Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Fuck2014.gif is the only constructive thing I have contributed to this forum, and I'm okay with that (well, that and :jebstare:).

I just got the final buttons in for my minor dashboard makeover in the beetle. No actual blue :siren:s, because that would be illegal, but the air horn is amazing :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

quote:

You chose to name your cat sdflsdlfs.
sdflsdlfs's affection for you was 13 (out of a possible 18!).
You petted her back and sides 2 times.
You petted her cheeks and chest 3 times.
Her ears were skritched 2 times.
You risked the deadly belly trap 1 times.

You achieved ending 5: Kitty smooches.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Just a warning, I'll almost certainly be a blubbering mess if tears in about 40 hours. I don't deal with death well and so far this isnt real.

It's okay, we understand. Remember,

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I get sleep paralysis maybe once or twice a month. Every single time, I think I'm going to suffocate, because I'm not in conscious control of my breathing. It's scary as poo poo.

In other news:

Tomorrow, I take the beetle to Lake Havasu, 3.5 hours, 200 miles away for a job interview. Today, I changed the oil and bought new wiper blades, as well as checked the tire pressure. I have a large wrench, assorted tools, and two spare fan belts with me. Anything specific I should take?

I mean, 3 hours is nothing for a normal car, but this will be my first minor road trip with the beetle. Even though I drive it 30 minutes each way almost daily to work on the freeway (or 45 minutes on surface streets on hot days), the stakes are a little higher here. I want to avoid yet another fuck2014.gif scenario.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

This. No shade, big distances between places, no cell signal.

IOwnCalculus posted:

The water is for you, not the car.

Timmy Cruise posted:

Probably replace water with spare fan belt and add oil?

Okay. I'll bring water, make sure the spare is aired up, jack, fan belt, oil, and tools. Sounds simple, as I've got everything but the water in the car already.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yeah, I've got a Compu-fire I installed a few months ago. You make a good point - I'll be sure to throw a points set in the glovebox just in case.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

quote:

The exhaust leak pings happily as you accelerate into the sunset and out of this city full of bad memories.

THE END

:frogc00l:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Adiabatic posted:

So the hearing was today, not tomorrow. My parents just got out of court. The judge had my aunt's number before the thing even started (she was in blue jeans and wasn't respectful at all) and they didn't even have to bring up my uncle. It went that well.

If she wants conservatorship (not executorship whoops) she has to:

1. Be bonded (if she does anything illegal or immoral the bond company is liable)
2. Pay rent at my grandmother's house instead of taking it over rent-free
3. Sell my grandmother's car instead of driving it around
4. Appeal to the court directly for any type of action aside from paying bills

There's also the issue of the will. The original is in all likelihood in a lock-box at the bank, and we were worried she'd destroy it the moment she found it. The judge ordered that either my mother or my cousin (dead uncle's son) be with my aunt the first time she opens it.

Now if we can just settle the wrongful death thing and figure out who murdered my uncle without the jail successfully covering up anything... We will have to wait for the results of the SLED investigation before we know which way that's going.

Turns out there may be justice in the world. :unsmith:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Track day NO

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I just drove through literally 100 miles of torrential rain to find out that Lake Havasu City sucks balls.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
27.2 and 25.5mpg for each 100 mile leg of the trip so far in the beetle. First leg was dry and 65mph steady flat, second leg was horribly wet, varied between 40 and 60mph (stuck behind semis the ENTIRE half), and was mostly uphill.

Pretty pleased so far.
E: RCR bros :respek:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Dumping in gen chat thread, on mobile.

99.7 miles in.

In lake havasu at the literal best station I could find in the dark, a loving Arco. Everything else was closed.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Everyone's family is dying this year!

(I made it back alive from the 6-hour road trip. Got a job offer, but the job itself is low pay and lovely. Plus side, gas was only $40 for the entire trip).

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Viggen posted:

gently caress 1984. <:mad:>

E: Cleaned lint off a pickup roller and rewound tape with a pencil. We're good. :c00l:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
:ohdear:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Voltage posted:

I also installed the new WOW expansion for a 10 day trial, someone help I can't let it take over my life again

Remember when we used to do heroin? Like, we paid a guy monthly to let us do heroin? Let's lock the kids in a closet and do heroin again.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Fo3 posted:

Trying to not think about things.
Don't worry about me, there's not much that can be done, sorry for posting in the first place.
Think of something else to post in the chat thread please.

Congrats commieGIR.

