:

Super bummed today. Not sure quite why. Uggggggggg. I think I need to take a night off and just unwind on something not related to shop/cars.

Today was definitely like that for me. I've been in a funk since poo poo went full retard bad at work and I had to work on my dads friends lovely car. When both those things hit it was like I hit a brick wall on everything else.

Trying to chill out this week and relax after work. No craziness for a little bit.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

You Am I posted:

My dad is really losing his mind sadly. Started going downhill big time since he retired after Easter this year

Fun things he is doing:

- Leaving the front door unlocked and wide open

- Leaving milk products out on the kitchen bench, forgetting to put them away.

- Leaving fridge door open

- Giving me a birthday card in December. My birthday is in July.

- Sleeping till 2pm, then watching the TV for most of the time while is awake, on the most annoying lovely TV Home shopping channels

- Supposedly getting paranoid thinking that mum and I are hiding his ute keys as "we don't want him to drive"

As well as other poo poo. Time for respite care for the old bastard, but first mum and I need to get power of attorney on him

My grandfather is having bouts with Alzheimer. It's really tough to watch and he's self aware of it. It doesn't help that my grandmother is a nutcase and is digging her heals in the sand whenever talk comes up to move them out of their house and to a place that will offer more appropriate care.

My mother is basically on call 24/7 when ever poo poo goes tits up with them. She's trying to run a one man business and doesn't have time for that poo poo and her brother is gently caress all useless and just gaslights her whenever she asks for help.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

This year is like the VW curse but so much worse.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I just met my new best friend last night.

She wears the same streetwear clothes as me, talks like me, sells weed, smokes mad blunts, plays Call of Duty, listens to the same music as me and only lives 3 streets over.

gently caress yeah dude

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

trouser chili posted:

We racing today

Nice xratty.

I've got a gravel machine gun sticker on my RS too. Those things are getting around.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Rhyno posted:

What if 2015 sucks????

I am genuinely worried about this.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I've got most christmas gifts locked down, but I need to figure out something for my mother. I hate gift shopping

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I've been to NYC twice. The first time was to move a friend. Got there at midnight and parked in queens, went to a bar across the hotel and drank until 3am. Woke up the next morning and my car was still there.

Second time was passing through on the way back from VA, traffic sucked dongs and I was going in circles.

Still a better city than Boston.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

trouser chili posted:

a cheap RallyX car that I will eventually build to a stage rally car. I'm thinking Honda Civic Wagovan 4wd with B-series swap.

You are going to want something with good parts availability for body panels and suspension.

The best bet is something that has multiple availablity for suspension choices and that you can source panels and body cuts for for future repairs. If you get some rare rusty snow flake, you'll have a lot harder time piecing your car back together.

Also if you need spare part and don't have it, running a common car will give you more options at service with other teams. I have given out so much poo poo.

Good cars are ford focus, subaru impreza, vws although they are older.

The impreza is really the only car you can run literally any class and driveline config in. Plus they run from 93-07 for most common bolt in poo poo. 93-01 is a good year range for gen 1 cars and 02-07 gives you crashed wrx's to pull body and suspension from which kids are wrecking all the time. Plus outback and legacy poo poo can be used as parts too. You really can't go wrong with an impreza. Logically it is the best chassis. If you are cheap you can build your car and do an event for 8-10k.

Definitely IM/PM/mail me if you have specific build questions.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I really wish lowtax would stop loving with the forum fonts.

Look at me I am so wacky and zany right guys.

Just let us be autistic about cars alone k thx.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

For the people who don't read my dumb thread about lovely cars, I made dis:

The old garnish from my dented wagon hatch. It leaks and it is lighter than the outback one.

I just stuffed Christmas lights in the bulb holes. I think I'm going to actually dremel off the back plate and mount the LEDs better to light up the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Oh poo poo, what's up old Pioneer receiver? I have an SX-939 that was my dad's but it's currently hosed up. I get about 5 seconds of sound, then *click* and silence. I think it's something with the protection circuit cutting in early.

This one is great except it wont output in stereo, it only fires one speaker.

• Locked thread