Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Tomorrow is Monday, and even worse, it's the first Monday after a long holiday. So December is off to a fairly lovely start.

gently caress 2014, gently caress December, gently caress Mondays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

fjelltorsk posted:

I got my hands on two lightly tuned b230fk Volvo engines with transmissions. Now I only need a 850 estate to put them in. Anyone have tips on how to do the fly by wire stuff I will need?

The B230F engine won't work in an 850, at least, not without some serious fabrication anyway. The 850 is FWD and uses the B5234 engine series. The B230 will work great in any 240, 740, or 940 though!

Unless the entire point of this is to make some ridiculous twin engine, twin transmission, twin driveshaft insanity wagon, in which case go right ahead.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

fjelltorsk posted:

Thats why i got two of them.

:monocle: In that case, godspeed with your search, can't wait to see this project.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

MomJeans420 posted:

What's the story behind the garbage dick avatars I'm seeing all over the place?

It's the new Stupid Newbie av.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

NitroSpazzz posted:

I bought an electronic ignition (to replace points) three years ago. I bought shocks and springs for the E21 project in August...2013. I bought sway bars on Black Friday 2013. I bought a complete parts car solely for the 5 speed transmission sometime summer 2013. I bought wheel spacers last spring and have NO idea where the hell they disappeared to. Then to screw things up I bought all new shocks/springs/struts/etc this Black Friday. I finally got the car out of the corner and started on it last week.

I know the feeling.

Yeah, I bought a nice set of drop springs for my Celica back in 2010, they are still in their original packaging, same as the shocks I bought at the same time, as well as brake calipers and other poo poo. I've got a whole box of stuff for my 855T that I bought two years ago before I discovered how bad the engine was fried. Hell, I even have a full set of tie-rods and ball-joints for the 245 that are at least a year old at this point.

At this point my collection of car parts is probably worth more than the cars :sigh:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Hmm, this feels...familiar. I stalk your blog

I'm laughing my rear end off anyway though. Holy gently caress the ending if you continue talking back to the narrator, hahahaahah

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

CornHolio posted:

Speaking of sleeping disorders, does anybody else occasionally have sleep paralysis?

I've read that it happens when the part of your brain that controls your motor skills falls asleep, but your conciousness and awareness lags behind. It creates some really goddamn terrifying sensations - laying there, feeling like your chest is constricting, unable to move or yell or anything, for what seems like hours.

One time I decided to roll with it and maybe I'd fall asleep, and holy poo poo never again. It felt like I was slipping into an endless abyss.

I'm usually able to break free if I struggle enough, and according to my wife it just looks like I'm laying there whimpering softly. It feels like I'm loving dying though.

I've learned not to sleep on my back, and that has helped a lot. It rarely happens anymore.

Tell me I'm not the only one.

I had that happen to me once or twice when I was younger, but I'm pretty sure it was caused by taking my ADD medication and then trying to sleep. Still not a fun experience at all.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Fart Pipe posted:

I dont get paralysis but I get brain explosions. Right as Im about to fall asleep Ill get a huge noise/light explosion in my head and it wakes me right up. Goes quite nicely with my horrible insomnia.

Fuckin' Exploding Head Syndrome. Another thing I get very rarely. First time it happened I thought someone had fired a shotgun next to my head. Usually only happens if I'm super stressed out.

Insomnia never goes away though, yeah.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Sorry to hear about your grandmother, Kozmonaut :(

Been a real lovely year for AI family members, drat.

So I know this is mostly my fault for going to a chain restaurant, but I just had the nastiest pasta in my life. I was trying to eat healthier so I ordered a chicken and broccoli pasta at Ruby Tuesday's. poo poo came out so loving greasy it was literally swimming, and I think one bite had 2 days worth of sodium content. How the gently caress do you make chicken, broccoli, and pasta with a light cheese sauce greasier than a pan full of bacon? Jesus. There was more goddamn grease than sauce!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Aw, gently caress, really?

gently caress 2014, for real. gently caress cancer.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Maker Of Shoes posted:

45 minutes to drive 8 loving miles on surface streets. Why? Oh, 4 drops of water fell out of the sky in the desert.

Also, I'm irrationally angry at people who drive in bad weather with just their DRL's and no tails. If I lived somewhere where it rained more I'm pretty sure my head would explode in a year.

It's VA law to turn your lights on if it's raining/snowing/foggy. I'm fairly certain I could hit my monthly ticket quota in one rainy day if I was a cop here.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Fo3 posted:

The only month I hate more than Nov is Dec, hopefully it's my last.