The gently caress is this? Call for some help. I'd ask other aus members to contact you, but your country is crazy spread out.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
So, you remember that Scion for Soldiers contest last month I spammed here? Well, I didn't win, but that's no biggie. I did get this email, however

quote:

Hello,

Thank you for serving, congratulations once again.

At this time the winners of the Scion XB have been notified. However, with Scion every warrior wins. Scion is honoring every soldier whose video was posted on the scion for soldiers website with a check for $250.00.

I've attached a copy of the Ride & Event flyer for your convenience, and you do not have to be present to receive this award.

If you can make it we will have your V.I.P. tickets available for you at Hogs & Horses. Your ticket includes food, 2 drinks, and preferred seating. Please RSVP to this email if you have not already done so a this time.

Thank you again for serving and for giving us the opportunity to hear your story.

The final event on the Ride and Event flyer was in Hogs and Horses bar/grill up in Cave Creek. That's 45 minutes away, but worth it for $250 and some greasy bar food, right? Well, I reply to that email a few days ago when I got it, she confirms the RSVP and whatever "VIP" tickets are. The final stop on the flyer, Hogs and Horses, was scheduled to go from 1500-1800, with winners and prizes handed out at 1800, at the very end. I told her that I wouldn't be able to make it until 1600, she said that was fine.

So, I make it up there by 1645 because I vastly underestimate how loving far it is in traffic, and because this is our drill weekend and it ran a little longer than usual, but I'm still there. Out front there's the scion people, I talk to them, nobody knows what the gently caress I'm talking about. They confirm that there is a "VIP lounge" upstairs for all of the soldiers that had videos posted, but that all of the tickets were handed out already and I couldn't go up there. I give them my name, they say I'm not on the list (a first in my life - really loving bizarre. I've never been to a place with "a list" before). I snoop around a bit inside and try to talk to people, already really loving embarrassed because finding out where your free poo poo is that you don't even deserve but people insist on giving you is really loving embarrassing. They start announcing raffle winners around 1700 while I'm still looking around, and all of the drunk bikers and organizers are acting really shady and I feel like they're glaring at me.

Eventually, I left, and sent this email to the organizer:

quote:

I came all the way up to hogs n horses (I'm here now, 1705, a little late but the best I could do with drill), but couldn't find where to go for awhile, and then when I did find the right area, nobody had my name and it was confusing, so I'm going home. The raffle had just started, for timeframe. Thank you anyway, and have a happy holiday.

Then, on the way home, I suffered a puncture, and it looks like it was from the chip rock parking lot gravel they had at Hogs and Horses. A rock got stuck in my tread, and just a few miles down the road it punctured through (there was a vibration, yes, but Cave Creek road is a piece of loving pile of poo poo gently caress lovely condition gently caress lovely road that I didn't notice any difference than on the way up). My tires still have 80% tread left easily, and are only a year old, but no place is willing to put a plug in a loving center-of-tread pinhole puncture. Thankfully, last year my uncle bought me an AMA membership, and they were willing to come and tow my small car back to my house.

I know it seems weird to be butthurt about a contest loving up, but this was under the guise of helping soldiers etc, I was only late because I was at a National Guard drill (and she said there is no such thing as "late" unless I showed up after 1800), and now I'm out easily another $150 for a pair of tires, money I don't have in the loving holiday season. Everything about today was bullshit :suicide:

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 7, 2014

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
From what I understand, it's the easiest, safest plug to do, and I didn't run it on flat or anything. Just the local area, I guess.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's just a bullshit day and I have to get up at 3AM to be at the unit by 4AM to do this loving Muster.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's my birthday tomorrow :marc:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
For my birthday today, I get to take care of my critically I'll fiancee, who's been sick for nearly a week now.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

T1g4h posted:

Well gently caress. Found out at work today that our little backup well has finally hit its limit. Pumping water 24 hours a day now and it's no longer filling the tank, merely holding the water level steady. Working on getting the National Guard to bring in a filtration system so we can hook the main well up to and try to filter out the muddy water it started pumping a few months ago so we can hopefully get it hooked back into the system and not run things completely dry, otherwise the town's going without water indefinitely.

Where's that gently caress 2014 .gif?

On my imgur, of course.

Also, so far, today has sucked balls.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 8, 2014

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

My 21 year old cat back home, Joey, was put down today. He didn't go without a fight. He's been in ailing health for almost 5 years, and I'm pretty sure was keeping himself alive out of spite and anger for all living things. He was hit by a car in front of our house, broke his back, and dragged himself home with his front legs. My parents elected to have him put down because of the age and extent of his injuries.

Knowing Joey, he chose the car. He probably stared it down like Don Qihote, and said this is the day. This is by my choosing I end my life and not let myself go quietly into the long night. And not even the car was able to kill that savage.

