Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
My mom and I were looking through old family photos this weekend. I was really only half-joking when I made that comment to a guy on Tinder.

I went through a phase in second grade, the first of many awful awkward phases in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

rscott posted:

Speaking of Shia LeBouf

Whenever I think of Shia LeBouf, I think of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXCK1EyP4s

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

CornHolio posted:

Speaking of sleeping disorders, does anybody else occasionally have sleep paralysis?

I suffer from sleep paralysis. It started happening after I was assaulted four years ago, and it usually happens two or three times a year when I'm under extreme stress. It's really terrifying because it's like reliving that night over again. :smithicide:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

blk posted:

I think this is the biggest lie guys tell themselves. There seem to be three kinds of attitudes men take to women they're friends with:

1) I actively want to bang you
2) I don't think about banging you, but I would, given the right circumstances
3) I'm not attracted to you

That's how I categorize my male friends.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
2014 still blows, but I got this p awesome swag in the mail today:

So 2014 blows just a little bit less now.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

So I really need a gift idea for my wife... Any thoughts? Goatse guy, I'd appreciate any insight into things a young woman would like... Same for any married guys in here

What kind of stuff is she into? It's hard to go wrong with a gift certificate for a massage, a spa day, or a manicure and pedicure. A new handbag. A scarf in her favor colors. Jewelry. A nice set of makeup brushes. A nice pair of heels. A perfume sampler from Sephora: http://m.sephora.com/product/P389011

If you or anyone else wants more specific recommendations, I'm happy to help out. I'm a total girly-girl at heart and I love shopping. ;-*

goatse guy fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 12, 2014

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

kastein posted:

Hahaha, straight razor users are like vegans then. How do you know they are one? They'll loving tell you :v:

If a vegan does crossfit and owns a BMW but doesn't own a TV, what will they tell you first?

I used to be a straightedge vegan and I made sure everyone knew about it.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

I started watching Gonzo (Hunter S. Thompson documentary) last night and got appropriately drunk while watching it. Didn't finish it though, so I've mixed up another drink and I'm just about to go finish it. Cigarettes after.

I hope you're drinking Wild Turkey.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Hell yes! I love the G wagons and I don't understand why. I've never been drawn to overly abusive relationships but I would love to experience that love/hate relationship.

I love crazy, and that's why I want to own a G wagon.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Wally Joyner posted:

Target has it's headquarters here in Minnesota but doesn't sell alcohol in any of stores I've been to.

I think they sell 3.2 at some of their stores here. It doesn't matter, because I've never encountered a Target that didn't have a liquor store within a block.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Riding in a car while my girlfriend is driving is going to give me a loving heart attack I swear to god. It's the only time I honestly get scared on the road.

I didn't let my ex drive very often, because he would space out and I'd have to remind him not to rear-end other vehicles, and he'd miss stop signs.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Mine likes to proudly tell people that she learned to drive on a farm on a tractor, not in a car. And it shows. Unsafe lane changes, follows way too close, rides her brakes. It's terrifying.

In the very beginning of our relationship, he expressed interest in learning to drive a manual and I'm always down to emasculate some dudes, but after seeing how he drove there was no way I was going to let him behind the wheel of either of my cars.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Nodoze posted:

I think I've got just enough in the house to get drunk tonight and I'm in quite the mood so party on

I have a bottle of wine. It's time to party.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

There are currently 39 bottles of wine in my apartment.

This is the only alcoholic beverage I have in my apartment. I haven't felt like drinking much in the past two months because of my current state, but I figure it anything can help me sort out my complication emotions, it's booze.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I'm marathoning Sons of Anarchy. I don't have to be at work until noon tomorrow so I'm gonna stay up... Hahaha just kidding I'm gonna fall asleep by 10.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

T1g4h posted:

You poor, poor thing. It's all downhill into pure, unadulterated poo poo starting with season 3.

As long as Jax Teller stays hot, I'm going to keep watching. :swoon:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

In that case it's good for every episode.

There's more eye candy than just Jax though, because I love those kinds of dudes that you can never bring home to mom.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
That's loving awful and whoever gave her that gift should be fired.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

cursedshitbox posted:

Indiana: Florida of the flyover states.

They're all the Florida of flyover states, aside from Minnesota.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

rscott posted:

State that gave us Michelle Bachmann

Everything outside of Minneapolis, Saint Paul, and Duluth also count as Florida. If some of the small towns got wiped off the face of the earth, I'd be okay with that.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

rscott posted:

Yet she was elected by Minnesotans and thus, in a quite literal sense, was given to us as a Nation by the state of Minnesota

We also gave you Target and 3M, so quit loving bitching.

T-Square, I know what I said. :colbert:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Wally Joyner posted:

Red hair and dull blue eyes here. Also, Hawaii was wonderful both times I've been lucky enough to visit. Even if I burn(ed).

I've got red hair and green eyes.

Family trips to the beach have never been fun for me, because no matter how much sunscreen I put on, I still burn somewhere.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

Oh my. It's such a stunning combination.

