Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Jarmak posted:

slow cooker is for nerds who can't cook, dutch oven put in the oven on low is where its at, that way you can brown your poo poo on the stove before it slow cooks

While I would agree that cooking with cast iron is the proper answer in most instances, a slow cooker has its uses.

That said I don't see how mac and cheese is one of them, dutch oven sounds like the way to go there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Don't fart on your food.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Unless you're into stuff like that.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Jarmak posted:

slow cooker is for nerds who can't cook, dutch oven put in the oven on low is where its at, that way you can brown your poo poo on the stove before it slow cooks

I will loving fight you and cave in your skull with a dutch oven you nouveau-castiron hipster human being

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

krispykremessuck posted:

I will loving fight you and cave in your skull with a dutch oven you nouveau-castiron hipster human being

I actually use a copper rondeau, suck it

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Jarmak posted:

I actually use a copper rondeau, suck it

I like to waste money on sparkly kitchen crap too lets suck each others dicks in williams sonoma and then slit our throats

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

krispykremessuck posted:

I like to waste money on sparkly kitchen crap too lets suck each others dicks in williams sonoma and then slit our throats

I'm actually okay with this

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Honestly, I think it's kind of sweet.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
While watching you two in Williams Sonoma I will perform a food demo and jerk off into my le creuset dutch oven and whisk it into a roux for slow baked mac n cheese because my slow cooker is already making pulled pork which is WHAT IT WAS loving INTENDED FOR

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Cum reduction

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Zeris posted:

While watching you two in Williams Sonoma I will perform a food demo and jerk off into my le creuset dutch oven and whisk it into a roux for slow baked mac n cheese because my slow cooker is already making pulled pork which is WHAT IT WAS loving INTENDED FOR

no that's what a smoker is for you chump

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

krispykremessuck posted:

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

krispykremessuck posted:

Zeris posted:

I will make pork adobo out of ribs, or maybe a pot roast in the crockpot, and those are great applications but I will agree that any variation on barbecue (assuming you would describe that pulled pork as "bbq") necessarily involves smoke and or flame at some point. I don't want to sperg out about regional variations or the literal definition of the word barbecue but pulled pork or for that matter carnitas will never come out of a crock pot.

acceptable barbecue styles: (not exhaustive, of course)
carolina pit-cooked pork
texas hardwood-smoked brisket, ribs et al
santa maria tri tip
lechon/kailua/babi guleng/roast pig in whatever language
parilla/churrasco - Brazilian barbecue rules

what I'm trying to say here is that you're not eating pulled pork, you're eating boiled pork with ketchup

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Victor Vermis posted:

Don't fart on your food.

a shameful chef

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

you can do anything you want in life

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

you can do anything you want in life

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

DownByTheWooter posted:

I will make pork adobo out of ribs, or maybe a pot roast in the crockpot, and those are great applications but I will agree that any variation on barbecue (assuming you would describe that pulled pork as "bbq") necessarily involves smoke and or flame at some point. I don't want to sperg out about regional variations or the literal definition of the word barbecue but pulled pork or for that matter carnitas will never come out of a crock pot.

acceptable barbecue styles: (not exhaustive, of course)
carolina pit-cooked pork
texas hardwood-smoked brisket, ribs et al
santa maria tri tip
lechon/kailua/babi guleng/roast pig in whatever language
parilla/churrasco - Brazilian barbecue rules

what I'm trying to say here is that you're not eating pulled pork, you're eating boiled pork with ketchup

I'm eating cheap as gently caress delicious low effort meat with whatever name you like, I'm just replenishing protein stores to make more cum reduction.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Everyone knows that slow cookers are for making cannabutter.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

zombie303 posted:

Everyone knows that slow cookers are for making cannabutter.

WWBBD?
what would buffalo bill do?
i don't know but something cannibalism & pre-op related

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Harvest-collection-semen-based-recipes/dp/1481227041

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Those customer reviews HAHAHAHA

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
God bless capitalism.

I just ordered some new earbuds and noticed that I magically have...same day shipping? I haven't ordered from Amazon in awhile so whatever, I don't know how old this option is. Figure it's probably retarded expensive or something.

It's four dollars.

Eat poo poo, holiday delivery worker. Drive your rear end out here and deliver my earbuds on a Sunday.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
it will be a USPS postal worker, they sold their souls to Amazon for some obvious reason.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Yeah they are doing a few cities at the moment-think it started up maybe a month ago. Shits crazy.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Same sorta thing here- my wife ordered a couple picture frames from Amazon on Friday, and they were in our doorstep today.

they def weren't there last night, so idk wtf is going on

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 7, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah been getting packages pretty late and on Sunday's

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Chicago has Sunday delivery through Amazon too. It loving owns.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
what the gently caress cleveland

edit:

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 8, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

edit:

hahahahahhahahahaahahahahahahaah

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Vasudus posted:

edit:

:suicide:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Vasudus posted:

edit:

This made my laugh so hard my eyes started tearing. Christ.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Vasudus posted:

edit:

:negative:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Godholio posted:

This made my laugh so hard my eyes started tearing. Christ.

I needed a pick me up after the refs ripped the Bills because they weren't playing to the NFL narrative.

Between this and the Raiders beating San Fran, I'm feeling ok.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Vasudus posted:

edit:
ahahahahaha

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

nwin posted:

Yeah they are doing a few cities at the moment-think it started up maybe a month ago. Shits crazy.

Im in a small town of 50K in AZ and we're getting Amazon deliveries on Sundays too

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Was working on the car out front yesterday and USPS mailman was walking by, and I asked him something like "they have you working on a Sunday?!" and he talked about how they delivered packages for Amazon and I told him that was bullshit. Turned out the two boxes he was carrying was poo poo I ordered, that was awkward.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hope they at least get some OT or something

Then again I'm sure a lot of dudes have odd schedules and don't mind it

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Its the single most profitable and intelligent business decision the USPS has made in decades. By taking advantage of the season to work an exclusive deal with a major shipping giant like Amazon, they've honest-to-god helped themselves out of some serious financial repercussions. Because the Post-Office isn't nearly as tax-funded as it is funded by the sales of stamps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Amazon only uses UPS and FedEx right?

Wonder how long until they get their own courier system

• Locked thread