Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

:cawg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Are we posting pictures of Christmas trees in this thread? Cause I'm posting pictures of my tree dammit!

Merry Christmas, you depressing assholes!

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Rhyno posted:

I thought mimosa's had champaign in them?

They do. So as far as girly-drinks go, where does moonshine mixed with lemonade go? Cause I had some of that at a party last night and I fell in love. (And on the couch :ssh:)

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Alright, so ove gir a decision to make. My parents just got a newer car, my grandma's 07 Buick. So they asked me if I wanted on of their cars. Currently I drive a 92 Jeep Cherokee (4.0 manual) and have the choice of a 97 V8 Mercury Mountaineer or a 06 V6 Ford Explorer.

The Mountaineer has been fairly abused by my dad, mechanically its ok, but it's been driven down a clay road almost daily, and had some dents. The interior is also kinda coming apart. It does have some issues form all the clay and sand getting everywhere though.
The Explorer has been garage kept and maintained fairly well. It has some rust on the roof, but otherwise is pretty spotless. It's a really boring car though, and kind of a slug. But it is reliable, and it would be nice to have such a thing, especially going to school and working, since I dint have much free time to work on cars.

I wouldn't be giving up the Jeep either, just trading it temporarily for one of those cars. So WWAID?

ExplodingSims fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Dec 25, 2014

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Cage posted:

What years are they? The explorer and the mountaineer are like 99% the same suv, arent they? Except for the grille and headlights.

Forgot to mention that. It's a 97 Mountaineer, and a 06 Explorer.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I need a detached shop. I have tons of energy and want to work on garage projects, but it's almost 1 AM, and my current garage shares a wall with the neighbors house. Stupid neighbors and their sleep needing.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So i just discovered the old pot I bought to use for oil changes and stuff has a few small holes in the bottom. AFTER I filled it with used oil. :suicide:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

So what was everyone's best christmas present?

I got the Fieldpeice SMAN4 for Christmas, I've wanting one for work for a while now.

Oh, and I also traded cars with my dad and got this big dumb thing:

Fits like a glove, why I still have centimeteres of garage space left with this thing!

Yeah, we middle-class now. :c00lbutt:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

BrokenKnucklez posted:

oh god, its mediocrity!
And how! But hey, it's reliable and not 22 years old, so it works for me. For now. Until I can trade it up for another actually interesting car. Plus I can still trade back for my Cherokee later if I want.

quote:

Totino's party pizzas.... for telling the world "I have given up"

Totino's Party Pizza's are the best pizzas for after work. Just slam one of those in the toster oven and call it a night.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

BrokenKnucklez posted:

The banquet tv dinners... nope nope, thats still asking for full on pain.

V6? I alwasy wanted to snag a V8 model myself, but the earlier models with the 5.0, it wouldn't be hard to do a few mods to make it quicker. Plus the upper trim levels are darn near Rover comfort, but a little gimmicky.

Honestly though, it has to be full beam axles front and rear or full independent suspension. For some reason any other SUV with IFS front/Solid rear never feels planted on the road.

4.0L SOHC V6. I mean, it's not really a bad car, but it's quite a change stepping up from a Cherokee. Even before I got handed this thing I had looked at Mountaineers of the same vintage. They looked pretty snazzy and had a nice V8 and most of all thanks to the gas prices were stupid cheap. But Hey, it's a more or less free upgrade, so I could do worse. It does have a lot more trunk space as well, which is also nice.

ExplodingSims fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 28, 2014

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

mariooncrack posted:

What's the reasoning behind this?

She doesn't want to raise kids alone. :v:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Motronic posted:

Holy poo poo that thing is awesome.

It really is. Built in Micron gauge, temp clamp display, and automatic superheat and subcooling calculations, plus it can link up with other Fieldpiece meters and give you an all in one display with like amps and other temp reading. Makes me kinda regret buying a UEI meter already. (But gives me another excuse to buy another one :ssh:) Plus the UEI is awesome all on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I just ordered a bunch of Mark Ronson CD's off of Amazon. Now I feel the need to buy the biggest bargiest 1970's landbarge money can buy.

• Locked thread