Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Christoff posted:

Amazon only uses UPS and FedEx right?

Wonder how long until they get their own courier system

Depends. They use FedEx rarely, only for overnight poo poo for things on a special rush delivery. UPS for 2nd day, and USPS if you're close enough for Priority Mail to be 2nd day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It would be easier buying out a courier than starting one from scratch.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I get a lot of stuff from third party sellers so that usually comes USPS and is actually pretty fast.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My stuff was delivered via unmarked courier. I figured they were either Amazon branded or some third party affiliate.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Just got an Amazon package from a truck labeled LASERSHIP

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
Jesus Christ, one of my kids is going to see the recruiter today.

I might have to smother her in her sleep first.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
GiP is about to come full-circle.

Isn't the cycle of life beautiful? :allears:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

50 Foot Ant posted:

Jesus Christ, one of my kids is going to see the recruiter today.

I might have to smother her in her sleep first.

I know you have to have told some of the same stories you tell here to the kid. Where did they go so wrong? :smith:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

her?

lol

Hope it's the USMC

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

From what I can recall Amazon, UPS, and FedEx got caught with their pants down last Christmas. Weren't prepared for the volume of stuff they ended up shipping, and took a lot of flack for it. That's probably why they're working with USPS and couriers this year.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Icon Of Sin posted:

I know you have to have told some of the same stories you tell here to the kid. Where did they go so wrong? :smith:

That's the first thing I asked: "Holy poo poo, your mother and I got busted the gently caress up and spit out, every family member you know is crazy or crippled, what are you thinking?"

"I got a plan!" :hurr:

She plans on signing the 8 year, doing 4 years active, 4 years NG, or 8 years NG, whichever gives her the better deal.

And she wants to be a loving X-Ray tech.

:suicide:

Jesus Christ on a Stupidity Powered Go-Kart.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Plans are great and all but I love when people have these 10 year plans

"going to join do 4 years enlisted yup get my degree and commission and do 6!"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Did her mother drink while she was pregnant?

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Did her mother drink while she was pregnant?

Worse. She was in First Cav.

GODDAMN YOU FORT HOOD!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

50 Foot Ant posted:

she wants to be a loving X-Ray tech.

hahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

50 Foot Ant posted:

That's the first thing I asked: "Holy poo poo, your mother and I got busted the gently caress up and spit out, every family member you know is crazy or crippled, what are you thinking?"

She plans on signing the 8 year, doing 4 years active, 4 years NG, or 8 years NG, whichever gives her the better deal.

add a page to her baby book
1st army STD

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

hahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

poo poo, that's better than being a Whiskey. Might at least be able to work as something more than a $8/hr glorified bus driver when she runs screaming away from the military.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

hahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Better than being what I was, or a medic like her momma.

Got out, and those translated directly to jack and poo poo.

What's X-Ray tech like nowadays?

If she's got her Daddy's luck (real lovely) is she going to find herself attached to a loving EOD unit X-Raying poo poo? Or is she just gonna be a hospital drunk making sure nobody gets good medical care?

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

50 Foot Ant posted:

buy her an account

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

50 Foot Ant posted:

If she's got her Daddy's luck (real lovely) is she going to find herself attached to a loving EOD unit X-Raying poo poo? Or is she just gonna be a hospital drunk making sure nobody gets good medical care?

shes gonna be in a csh doing stupid bullshit like nonstop inventory while irradiating herself with military-grade x-ray machines that haven't been properly serviced in years

she'll be glow-in-the-dark by the time she gets to phase 2 of her life plan

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

she'll be pregnant & divorced by the time she gets to phase 2 of her life plan

Just saying

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Pregnant and divorced, whatever. She's already got one kid.

Since right now she's a 22 year old woman working at Wal-Mart with a 2 year old kid, the Army "Can't be any worse than what's going on now."

So, basically it'll be the same thing her Momma did when she wasn't deployed, complete with Drawdown Bullshit and egomanicial supervisors who sexually assault her?

So, like working at Wal-Mart?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The chances of her dating someone like Cole shoot up dramatically. Please stop her from enlisting.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Jesus

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:stare:

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Oh I tried to stop her.

Offered to drill into her frontal lobe with a drill and then kick her dead in the rear end to give her the whole 4 years in one blinding moment of clarity, but she's figuring it's better than what's going on for her now.

Her mother told her that it's gonna suck the whole way. Get used to getting groped, everyone treats medical personnel like whores, get told she isn't worth a poo poo because she's a girl, all that good poo poo.

