Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

drat, the mustang has some serious power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyWtoY7hW2k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

blk posted:

Also if someone thinks buying salvage OEM alloys for snow tires is a terrible idea because they will likely never balance or something, please stop me now.

It can be hit or miss, the wheels from my salvage rollover looked fine but all but one aren't true. Two are slightly off but balance fine and the last I had straightened and it's balanced but there's still some slight wobble. Should be alright for winters but I'm planning on selling them cheap and finding something else for winter wheels. Otherwise I've been dealing with salvage cars for a while now and this rollover was the first that had issues with wheels that weren't obviously hosed

Another anecdote, local guy bought a set of the gold STI bbs wheels from a seller on nasioc and they turned out bent as well. Has me a little worried about buying used wheels online.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Awesome, someone broke into the veloster last night, contents of the glove box and center console everywhere, nothing stolen just sifted through, guessing whoever did it was looking for change since they left behind the registration, tire pump, sunglasses, etc. :mad:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

some texas redneck posted:

I have no idea what else uses 19mm lug nuts aside from Toyota Camrys/Avalons.

For future reference, Subaru uses 19mm lugs as well, and think so do a lot of Honda's. Don't know what the prices are like in Texas but up here you could pick up a 19mm socket and a 2ft breaker bar for about that price too, and the US tends to be cheaper than Canada for most things.

A ratcheting breaker bar is awesome by the way, still have to abuse/test it to see if the ratcheting mechanism can stand up to the same punishment as a regular breaker bar but so far it's handled suspension work and wheel duty just fine.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

some texas redneck posted:

but doesn't really seem to respond to anything except kitty

Cats are supposed to respond to something other than the sound of food? learn something new everyday.

• Locked thread