Rest in peace, battler of squirrels, raccoons, possums, and dogs. May you continue your path of rampage in the next world. I hope you sit in th halls of Cathalla awaiting the final battle a the end of time.

It's 1500, I've had a beer (which means I'm drunk - my alcohol tolerance has steadily declined over the past five years), I'm playing Cookie Clicker, and I just read something badass. gently caress you It's my birthday I can do what I want.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL4kIk8mXSk

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

leica posted:

So the VA had me swallow a camera "pill" so they can see the inner bowels of my personal hell. I'm wearing a belt with a receiver on it and it's very odd. The camera is supposed to be flushed but I'm tempted to get it out of my poop for a souvenir :v:

Must be your personality then? Women are far less shallow than guys when it comes to looks, if you can't land a reasonably looking woman maybe your attitude sucks.

Check out mikeselectricstuff on YouTube. He has a few videos with teardowns of different camera pills. Fascinating.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Wait, is the south really as it was depicted in the Top Gear "Hillary for President" America Road Trip episode? I mean, I did BCT in SC, and I've been through Florida, but that's it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

So the lady that hit me is on the same insurer. Guess who's in the waiting room with me at the estimate shop.

Awkward.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
New Mad Max, new Terminator, and The Little Prince :dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8IEEuJzVaE

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The bigger question: does your screen have a hole in it?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Viggen posted:

"Alone in the Dark" was pretty awesome and glitchy as gently caress in 1992.

Instead of space bar instsmash-speed, the next generation will have to carry a second-generation CD player in one hand- and not disturb it while trying not to get dead.

ARE YOU loving LISTENING, SONY? Probably not.. you can't pass that rouge of a level, either.

E: Jesus gently caress I fail english. Yeah, well, gently caress you too..

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Devyl posted:

Welp, found out I got let go from work today. Merry early Christmas everyone!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Steak medium or medium rare is fine. As a completely separate taste sensation, though, I also occasionally enjoy things that have been burned/charred a little, though, like overdone chicken or ribs from those traveling smoker guys, or burned hamburgers from a campfire, or slightly burned grilled bacon-cheese sandwiches. But it's difficult to convey that sentiment without "GRAAAAH YOU NEED A KICK IN THE BALLS FOR RUINING STEAK"-guys yelling at me, while I back away pleading "No! I, too, enjoy steak! I just also enjoy this other, unique, flavor too!"

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Get loving help holy poo poo, please.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Nidhg00670000 posted:

I cut my finger kind of bad at work, so instead of doing it myself I went to a tyre place to get my winter tyres put on. It's not a chain store type thing, but it's quite big (I'd say about twenty bays all in all), fast and cheap, and every guy I saw used torque sticks. Every. Last. One. :psyduck:

Was it a fever dream?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Welp, sitting in a left turn lane in the ambulance, with a patient, and a douchenozzle going straight hits his mirror on my passenger mirror, then immediately claims I hit him and calls the police. 2012 GMC sierra pickup. Sitting in a clinic right now waiting to get a drug test (I'll pass, but still) and I automatically lose my driving status and have to pay $400 for Rural/Metro's insurance deductible, and $175 to take EVOC again so I can drive, even though I'm not at fault.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

quote:

Wait, because someone hit an emergency vehicle, that was sitting in a turning lane, you're assumed to be at fault?

How does an ambulance sitting still in a turning lane wind up at fault for someone hitting them?
When he hits me sideways enough that it knocks my mirror backwards (he kinda drifted into me while slowing down to stop) so it looks like I hit him going forwards from behind, even though his mirror was knocked back, too.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Cakefool posted:

Wait, you have to pay the insurance deductible? Ate they actively trying to dissuade people from working there?

:911:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I am halfway through a...big (?) bottle of Fireball. As somebody who gets drunk from one (1) can/bottle (your preference) of beer, this is a big step up for me. Unlike some others of the 13 (FOURTEEN) inch persuasion, I try to keep punctuation and grammar (GRAMMAR) mostly correct, if slightly nonsensical. Holy poo poo I just discovered JonTron on YouTube. A little too much PewDiePie (FUCKTHATGUY WHAT THE gently caress WHY DO PEOPLE WATCH THAT GUY), but I'm dealing with it. Maybe SwedishMealTime or Beyond the Garden Wall is in order, yes?

Anybody else get drunk and watch AgentJayZ turbofan/jet engine videos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Bitch I've watched regular car videos before you've even gotten the notification that they've posted!

• Locked thread