Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah been getting packages pretty late and on Sunday's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hope they at least get some OT or something

Then again I'm sure a lot of dudes have odd schedules and don't mind it

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Amazon only uses UPS and FedEx right?

Wonder how long until they get their own courier system

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

her?

lol

Hope it's the USMC

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Plans are great and all but I love when people have these 10 year plans

"going to join do 4 years enlisted yup get my degree and commission and do 6!"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

That's like every persons background that enlists no?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Friends dad did 4 years AF and then went to USPS and just retired at like 58. He made pretty good cash and his pention is great too

The "techs" at the RAS where I was at had some 1 month certification. Didn't mean poo poo but they could do literally all the same stuff

I mean if she can get guaranteed x-ray that's a pretty good gig. I think the Army has specific MOS's for specific medical jobs but idk

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

50 Foot Ant posted:

No. She's my kid. Of course not, you loving weirdo.

She's going for X-Ray tech, and pretty much let it be known that if she can't have it, she's not taking "some bullshit MOS that they need to numbers for that they'll disband or drawdown in six months." and she'll just walk away and come back in a few months, since she has a job.

If it's anything like the civilian side of things it's going to be full up. I'd assume it's the most desired MOS in the Army and every person going through those doors asks for it

"Hmm I've never worked in medicine but my aunt is an x-ray tech and makes $30 an hour! I want to do that!"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ya but still make bank?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Who's been to Iraq?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/02/lung-study-va/9771237/

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Genocide Tendency posted:

Also, with those creds, how is she stocking shelves at Wal-mart and not at least being a financial drain on you by taking underwater basket weaving at the local Community College? Honestly having a 3.8, HS Diploma and tits, she should have qualified for some sort of scholarship to a real university.

Not to mention they pay people like that to go to CC. poo poo with a kid too? That's like $5,000 a semester

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Celiac is a real thing and I feel bad for the people that have it

But I stopped eating gluten and it cured my ____ (everything)!

Like they want pity by labeling themselves with a disease or some poo poo

Pretty sure being gluten intolerant is bundled with fibromyalgia

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The DAV guys seem more than eager to help. How come it's not a common knowledge thing?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah there's so many resources out there it's ridiculous. It's great finding out all that information at TRS/TAPS, from other veterans you worked with, and in a comedy forum

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Man public transport sure would be nice. Where's that high speed California rail? Seriously some kind of triangle going from SD>LA>SF and then I guess San Jose, Sacramento, Fresno and maybe Vegas? Would be amazing. I think I read they already started some kind of building project or at least planning idk.

Amtrak or whatever down here has to rent/share the railroads therefore it's expensive and takes forever. Seriously I don't think taking a train is ever a viable option over flying or just driving yourself (assuming you have a car)

A round trip about 60 miles would cost me about $40 I believe and take longer than driving

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 17, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Just wait until you get that final paycheck /(I sold 30 something days) I also wasn't getting bah so that was nice

:homebrew:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

30 days max bro

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Every command has their own policy. I saw one dude the whole time pull off the "30 days of leave come back and then go back on leave." No way you were getting more than 30 of terminal

Here's when I was allowed to take leave:

Xmas, pre deployment, post deployment. Unless someone in your family died get hosed

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Thanks for not saying "you a bitch I wasn't allowed to take leave for 3 years!" Or something

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I know that was a sincere ty

Vriess posted:

My Type-2 Sea duty was like that as well.

Ended up having to do annual memos to NAVPERSCOM so people would stop losing 20+ days saved up over the limit.

I think I almost hit 75 days. Luckily I still had a while for the "use it or lose it" countdown. Seemed most of my coworkers were around 60 by the time they got out

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Bolow posted:

We had a dude in our shop that had like 115 days of leave on the books because he extended twice in Japan. He started taking 1 day a leave a week, Noon Thursday to Noon Friday so he could skip the field day bullshit. He did this for an entire year.

Haha that's pretty great. I would have just done endless 3 day weekends but sometimes field day and the subsequent inspections are so dumb and tiring I could see why

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yup. Was for us at least

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

You can reschedule the court dates. poo poo you can delay that poo poo like 3+ months

Also you can just pay it and there should be an option for traffic court to expunge the point from your record (which you should absolutely always do)

Every county is different some will let you do online traffic school some require you to waste a Sunday in person

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

out here in colorado i just pay any ticket i get online gently caress going to court to mingle with all the actual lowlife criminals. its also been like 3 years since my last ticket

Maybe it's different depending on the state but if you just pay it here your insurance rates go up and you end up spending like $2,000 over time?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

You just pay the ticket and check the traffic school box? Every place is different. But yeah you don't need to go to the courthouse or see a judge to go to traffic school. Unless you got a 2nd ticket in a year and you want to go again or are arguing it etc

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not sure how often insurance companies check but in California your insurance is tied to your registration as of like 3 years so I can only assume it's faster in some way if not instant

Casimir Radon posted:

I just paid the ticket, of course I was speeding and it wasn't worth it to me to try and fight it. Took what seemed like forever for the insurance company to forgive me for that one. I should probably check into USAA again, I got screwed by them after totaling a car but that was almost 10 years ago.

USAA rules

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

How long until points are expunged? Does it depend on the state?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah I think the crazy uncle in and out of jail and alcoholic aunt is just standard. And uncle Joe who has no filter and offends everyone

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

"Boy you sure have put on some weight since I saw you last"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

:drat:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

-edit nvm

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 30, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

From what I understand you only get it if you exhaust the post 911 funds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'm always extremely nice and patient with people no matter how low on the totem pole they are and in turn they're nice and go out of their way to help me because I'm the first person of the last 100 to treat them like a human being :shrug:

Then I ask to speak to their supervisor/whatever to tell them how helpful and attentive they were :kiddo:

Can't salvage the old sassy black ladies that followed me from MEPS to the VA though :nyd:

• Locked thread