Yeah. It's a real shame about the rest of my face.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I financed a car for the first time ever and my credit score went up 35 points. It's still garbage though, because I've only had a CC for a year and a half.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Tomarse posted:

Just got home from a 16 hour day at work in the office. Got to be back there in 5 hours.

Only 3 working days left in my 2014. gently caress yes.

I have seven more working days in 2014. Holy poo poo. I am not going to be anywhere near my sales goals this month. :(

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Anyone else got some tattoos?

I found a way to make myself feel better. I just booked an appointment for a piece that involves 4 hours of blackwork fill in my right ditch.

I've got a bunch of tattoos and most of them have happened after breakups. I was going to get another one today, but I'm still recovering from having surgery on Wednesday and my body decided it would rather stay in bed all day.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Cakefool posted:

Isn't it enough someone gets fired, does she really need to sue as well?

Someone gave her a box of hangers as a gift and thought it would be okay. I think she might be onto something with her hostile work environment claim.

If someone gave you a present which basically amounted to saying, "I want you and your unborn child to die a horrible, painful death," wouldn't you be kind of mad too?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

rscott posted:

the point of suing someone isn't that you're mad at them, it's to seek recompense for damages done to you

It's intentional infliction of emotional distress.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Mat_Drinks posted:

Unless management screwed up the response or timing of it HR will have locked this situation down immediately and unless the company is a complete gently caress up, they'll have already had standing policies in place, likely signed by both employees in question, insulating the company from any liability. That said, who knows whether it insulates the guy that did the deed, but lawyers don't work for free and you can't get blood from a turnip (which this dude sounds like one for doing something like this).

Given the fact that the guy thought this was an appropriate gift for a workplace Secret Santa, I will bet there is a lot more going on that would make this a hostile work environment for a pregnant woman -- after all, most workplaces aren't friendly or sympathetic toward pregnant women to begin with.

Cakefool posted:

It's unlikely the intention was to distress a pregnant woman, more likely the guy is just stupid enough to think it's funny and appropriate.

Giving a box of hangers to a pregnant woman is akin to giving a gold Star of David patch to a Jewish person or a pair of shackles to a black person. Everyone knows the meaning of a coathanger to a pregnant woman.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

InitialDave posted:

As I'm understanding it, Mr rear end in a top hat did something, she complained, the company has instantly hammered him. Unless there is some kind of history here, I don't think that the company is culpable for that. Legally, they may be, but my moral standpoint would be that they have responded quickly and appropriately to the situation, not that they are causing her to have a hostile work environment. If there's more going on than this one incident, and it's been ignored, then fair enough, but I don't believe in holding the employer responsible for an individual being a oval office.

I'm not bagging on you, Goatse, but I think pushing further loses you the moral highground in this situation.

While this may be an isolated incident, I think it's worth looking into to see if there's some kind of workplace culture that would encourage and breed this sort of harassment.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
^^^ I used to work in the restaurant industry so I've seen the worst humanity has to offer, and I have retained a lawyer to deal with a hostile work environment before so our experiences are much, much different.

Most of my dealership comrades are pretty alright, but one of them actually DID make a rusty coathanger joke to me after I confided in him that I was pregnant, so that's why I have zero trouble believing that other pregnant women get treated like poo poo by people who think off-color jokes about unsafe abortions are funny.

Mat_Drinks posted:

edit, actually I think I need to reconsider my words above because I'm a dude so clearly I'm not capable of experiencing this in the same way so I may just be speaking from an rear end in a top hat place of privilege.

I wouldn't call it an rear end in a top hat place of privilege, but I would agree that you are not capable of experiencing and viewing it from the same angle as a woman and I think that's something that everyone should consider. I'm adamantly pro-choice, pro-maternity rights in the workplace, and an overall feminist killjoy so this is something that I've got a pretty strong reaction to.

goatse guy fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 20, 2014

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I decided to get eggnog and whiskey and it's all the misc chat thread's fault. I'm going to have a very merry Christmas Eve-eve.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I'm drinking eggnog and whiskey again and watching Love Actually with my dog. I'd say this holiday is going alright so far.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
Fucknag, it sounds like you need to move the gently caress away from your lovely life.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Viggen posted:

I don't know what this is.

I'm sure CSB would be happy to show you.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
Merry Christmas, AI!

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
The AIest Christmas gift of all, from my AI BFF :swoon::

I'm spending today alone and I'm extremely lonely and homesick, but I'm looking forward to going up north on Saturday after work. I'm going to surprise my mom because her birthday is on Sunday.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Wrar posted:

Just got engaged. Merry Christmas AI!

Congratulations dude!

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

nm posted:

There's an nmfree on the forums and every time he posts, I think ”gently caress you.”

There's a notthegoatseguy, and I smugly think, "you're loving right, because that's ME! I'm the goatse guy!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
Those plates rule. I'm also a huge fan of HST.

• Locked thread