Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which team will be 0-8 Florida A&M's first win in December?
This poll is closed.
South Carolina State 3 5.26%
Miskatonic 18 31.58%
North Florida 1 1.75%
Florida International 3 5.26%
Trick question, there's no such school as Florida A&M 32 56.14%
Total: 57 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I feel like an evolved version of an old man. The marijuana doesn't bother me at all, but goddamn, turn down that music! Those poor people below him probably get no sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

OctoberBlues posted:

I feel like an evolved version of an old man. The marijuana doesn't bother me at all, but goddamn, turn down that music! Those poor people below him probably get no sleep.
Nah they came to an agreement after the 8th time they had to call the cops. Now the people just text BDJ if he's being too loud. His phone must have been dead last night. :shobon:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

OctoberBlues posted:

That's basically my take on this as well.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
SAS dominating that 25-39 age demographic.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

Regnevelc posted:

Grew up a Michigan fan that went to Ball State. Boo hoo.

Yeah you definitely are boo hooing about a throwaway joke I made. Maybe it struck you as personal for some reason?

kittenmittons posted:

D'angelo Russell is real good y'all.

He really is an amazing player. I'd say he's the second best freshman in the Big Ten.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

vikingstrike posted:

SAS dominating that 25-39 age demographic.

Well, now that we're all grown up

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Fisticuffs posted:

Yeah you definitely are boo hooing about a throwaway joke I made. Maybe it struck you as personal for some reason?

Nope just made me chuckle given the amount of IU Basketball Fans and ND Football fans I know. Nothing directed at you.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I remember when this thread contained mostly people who were still actually in school!

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Ungratek posted:

I remember when this thread contained mostly people who were still actually in school!

Hey now, I graduated grad school only 3.5 years ago!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Ungratek posted:

2008 was a good time.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I'm still in school.

Sorry to make you guys feel old.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

2008 was a good time.

Wasn't it though?

Now I have to post at work. It's practically slavery.

Hello Towel posted:

I'm still in school.

Sorry to make you guys feel old.

It's cool. On the bright side it's really fun to return to Bloomington and splash a bunch of money cause stuff is cheap there. You will enjoy it when it's your time. Unless you're a trust fund kid in which case congrats.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
2008 was not a good time at all as it relates to college basketball imho

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

:laugh:

IDK, was being 15-17 worth Indiana being 6-25?

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 11, 2014

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

MourningView posted:

Actually, get this, it ruled.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Somebody is going to find this and post it, might as well get it out of the way.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Somebody is going to find this and post it, might as well get it out of the way.

aagagagagagaga

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I remember the good years of getting high with Adrien Joseph and Mustapha Farrakhan. Didn't give a gently caress that we weren't any good.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

MourningView posted:

What year was Bruner and the missed FT? Was that 2008?

That was my favorite year.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Suspended one game for a noise complaint. Freddy trying to hard to hold on to his clean boy image.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Suspended one game for a noise complaint. Freddy trying to hard to hold on to his clean boy image.

Meh, more suspended for a whole bunch of noise complaints and then (presumably) being enough of an rear end when the cops showed up that they came up with something flimsy to haul him off. Especially since I assume anybody who is a "last chance" transfer comes with a pretty explicit short leash and they'd apparently already had meetings between him, the coaching staff, the neighbor, and the cops to get him to stop.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 11, 2014

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Whirlwind Jones posted:

What year was Bruner and the missed FT? Was that 2008?

That was my favorite year.

Brunner, bless his doofy bald heart, graduated in 05-06, and he was actually really good in that game even if he helped set up That loving Shot. I could have sworn Haluska was the guy who missed the FT, but I have no watched a single moment of that game since in happened and do not intend to. The box score shows that Haluska was perfect from the line so it probably was Bru.

That season was actually awesome aside from the ending though. Erik Hansen blocked everything, Thunder Doug Thomas dunked all over fools, Horner made crazy long threes, Brunner jumped face first into people and got to the foul line, and they won a bunch of games and the conference tourney by just Big Tenning the gently caress out of people. It was mostly good times. 08 was the second to last year of Lickliter and it was decidedly not good times.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 12, 2014

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Thank you for helping prove my point.

