Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I remembered reading that story right after it happened. What a lovely scumbag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

rscott posted:

ok I have literally never done anything plumbing related in my life but my slumlord landlord won't fix my hosed up shower so I'm going to turn off the hot water in my shower unless I need to take a shower because apparently it's dripping at like 4 gallons of hot water an hour and that's almost certainly what is driving my electric bill through the roof

this is what i'm dealing with. I can't get the thing to budge with my weak girly hands, can I use a wrench on that bolt fitting near the base of the valve?

You need to look up and utilize your landlord tenant laws to get them to do what they are legally required to. If they won't fix it you should be able to deduct the repair costs from the rent.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tusen Takk posted:

I sleep really well, apparently

edit: søvnanalyse means sleep analysis

do you have some sort of fitness band or something that works with these apps? i should look into this

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

meatpimp posted:

Don't ever do a 30 year mortgage, especially if you're financing some large percentage... unless you're in it for more than 10 years, it's virtually paying rent to the bank.

I switched to a 20 year a few years back and with that, and paying a little bit "extra" per month, it's nice to see the principle drop over a grand every couple months.

I was in my first house almost 15 years and took off less than 25% of the principle. Lesson learned -- banks will gently caress those that don't know what they are doing.

You can still get a 30 year mortgage and just pay extra, it's not significantly different and in the unfortunate event of unemployment you can drop the extra payments.

Hell if you get a 30 year mortgage and take one of the offers to do bi-weekly payments it shaves like 6 or 7 years off the loan.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
There's a microsoft office template for excel that will do extra payments. Or search for an online calculator there's tons of them.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Paying down the principal is good but it will have diminishing returns after a while. I think the main goal should be to pay it down enough that if we had another lovely housing crisis that you wouldn't be underwater should the value of your house plummet suddenly.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Mat_Drinks posted:

I'm thinking about finally upgrading to an LCD LED TV, but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with the options out there (of which 1/3 are Saumsung and 1/3 are brands that sound lovely or I know are lovely). Since most of us are tech nerds too, do any of you have decent review or information sites you'd recommend that collate and compare information well? I can watch a youtube review and read an Amazon review, but I don't feel like that's helping much.

The tough spot I'm in too is that I kind of don't like the way the picture on most 120hz TVs looks because many, to me, appear ultra sharp and ultra real in a bad way. I don't want to see the pores on peoples skin. Or maybe I'm just sitting too close to the TV :D

It's not all encompassing but this site is fantastic for TV reviews.

http://www.rtings.com/

there's an ongoing thread over in 'inspect your gadgets' btw

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
:doh: so will a cup of coffee,.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Welp, I was hoping Baby Ulysses would come a bit earlier than the expected due date of Jan 3rd, but 3 weeks early?

Oh well still gonna get the tax benefit for this year :angel:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Fo3 posted:

Congrats BraveUlysses. e: BTW you like Cream? I love that song.

I still like cream, but I don't listen to them nearly as much as I did 10-15 years ago but easily my favorite eric clapton band.

Thanks for all the well wishes my wife had baby without too much effort, water was broken by the Dr at 3am and she was born at 9am.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Well Mrs Ulysses and I are home from the hospital but little baby Ulysses is staying in the Newborn ICU for a few days due to her having blood sugar level problems and Mrs Ulysses having a fever from the flu when she went into labor.

Hopefully she'll be coming home tomorrow

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Baby Ulysses got to come home from the newborn ICU today :3: so glad to have her home :cheers:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
well, survived the first week of baby. my sleep schedule has never been more upside down.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Colicy baby says, no, you will not sleep in between the hours of 11pm and 8am. then you can sleep, right when you have a bunch of other poo poo to do, ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cakefool posted:

Holy poo poo black mirror white Christmas special :stare:

Finished last night with rum in my tea, started this morning with rum in my coffee. Kids are hilariously overstimulated with toys and chocolate, wife loves her new android tablet, I got books :woop: and guardians of the galaxy DVD :woop:

Little cakefoolette has stuffed her little pram with happy land animals, little master cakefool is building lego trucks, I need to start dinner shortly, told my wife I'd cook.

what channel is that on?

merry christmas ya whores!

• Locked thread