Fo3 posted:

Costs too much anyway, and I only have $300 left to last the rest of my life.

Uh, are you OK, man? :ohdear:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Fo3 posted:

When I'm posting I'm just bitter/angry/sad/depressed. When I stop, well that's when I'm really bad.
Dunno, falcon's out of rego, drivers licence almost overdue, might go off for a drive. I hate December, it makes everything worse.
gently caress 2014
I'll be back maybe to list my rx3/808 929/rx4 project cars inc extra panels, interior and a couple of engines for aussie goons before I know WTF to do I suppose, if not, the log in is auto on this PC so maybe someone else can.

Please don't do anything rash or hurt yourself, find someone to talk to or just vent at us, anything. It's been said but AI tries to look after each other and we've already lost a good poster this year.

I think about suicide on almost a weekly basis (seriously) but I keep looking forward to tomorrow, cuz you just never know what could happen next. Depression isn't fun to deal with but you aren't alone man.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

keykey posted:

He had a knife thread in DIY that was pretty cool with great info: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3570191

Someone should report his death to the admin team so they can permaban his account, as is customary in these situations. :smith:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
gently caress, sorry about your friend Motronic. :smith:

gently caress 2014, but most definitely gently caress Cancer

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

InitialDave posted:

Some of us hate everyone.

My man :respek:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Hahaha some kid is breakdancing down a crosswalk at one of the busiest intersections in my city.

Pics or it didn't happen

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Protip eating a bunch of mushrooms alone doesnt help face your demons

I won't say I told you so...

Hope it didn't get too bad, dude.

Also, yes, I am definitely still interested in the goon-sauce, PM sent.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

LloydDobler posted:

Absolutely. I still have a couple letters I wrote to my ex wife while we were getting divorced, at the time I was filled with immense rage and despair but now I can read them and feel almost nothing at all. The best side effect was that by saying it to myself it kept me from stirring poo poo up with her that would only have led to more financial problems for me, in terms of antagonizing her vs being amicable.

Yup, I've got several pages of thoughts and poo poo I typed up over a year long period while getting over an ex. poo poo helps immensely to just get it out of your head.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tusen Takk posted:

These are all fantastic:
[video type="youtube"]tg-\b8skNNY0[/ideo]
[video type="youtube"]ru6ri23Ljk[/vido]
[video type="youtube"]s4UEfGF8DU[/vide]
[video type="youtube"]yxY8xJOwWY[/video

I remember my first american sweet :911:

These were loving great, thanks.

When my best friend and I moved into the lovely single-wide trailer that we rented in college, the previous tenants had left only one thing: A partially eaten tub of Vegemite in the fridge. The first night there we were bored as hell and tired from moving all day, and dared each-other to try a small bite. It was honestly the most vile thing I have ever tasted in my life, and I've accidentally bitten down on a stink bug before. How in the hell do you guys eat that stuff?

We left it in the fridge for the entire time we lived there and when we moved out it was the only thing left in the fridge...waiting.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

My 21 year old cat back home, Joey, was put down today. He didn't go without a fight. He's been in ailing health for almost 5 years, and I'm pretty sure was keeping himself alive out of spite and anger for all living things. He was hit by a car in front of our house, broke his back, and dragged himself home with his front legs. My parents elected to have him put down because of the age and extent of his injuries.

Knowing Joey, he chose the car. He probably stared it down like Don Qihote, and said this is the day. This is by my choosing I end my life and not let myself go quietly into the long night. And not even the car was able to kill that savage.

Rest in peace, battler of squirrels, raccoons, possums, and dogs. May you continue your path of rampage in the next world. I hope you sit in th halls of Cathalla awaiting the final battle a the end of time.

A fantastic eulogy for what was clearly an amazing rear end in a top hat of a catte. Rest in peace, good cat.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Thanks for all the interest in the hot sauce - if it's reviewed well by the three recipients and I get some time after the holidays, maybe I'll do a few batches and set up a paypal account. People have been telling me to get off my rear end and start selling it for some time now. I know y'all motherfuckers have good taste and enjoy pain, so it'd be a good way to test the waters I suppose.

CSB, angryhampster, terrible robot I got your pms and will mail out as time allows hopefully this week.

Excellent, I can't wait to try it out!

cursedshitbox posted:

:buddy:
Drop your paypal to me please~

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Can anyone think of a reason that I shouldnt have eaten a half dozen taco bell tacos that sat on my counter since 8pm yesterday

Yeah I once ate two 5 layer burritos that had been in the floorboard of my car for a day or so before (in wrappers, duh), I think you'll be ok.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

mariooncrack posted:

Is there an awful equivalent for iOS? I only saw one app that has "unofficial" in the title and wasn't sure if that was the one to use.

