Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I think the highlight of my job thus far has been watching one of the top neuroscience experts in the world singing "The boys in the hood" in an impossibly thick German accent while waiting for the elevator.

This happened several weeks ago and I still laugh when I'm waiting for the elevator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Most of us are mentally ill. Doesn't stop us though.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am not sure how I feel about the Suicide Squad casting.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Please don't start with "Deadshot isn't black".

No, I just think Will Smith is an awful actor, and he's pretty much the last actor I would have expected for the role. I wish they went with an actual good actor like Idris Elba if they went that route. Or Roger Cross.

Neil McDonnell would be a good choice, he did Deadshot in the last cartoon and he's not that old yet. The lead guy from person of interest would have also been fantastic.

I don't really know enough about most of the other choices to say anything about their acting skills.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh poo poo, I forgot about him. Yeah he would do a rad Deadshot probably.

Really just about anybody, including Will Smith, could do a better job than the goober that they had on Arrow.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Not being involved in Facebook ever is probably one of the best decisions I've made.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My greatest workplace fear is accidentally calling it a PowerPoint dick instead of PowerPoint deck and not realizing it because I'm literally 12.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
N4I post that slow cooked Mac and cheese recipe. I actually might have time to make it this weekend (lol no)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Zeris posted:

I don't get it. What's so special about the slow cooker except that it makes the exact same thing, but four times slower?

It makes things better.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
God bless capitalism.

I just ordered some new earbuds and noticed that I magically have...same day shipping? I haven't ordered from Amazon in awhile so whatever, I don't know how old this option is. Figure it's probably retarded expensive or something.

It's four dollars.

Eat poo poo, holiday delivery worker. Drive your rear end out here and deliver my earbuds on a Sunday.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
what the gently caress cleveland

edit:

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 8, 2014

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My stuff was delivered via unmarked courier. I figured they were either Amazon branded or some third party affiliate.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

MancXVI posted:

Idk, sharing drunken war stories on the porch sounds like the ultimate father-daughter bonding moment

And they can share the common bond of missing GWOT.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
We burned car batteries pretty regularly in our burn pits. No, I don't remember why.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You haven't lived if you haven't seen a dude on a long convoy open the little bulletproof window, stick his rear end out and pinch a loaf out at 70mph.

Bonus points if he has to wash it off the door later.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm a goddamn sociologist and I don't know what most of those are.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I think I was maybe 500 feet away from my burn pit so maybe I'm safe :unsmith:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
lol if your job wasn't so hilariously terrible that burning poo poo wasn't a vacation

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Christoff posted:

The DAV guys seem more than eager to help. How come it's not a common knowledge thing?

Because the greatest issue in the veterans service industry is getting the word out. I worked in one specific region of a small state for nearly 4.5 years and I still learned about new organizations every few weeks.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It took me 3.5 hour to get to cocksucking work today. Water main between Metro Center and Federal Triangle broke, flooding the station lines. Silver/Blue/Orange shut down in the heart of DC.

Started at Greensboro. Took silver to Rosslyn, blue to Pentagon, yellow to Fort Totten, red to Silver Spring. 30 minutes waiting for a silver, 10 minutes at each stop, dude had a loving HEART ATTACK at court house station. All the while stacked nuts to butts in a goddamn subway car.

It's cool though, if I had opted to drive in I would have been frozen on the highway because there was a ton of accidents due to the insanely increased traffic congestion.

gently caress.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Arishtat posted:

You poor, poor bastard.

Stuff like that is why every single hint of a job offer I've been given that involves DC, Rockville, or Northern VA receives the death stare.

Once I was offered a position in Waldorf and I laughed at the guy for thinking I'd even consider taking him up on it. He even tried to pull the 'work from home 1-2 days a week' card. Yeah no thanks pal, gently caress a whole bunch of Waldorf.

On any given day I'm at either Rockville, Bethesda, Silver Spring, Crystal City, McLean or Falls Church. Sometimes 2-3 of those on the same day. Work subsidizes my metro pass. It's really not bad except on days like that.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I left with -30 days of leave. Took leave down to -10 because I knew I was mandated 20 days of terminal no matter what when my medical retirement orders were finally cut. I got called by the BDE S1 about how I can't do that blah blah.

In retrospect I'm mad at myself for waiting until the last minute in my career before actually looking up the regulations that command totes. I probably missed out on a bunch of gently caress you dad situations :smith:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm working a full day today, driving two hours to spend dinner with family then driving back. Merry loving Christmas.

On the plus side the metro was a ghost town today :unsmith:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Zeris posted:

gently caress dude, don't you work at a university? I thought they all shut down for the month.

Not anymore. I got the gently caress out of academia/nonprofits and went private a few months ago and moved to DC. I'm a consultant now.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Office 2013 is garbage poo poo for idiots and gently caress everyone involved in the UI/UX process making it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
God bless lazy federal workers. Shutting down at 1:30 today, federal holiday tomorrow, telework day Friday, then the weekend.

I can't work if the client doesn't work so :tipshat:

• Locked thread