Kansas fans were happy, y'all. Kansas fans. Dark times. Not, like, Duke won something dark, but it was pretty bad.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I just can't believe the sheer number of paintings of that shot I've seen in people's houses. That doesn't qualify as wall art, people.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
WSU has gently caress-all for talent except for Lacy and it's pretty clear this year is going to be as garbage as the last few. the bright side is that its been immediately apparent how much better the coaching is – even with a roster full of dogshit they don't look anywhere near as lost on the court as they did during the whole Ken Bone era, which was an unmitigated disaster and waste of Klay's final years.

Ernie rules and I just hope he can manage to recruit enough guys to give us even a slight turnaround. we're a difficult sell to recruits for a whole host of reasons, like every team in the P12 having better and more storied programs with more recent success and a bunch of non-P12 schools in the area with a history of performance (ex. Gonzaga, SDSU). if we can't get guys to play for Ernie then we have no chance at reaching Bennett-era levels of relevance again anytime soon, since he's as good of a coach as we can ever hope to get. at least I have a reason to be hopeful for the next couple of years before the inevitable failure and disappointment set in! :unsmith:

go cougs

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 12, 2014

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart
That painting reminds me of Julian Wright (who was sitting by the cameramen in that picture), who has now gone loving crazy and thinks that the Illuminati are creating a homosexual conspiracy in the US with Beyonce. Great insights, @HebrewJEWright

(I could go all day with these)

bearic fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 12, 2014

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
Alex Poythress has torn his ACL

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart

Kidd-Liggit posted:

I can't believe he's going to play as a senior in a Kentucky uniform. Really sucks for him, but obviously UK will probably only be better by being forced to sorta shorten their rotation.

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
No more super cool Poythress dunks this year

pourin' one out for my boy Poy

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
N: Mizzou holds off the mighty Elon Phoenix tonight by 5 points at home.

V: Jesus christ

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Kidd-Liggit posted:

Really sucks to hear. Hope he has a speedy recovery. Fortunately the team has depth to fill his spot. I'm guessing Hawkins/Willis will eat some time here and there as a result.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
News:

Views:

gently caress a Hawkeye, go a Cyclone. But quietly. People need their sleep.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

kiimo posted:

I just can't believe the sheer number of paintings of that shot I've seen in people's houses. That doesn't qualify as wall art, people.

It's really more of a mural thing

Although to be fair it's not like you can get a wall painting of John Calipari failing to teach free throw shooting

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Declan MacManus posted:

It's really more of a mural thing

Although to be fair it's not like you can get a wall painting of John Calipari failing to teach free throw shooting

Surprised some Mizzou/K-State fan hasn't commissioned a watercolor painting of this yet.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Sucks about Poythress. Says a lot about this team's depth though that they can lose a player like that and not be hurt too bad. He wasn't the best player, but they'll certainly miss the energy he brings. I'm interested to see if the platoon system sticks now or not.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Sucks about Poythress. Says a lot about this team's depth though that they can lose a player like that and not be hurt too bad. He wasn't the best player, but they'll certainly miss the energy he brings. I'm interested to see if the platoon system sticks now or not.

The platoons still work if they push Willis into that role, whatever you want to call it, in one of the platoons. If Willis keeps hitting some threes and his free throws, at least it's not the end of the world. It just sucks that this happens right before UNC.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

vegaji posted:

That painting reminds me of Julian Wright (who was sitting by the cameramen in that picture), who has now gone loving crazy and thinks that the Illuminati are creating a homosexual conspiracy in the US with Beyonce. Great insights, @HebrewJEWright

(I could go all day with these)

First I thought Julian Wright was conservative, then I thought he was religious, then I thought he was Tea Party, then I thought he was bomb shelter, now I think he's early stages of schizophrenia.

He regularly tweets how he can see the devil in Beyonce's eyes.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 12, 2014

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

7'2" C Trayvon Reed has joined Auburn's roster and is immediately eligible. Was like the #8 C, signed with UConn, then got in some legal trouble (like resisting or a minor assault after being confronted about shoplifting, but I may be thinking of another guy, this is Auburn). Bruce Pearl says he won't start immediately but might play at Clemson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

He was originally signed to Maryland, not UConn.

• Locked thread