I reminded her that both her mother and I got busted the gently caress up in peace-time, never mind DS/S.

But, she's 22 and she's as stubborn as her momma.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I look forward to the day when your daughter becomes the new SMA.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

50 Foot Ant posted:

So, like working at Wal-Mart?

Kinda, except she'll just get lovely healthcare instead of zero.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Heading back to school in January. So while I was getting registered and everything I dropped by the vet center to register with them since I was told it was a good idea. They actually seemed like normal people which surprised me. I never visited the vet center at my last school because I feared the worst for the kind of people who'd involve themselves with it, and half the veterans I met while attending were douchebags. Didn't see anything I didn't like for the 45 minutes I was there, still probably not going to hang out in there but it's a relief regardless.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

That's like every persons background that enlists no?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
re: USPS chat: USPS actually works great typically and is also usually cheaper than other courier services by an extremely wide margin. The only time FedEx or UPS should be necessary is if you need signature tracking, which even USPS offers these days.

Their financial woes are mostly the fault of congress repeatedly attempting to torpedo USPS over and over again.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

Because the Post-Office isn't nearly as tax-funded as it is funded by the sales of stamps.
Last time I looked, their operating budget was actually 100% funded by their own sales. I think maybe the Postal Inspectors and parts of the APO system are on the federal dime.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

50 Foot Ant posted:

My career was mostly at an AFB with over 80,000 personnel. Our clinic didn't have an xray machine or any other imaging equipment after about 2009. Soo...

Edit: If she doesn't want an account here, at least force her to keep a journal of her career and post it every six months so we can see the optimism and bullheadedness drift into anguish, disgust, regret, and shame.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Dec 9, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Friends dad did 4 years AF and then went to USPS and just retired at like 58. He made pretty good cash and his pention is great too

The "techs" at the RAS where I was at had some 1 month certification. Didn't mean poo poo but they could do literally all the same stuff

I mean if she can get guaranteed x-ray that's a pretty good gig. I think the Army has specific MOS's for specific medical jobs but idk

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Christoff posted:

The "techs" at the RAS where I was at had some 1 month certification. Didn't mean poo poo but they could do literally all the same stuff

I mean if she can get guaranteed x-ray that's a pretty good gig. I think the Army has specific MOS's for specific medical jobs but idk

Army medical has a fuckload of specific MOSs. Pharmacist, X-Ray, Physical Therapy, Nutritionalist, Medic, etc

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

The recruiter acted all weird.

No criminal record. 3.8 HS grad. Good work ethic. 22. Excellent health. Only surgery was an uneventful C-Section. She took a practice ASVAB and scored 96. No drugs. Support network. Can run a mile in 10 minutes, do 25 pushups, and 50 situps.

I figure he's expecting her to be filled with alien brain eating parasites or an illegal alien or a sting operation. LOL

The three guys in the office were tattooed and pierced up and were wondering if their criminal records were gonna matter and really interested in the piss test.

He told her to come back tomorrow and went back to dealing with the three tattooed beat messiahs.

Of course, could be her father was standing there and the first words out of her mouth were: "My whole family is military, so don't bother singing and dancing for me."

Bellum
Jun 3, 2011

All war is deception.
Step 1: Learn to play an instrument.
Step 2: Join the Army band.

http://www.usarmyband.com/vacancies/current-openings.html

"Members of the band are given the Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) of 42S (forty-two sierra), “Special Band Musician”. Personnel are promoted to the grade of Staff Sergeant (E-6) upon completion of four-months of active-duty service..."

That sounds like bullshit but whatever, army band beats combat arms.

Or be a paralegal MOS, or a chaplain's assistant, or any of the medical MOS, or public affairs. There's a lot of options for a single mother with a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

50 Foot Ant posted:

The recruiter acted all weird.

No criminal record. 3.8 HS grad. Good work ethic. 22. Excellent health. Only surgery was an uneventful C-Section. She took a practice ASVAB and scored 96. No drugs. Support network. Can run a mile in 10 minutes, do 25 pushups, and 50 situps.

I figure he's expecting her to be filled with alien brain eating parasites or an illegal alien or a sting operation. LOL

The three guys in the office were tattooed and pierced up and were wondering if their criminal records were gonna matter and really interested in the piss test.

He told her to come back tomorrow and went back to dealing with the three tattooed beat messiahs.

Of course, could be her father was standing there and the first words out of her mouth were: "My whole family is military, so don't bother singing and dancing for me."

is she hot?

• Locked thread