Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

First time I had sleep paralysis I hadn't heard of it before and thought that I'd died in my sleep. Couldn't feel anything, could't hear anything, just my thoughts in an infinite black void.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Sorry about your grandma KozmoNaut, lost all my grandparents a few years ago. My sister is so young she will probably only have vague memories of on grandad.

With all the death this year have there been any regular posters who have just vanished? :ohdear:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Fo3 posted:

When I'm posting I'm just bitter/angry/sad/depressed. When I stop, well that's when I'm really bad.
Dunno, falcon's out of rego, drivers licence almost overdue, might go off for a drive. I hate December, it makes everything worse.
gently caress 2014
I'll be back maybe to list my rx3/808 929/rx4 project cars inc extra panels, interior and a couple of engines for aussie goons before I know WTF to do I suppose, if not, the log in is auto on this PC so maybe someone else can.

gently caress 2014 but it is almost 2015.

Hang in there man.
There is still hope providing someone has your back and you've got a forum full of them right here.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

My parents were super generous and loaned me the deposit to be able to buy a house. I'm paying it back monthly but it means I'm not pissing money away in rent money whilst saving for a deposit.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Spent part of today taking part in a photoshoot for a charity nude calendar.
The ratio of guys to girls that have seen me naked may have shifted over now.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Pics or it didn't happen.

If you want pics you have to buy the calendar once it is printed.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Rhyno posted:

What if all our arms fall of????

We build new ones out of spare wiper blades

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

some texas redneck posted:

Finally figured out why my PC has been having issues rebooting. Mom's PC and mine both have the same internal media card reader. A few months ago, hers started having issues booting up (it would take up to 15 tries to get it to get past the BIOS), and I noticed the "in use" LED blinking on the card reader at the time. Unplugged it, and it's been fine ever since.

Mine would either hang at the motherboard logo screen, or it would boot, ask for my PIN (Windows 8.1), then hang. Spent 15 minutes just trying to get into the BIOS (ok, UEFI?) settings with no luck, couldn't even get into the boot menu. Noticed the in use LED blinking on my card reader. Unplugged it, works perfect now.

I guess the moral of the story is avoid <:10bux: card readers. Gonna have to find a new one to get photos off my camera though, it doesn't have a USB port (it has HDMI and GPS ports, even external mic and RCA outputs, but no USB).

Was there are card in the reader when the "in use" was blinking?

When I installed a card reader into my desktop it decided to default the boot order to whatever was on a card first.
Then I got drunk and tried to put a CF card in upside down and smashed it

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Fo3 posted:

I was with my 2 yr old and was got him to eat a stir fry i made plus was cooking him a cottage pie base to freeze for him to eat next week. Doing a mild 'keema' curry style meat, and hopefully someone else can make a mash with the sweet potato I have for him. If he wasn't there and I wasn't cooking for him/thinking about him, well

Sounds like a reason to keep going to me

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Free bars are good.

The day after free bars are not so great.

If someone could pop down the shop and get me some bread and ham that would be marvelous.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

blk posted:

I just had a lovely thought - What if AI had a white elephant party with lovely cars as the gifts?

Everyone just dumps a Land Rover on CSB's driveway whilst he sleeps and waits nearby for his reaction.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Got a letter from the taxman a couple weeks back saying I owed a couple hundred pounds in taxes on unemployment benefits between 2013-14.
Phoned them and after 30 minutes of being on hold managed to say I've been employed that whole time and therefore haven't recieved any benefits so I can't owe them money, they said they'd sort it.
Got another letter basically saying "We spoke with the department of work and pensions and you have been getting benefits, we still want the tax money. Go speak to the DWP yourself" (no contact info given, mind)
Phoned the DWP: "We have no record of you recieving any benefits, we will send you a letter that states this which you will have to forward to the tax office via recorded delivery"

So I have paid a load in phone fees and will need to pay postage fees just to stop the tax office from taking money off me that they shouldn't take from me.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Goober Peas posted:

And also, let us not forget that Freelop is selling pictures of his weener.

It's a picture of my bum. There are no full frontal pictures in the calendar.
It just sucks that the one guy who was taking the photo remotely and sending it in hasn't actually done it so we are 1 month short at the moment.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

cursedshitbox posted:

Right there with you. I'm not really a fan of the idea of a manual jag.

Have to disagree with you there

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows/jaguar-adds-manual-option-and-awd-2016-f-type

One of these would be very nice

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Pham Nuwen posted:

It's pretty handy, I recommend it.

You can have a credit card and still be debt-free... well, I mean you build up a debt over the month, then you pay it off each month, and then your credit score improves.

Edit: I mean I'm sure you know this poo poo, I'm just sayin.

Under advice from my dad I got a credit card at 18 specifically to help me build up a credit rating.
By making sure it is paid back each month you don't end up paying interest, I just use it for buying fuel.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Hold on a little longer and get yourself an electric lotus a Detroit Electric SP:01

http://detroit-electric-group.com/sp01.html

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

What the gently caress point is a job when you have nothing to work for

Fo3 posted:

I asked myself the same thing every day. I had no answer. Nothing.
Booze and drugs become meaningless too because there is no release, there's just nothing.

The world is as varied as it is huge and I intend on seeing as much of it as possible.
For the past 2 years I've failed to to get off this island but I won't give up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wra5CAaoZe4
That's my ultimate place to get to.
Get there first, it's a challenge.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Changed a rear bulb that was dead today and only broke one retaining clip

the only retaining clip

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I got my friend for her birthday a cd from a band she loves thats autographed by the bands members . For packaging I was thinking wrapped in festive paper, then plastic, then brown paper, alternating layers of gorilla tape, screwed between two shingles, then sealed in plastic again with more gorilla tape over that, then placed in a box filled with expanding foam.

She already knows what she's getting so she wont destroy it. Any better ideas ?

Wrap in a layer of plaster of paris

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Meryy Christmas all!
Spent the day drinking and watching movies :D

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Congrats CSB!

I got a dashcam for christmas, might do a trial by taking a drive on the Coventry ring road.
You guys can find out why every person who goes on it says it is the most stupid road they've been on

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Still at my parents place and as my sister got me an amusing sushi book for Christmas I decided to get some stuff in to make sushi (neither mum nor dad have ever had sushi before)
Only issue was that at the shop they didn't seem to understand the difference between fresh fish and fish fresh enough for sushi.
Therefore my plan has been to eat some of the tuna I bought in and see if food poisoning kicks in before serving it to anyone else.

30 minutes have passed and no symptoms have appeared yet. Supposedly it takes about 2 hours for it to kick in properly so I'm not clear yet.
Wish me luck AI.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

torpedan posted:

Here is a handy chart that you can read over while you wait. Depending on what you are concerned about, the wait time is much longer than that. Here is another helpful chart that can help you figure out what you caught.

Most of the rolls I do use either shrimp or imitation crab. Some day I might try and make something raw, but I tend to keep it low effort food safety wise. It also does not help that I am I'm central Illinois and pretty much avoid all seafood because of it. Next year I might steal this idea to force some of my family members out of their food comfort zones.

Well still feeling pretty good, eaten all the sushi now so if I've poisoned my family... whoops.
My dad isn't a fan of the Japanese so it was funny seeing him admit he enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Jan 2015 thread should still be "gently caress 2014" as a title because we are all going to motor away from it and have a better year ok?

Happy New Year!

• Locked thread