Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

man if youtube/twitter was a thing when i was a kid online i'd be unemployable

all we had was geocities pages, livejournals, and aim profiles. at least they're gone now

The early days of my Internet posting career was the Gran Turismo forum on the AOL games website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

tuluk posted:

who the hell is fire?

A child to some very disappointed parents.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
There's photos of him wearing a hilariously bad wig around. The most low effort trans look ever.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Bolow posted:

He looked like a high school offensive lineman in a wig

What if Fire actually had the natural talent needed to be one of our generation's greatest linebackers? Wasted on Japanese pedo games.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Nightcrawler is a good movie. Jake Gyllenhaal plays an asperger goon.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Dead Reckoning posted:

It was good, but his character arc was essentially flat. He starts out a sociopathic aspie and ends the movie a rich sociopathic aspie.

Well what can you really expect from a sociopathic aspie?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Honestly, I think it's kind of sweet.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Cum reduction

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

you can do anything you want in life

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Chicago has Sunday delivery through Amazon too. It loving owns.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It would be easier buying out a courier than starting one from scratch.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The chances of her dating someone like Cole shoot up dramatically. Please stop her from enlisting.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I look forward to the day when your daughter becomes the new SMA.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

DownByTheWooter posted:

when I think back over all the weird poo poo I breathed in over the course of my military service, oooh boy

I've ingested enough de-icing fluid that it surely has to be toxic. Not to mention JP-8 fumes and other poo poo.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Godholio posted:

Probably less detrimental than walking past the back row or just being on the jet the day after Mongolian bbq.

I got really good at making farts travel across the jet.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Cost cutting measures. The time saved on meeting because all it takes is one person to speak on behalf of several of those categories. They just have to queue up different slides or whatever.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Transraptor gets slighted once again.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Is pansexual the thing the ghostbusters were trying to stop the gatekeeper from releasing or something else?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I think it's helpful since I can tell kids what it's like to be gay in "real world". I also think it's nice for them to see a happy, functioning gay person in a committed relationship. I also take an opportunity to real talk about what to expect once you leave the safe space that is a major university.

Serious question: What is it like to be gay in the real world and outside of "safe spaces"? Like I know GiP likes to think it's all blowjobs and ESPN. What's it like?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

For me? It's not terrible but it could be better.

I mean it sucks to have to pass the man I'm marrying off as my roommate, but things are already a lot better than they were when I was in high school so :shrug:

In general you need to have thick skin and pick your battle to survive. I think that LGBT groups at universities aren't helping kids by ignoring that reality. Instead you have adults who should know better fawning over kids (and I'm using that word intentionally) exploring their identities without giving them the skills they need to survive a job interview after they graduate. It's irresponsible and I've always been vocal about that. I've had horrible things said to my face and behind my back because of this but I also get Facebook messages from folks saying I'm their gay role model.

Huh. That's pretty fascinating how these groups aren't really doing these poor kids any favors.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Would it be fair to say the general theme is similar to vet groups who pander to free poo poo and empty gestures rather than finding vets meaningful employment or other similarly helpful opportunities?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Congratulations to EBB for finally giving the Veterans thread a post that is now mandatory in every OP.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Volunteer Boy: That doesn't look very scary. More like a six-foot hambeast.

Dr. Alan Grant: A hambeast, huh? OK, try to imagine yourself in Berkeley. You get your first look at this "six foot hambeast" as you enter a clearing. Xe moves like an elephant, lumbering, wheezing, mopping xer head. And you keep still because you think that maybe xis visual acuity is based on movement like cishets - Xe'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Polysexor. You stare at xer, and xe just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side,

[makes 'whoshing' sound]

Dr. Alan Grant: from the other two polysexers you didn't even know were there. Because polysexer's a pack hunter, you see, xe uses coordinated attack patterns and xe is out in force today. And xe assaults your common sense with this...
[he produces a smartphone from his pocket]

Dr. Alan Grant: A blog of "indefatigable arguments" and illogical hate, like nails on a chalkboard, in xer sweaty paw. Xe doesn't bother to debate you like a civilized person, say... no no. Xe shrieks at you here, or here...

[he lightly tongues the boy's ear, and twists his natural sexual organs]

Dr. Ellie Sattler: Oh, Alan...