Yeah that's the one, it should have an icon that looks like a Gold rated thread.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
At this point the only way I'll be getting another girlfriend is if she somehow wanders out of the woods into my yard/garage while I'm wrenching on something and decides to stick around. I'm putting no effort into it anymore, don't really feel like exposing my many neuroses and flaws upon another person anyways.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Viggen posted:

Please tell me you'll have the decency to have her chipped, spayed, and immunized. :ohdear:

I'd probably get a kennel and a nice leash, too :pervert:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I was hoping to buy a BlipShift 710 bag and 6 speed stress ball and both sold out hours before I had the money for them :(

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tusen Takk posted:

Meh, I mostly started doing it because everyone was so tired of the yaks that are like "I NEED MY DICK SUCKED" and "ANYONE WANNA gently caress IN STUDY ROOM ABC?" and now those posts dont come up as often. I'd say I did my university a favour :v:

The yik-yak at the college I work at is so goddamn boring, I swear the student's here are all secretly 65 years old. Comments that would have a hundred upvotes at other schools get deleted within seconds here.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

cursedshitbox posted:

I have become the -PO-

It's a drat shame we'll never get to see the new owner's (or the next one, whoever has to deal with it) reaction to your crank pulley "fix".

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Adiabatic posted:

Nice to meet you alternate.eago, lurker brother, and iForge! Good seeing you again Terrible Robot!

Hell yeah, I had a great time, nice to see you again, too! Goons continue to be great people to hang out with, it was awesome meeting more. Look forward to doing it again some time.

Thanks again to alternate.eago and his brother for hosting, and for the pile of Celica parts :D

e; I didn't get back until after midnight, lol

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Dec 14, 2014

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Oh yeah, as if the great day spent hanging out with goons wasn't enough, when I got home a small package was waiting for me in the mailbox, from someone whose name I did not know. Thinking it was my AISS gift, I swiftly tore into it to find something just as good: The Royal Nonesuch's hot sauce! It is incredibly good, with a really strong bite that is matched by its flavor. Seriously, this is really great sauce, it's going to be hard to ration it out.

Strongly recommend you start producing and selling this, it's got the chops.

e; Congrats on the kid, BraveUlysses! :D

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tusen Takk posted:

I have 4L of gin and 2L of tonic for some reason.

Do you also have a large, clean bucket? :getin:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tusen Takk posted:

I do, actually.

I would love to get drunk right now but I also would like to marathon Castle series 2 tonight :v:

I can't really think of a better way to watch any prime-time show other than drunk as all hell and heckling the TV.

I do this to all shows/movies, even the ones I like, because I'm an rear end in a top hat.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

thegasman2000 posted:

Just chiming in to say child number 2 was born Sunday and is also a reflux nightmare... Boy and a girl so all finished now !

Congrats on completing the set!

Time to get matching his & hers go-karts. It's never too young; if they can squeeze a finger they can hold a steering wheel :v:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Fucknag posted:

ultimately humanity sucks, nuke the planet and let the roaches take over

Come on, meteor...

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

kastein posted:

I would be perfectly alright with nuking all states that don't contain twisty hilly turny back roads. Also, Indiana.

My man :respek:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tomarse posted:

Just got home from a 16 hour day at work in the office. Got to be back there in 5 hours.

Only 3 working days left in my 2014. gently caress yes.

:hfive:

It's nice working for a college some times. I work tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday and then I'm off until either the 2nd or the 5th.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Four hours of vacation time that I need to use or lose before the end of the year, looks like today is going to be a halfer. And I'll still have 40 hours that will roll over to next year, giving me two whole weeks of vacation :psyduck:

All this time off I get is great and everything but honestly I'd really prefer a nice pay increase instead. Days off are only good to me if I can afford car parts and tools.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 19, 2014

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

This is the first one of these videos I've watched, and I'm fuckin' hooked. There goes my productivity tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

rndmnmbr posted:

Complete rear end of a night. I got home, went to take a nice, hot, relaxing shower, and my tub faucet informed me that it was going to be one of those days by falling off the fixture and bringing six inches of corroded copper pipe with it.

Got a cork and a large-ish hose clamp handy? You (maybe) can still take that hot shower today :eng101:

That's how I took a shower for 3 weeks in college after the lovely plastic faucet/pipe in the single-wide I was renting got broken the gently caress off (a story for some other time).

• Locked thread