Dr. Alan Grant: Or maybe you fight back and the group starts screaming rape as a trump card. The point is, you are alive when they doxx you, you lose your job, and the police finally come. So you know, try to show a little respect.

Volunteer Boy: OK.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I have the Kindle paperwhite. Really good stuff.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Seriously. Get the paperwhite for reading.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It is my hope these social justice groups all meet for a gnarly brawl like in Anchorman.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Filed my formal claim with the VA today through DAV. Definitely helpful having a service organization do the claim.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
So far I really them. The guy handling my stuff asked me to consider him like my lawyer. Nothing happens without DAV speaking for me. I dig that

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Alright which one of you fuckers got that photo of my new pc?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

SquirrelyPSU posted:

So did you get that bitch up and running or what?

Yea. It's all working great.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

you went to windows 7, right? glad its working for you

Nope. Stuck with 8.1. I had to re-flash the BIOS through a Windows updater for everything to work.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Congrats!

pkells posted:

Being a vet rules.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Top Gear Vietnam is still their best special. Jeremy hates life so much for most of the episode.

When the challenge to ride from South Vietnam to the northern tip, he looks so utterly devastated.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

my favorite is the Bolivia special, still. the race to get to lower elevation was insanely nerve-racking.

also seeing hammond coked out was rad

That was really great. I love how the producers don't (or didn't) shy away from putting those three in dangerous circumstances.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
My sheer laziness is why I don't play flight sims or anything very demanding of my attention. I just don't have the effort to put forth.

I totally get why some people grow out of video games.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That's why racing games work so well for me. I can play anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour at a time. It's entirely up to me.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

not caring here posted:

So, who's got a recommendation for me.

Years ago I used to have one of those logitec steering wheels with the 3 pedals and gated shifter. poo poo was legit and I used to have a whale of a time racing dickheads online, in a game called... Live For Speed? I think?

Anyway, now that I'm firmly latched onto that gubbmint teat with little to do besides go to the loving doctor 7 million times a year, what's the new racing simulator hotness? I want something that uses the whole steering wheel rig, a bunch of different street cars, and preferably with gently caress off long tracks. I really like the idea of The Crew, but it turned out so fuckin' arcadey I was just disgusted.

Does such a game exist?

Assetto Corsa is pretty much the best thing going right now for PC racing sims. Project CARS will be releasing here in March. That is something I've been eagerly awaiting for a long, long while now. As for a wheel, I've been eyeing the Thrustmaster T300rs myself. The wheel works for both PC and PS4, which is an incentive to me.

Can't go wrong with a Fanatec setup though. The Logitech G27 also gets a lot of praise and can be had for 200 bucks. Although the pedals that come with it aren't amazing.

Something like Forza/Gran Turismo doesn't exist on the PC. So if you're wanting 200+ cars and a career mode, PC isn't where it's at. What you do get though are lavishly detailed, complex, and rewarding sims that throw a bunch of tracks, a good variety of high-end cars ranging from street to GT3 to LMP-type poo poo, and day/night cycles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y3xNZ4rvuY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S64n63J4PsE

bloops fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 13, 2014

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

not caring here posted:

Well, that's pretty loving neat, that Assetto Corsa. Those super cars and poo poo are nice to bash around in, but really I'm the rear end in a top hat who flies around in the poo poo cars, because for some reason I'm really good at it.

Definitely gonna look at that sucker.

Give it a shot. The game goes on sale whenever Steam does a holiday or summer deal. It even works with trackir so you can go ultra sperg. If you get it, I'll be down to race online and help you get up to speed learning decent driving techniques.

Speaking of sperg, there's also iRacing, which is the benchmark in PC sim racing. Guys on there will race a real-life 24 Hours of Le Mans event. Entering the world of sim anything invites this kind of thing.

bloops fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 13, 2014

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

McNally posted:

Well, it only took 320 days but the VA processed my disability claim.

The shoulder injury I sustained in Iraq neither occurred during or is related to my service, apparently.

The moral of the story is to go see a doctor for every loving little thing always, I guess.

Welcome to appeals hell.

Did you go through a service organization or filed the claim yourself?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Just landed a really loving excellent paid internship with a big ad agency just now. These dudes hire after graduation, too. Owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I get annoyed when I have to take the train to downtown Chicago, which is 25 minutes away.

• Locked thread